Quantcast
Would you? 38k Lambo - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Would you? 38k Lambo

My Ride
    has darth kitty

Default Would you? 38k Lambo

poop

I don't know, but my question is how do they not get sued for this?
    Last edited by J-hop; 06-07-2012 at 09:07 PM.

double

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I'm not gonna lie... I couldn't tell it wasn't real by looking at it.

Hell ya I'd pay 38k for that.

No, I'd feel like a douche bag driving a fake lambo.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Chester
    No, I'd feel like a douche bag driving a fake lambo.
    Yeah, but that aside - you're still getting a light, V12 powered car nobody else has.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Engine from a 2010 BMW 760Li..

6.0-liter twin-turbo V12

Insurance would be way cheaper wouldnt it?

no. In the end its fake.

no one will know but you will know

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Lambo is starting to go after the kit car manufacterers a lot more then they used to. I remember about 6 years ago there were a good handful of companies doing what these guys are doing. Then Lambo really started to fight hard to have these guys shut down, and one after the next they either went undercover or shut their doors completely.

There was one based out of Vancouver offering turn key replica Diablo's for around $100k. Towards looks, fit & finish they were EXACT to the actual Lambo using a BMW V12 out of an 850I.
    His website & business name was "Ron's Toy store".
    Another company called NAERC (North American Exotic Repli-Cars) was based out of Saskatoon and offered a very similar package for the Diablo. Base ones based off a Fiero were $70k and they went up from there to about $130k or so. NAERC is gone for good now, not too sure about "Rons Toy store" I know there were a few other companies offering horrendous packages based off of Fiero's down in the states.

$100k sounded about right for what you got with either Ron's or NAERC. That to me was quite fair since a ton of work was needed to build each and every one.

For this LP640 for only $38k REALLY makes me wonder. The cost of the complete engine & tranny would be around $8k at least (pulled from a wrecked 760LI), and to build the rest of the car turn key for $30k and still make a profit on it doesn't add up.

Seeing is believing, but you really cant build a car from scratch for that kind of money, production car or not. I'd be interested to see the car in person. I've never heard of SR before.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

For this LP640 for only $38k REALLY makes me wonder. The cost of the complete engine & tranny would be around $8k at least (pulled from a wrecked 760LI), and to build the rest of the car turn key for $30k and still make a profit on it doesn't add up.

Yea I was wondering about how they could do it for so cheap as well. But then I understood why when they showed the shop they were building it in and then the guy spraying the car in that same filthy shop without a mask and it looked to be open to airflow outside. It is really hard to tell the quality from a low res youtube vid but I wouldn't be surprised if it is shit!

My Ride

Originally posted by J-hop

Yea I was wondering about how they could do it for so cheap as well. But then I understood why when they showed the shop they were building it in and then the guy spraying the car in that same filthy shop without a mask and it looked to be open to airflow outside. It is really hard to tell the quality from a low res youtube vid but I wouldn't be surprised if it is shit!
    ^ Lol, yeah I shuttered when I saw that. No paint booth, no anything. Just opening up the garage door, add a guy with a paint gun, and just like that.... you have "Lamborghini" quality paint eh? Oh... okie dokie. Surely Lambo needs to be informed of all the money their wasting doing these so called "proper" paint jobs then.

With most of these Lambo replica builders their "EXACT" lambo quality really isn't. Far from it actually. I've seen so many laughable replica's over time its insane. To date I've seen perhaps two decent builders that stood the test of time. Everybody else (quite possibly these guys) just come and go like the tide.

I was quite unimpressed with the lack of interior shots towards detail. If their that proud of their work, great..... but let us be the judge of this so called "exact replica" interior. Instead we saw next to nothing. Who knows if the climate controls actually work.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Nothing

No - SR is known for pieces of shit.

There are some lambo replicas I'd build/drive though.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    is wild

Looks like a complete scam, cars in videos are the real thing. Carbon brakes would cost what they are selling the whole car for. Send money and never see anything me thinks.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Originally posted by m10-power
    Looks like a complete scam, cars in videos are the real thing. Carbon brakes would cost what they are selling the whole car for. Send money and never see anything me thinks.
    This guy seems to think they are a scam and at those prices I'd be inclined to agree with him.

There is no way I'd drive a knock off vehicle of any kind.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 03:26 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    I don't think there is any real difference between a real one and a fake one of this caliber. I am sure both are fun as hell on a track, and both are going to make you feel like a bit of a douche if you are just puttering around the city.
    There are plenty of differences, and these are worlds apart. If this car even got 50% slower lap times then the real LP640 I'd be quite surprised. If you could buy something on par with an actual LP640 for $38k, why the fuck would you or anybody blow the additional $460k on one?

These cars look good in ads like this, but a lot of them use donor car frames to keep the costs down (like so many Fiero re-bodies on the market) or the like. Like I say you really cant build a tube-frame replica of any modern super car for $38k, you simply cant.
    A decent tube frame with proper steering, suspension & brakes, lets say about $10k for that.
    So
    $38k minus
    -$14k, frame, drivetrain, brakes, tires and wheels
    -$8k engine
    Which leaves a measly $16k (or much less after you figure out labor, engineering & advertising costs) left to build the *whole* car, there is just no way any company can build a decent car for that kind of coin and make money.

I'd be interested to see the laundry list of parts scavenged from other cars used to build one of these. Probably almost entirely donor parts, asides from the body and most of the interior obviously.

My Ride
    Depends on the day

Was that shot on an iPhone? Scam!!!

My Ride
    has darth kitty

That really is some terrrible filming
    poop

My Ride
    is wild

Originally posted by Agent_Oorange

This guy seems to think they are a scam and at those prices I'd be inclined to agree with him.

There is no way I'd drive a knock off vehicle of any kind.
    Orange lambo they are passing off as their replica is a real lambo, end of story.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast