if i cant go on thr exotic cruise with it, no thanks lol

My Ride
    NC1

Can't do it. Can't drive a fake car.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Originally posted by m10-power

Orange lambo they are passing off as their replica is a real lambo, end of story.

I could have sworn I remember seeing a thread about these guys in the past, and how the whole operation is a scam.
    WAR IS PEACE
    FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
    IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

The unfinished one in the beginning of the video seems to look nothing like the "finished" one later.
    Headlights look to be a different shape, even the shape of the front end of the car is not the same (especially the fenders).

My Ride
    2012 WRX STi Sedan

no way. I don't like fake anything.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Another thing that comes to mind is the time involved to properly build a replicar.

I was on this Diablo Kit car forum a whiles back (back when it was totally legal to make a kit car Lambo). And most guys would spend (on average, money aside) about 8 months to a 1 year to build a car. Thats doing it every day for a job, heading out to the garage trying to get the interior just right, the clutch action to work properly, the engine install just right, the door action to be just right.
    It would blow peoples minds at the time involved. Most people that would build these cars part time sometimes took 2-4 years. A professional that did this for a living would get it done in perhaps 8 months of solid everyday work.

So, like I say with that $16k (or less) reserve fund left over after all the components are bought really makes me wonder as to how legit this is. Even the sketchy-est Kit cars would sell for at least $50k out the door. Decent ones were AT LEAST $100k.

I was interested because the Diablo was always my favorite car growing up, I just adored its looks and persona. Problem is, that is the 2nd most expensive exotic you could possibly own second to only a McLaren F1. Most Diablo owners say after depreciation & maintenance it works out to about $1/mile in ownership costs.
    For a daily driver that I wanted, I opted to go the cheaper route and get an on-par (with performance) kit car for about $100k or the same car purchase price.

There are a lot of other amazing kit cars out there worth mentioning. Such as the MR2 based DDR supercar.

http://www.ddrmotorsport.com/

And the (Factory Five) GTM Supercar.

http://www.factoryfive.com/order-a-k...-complete-kit/

That FF GTM kit can seriously perform. They did some pretty amazing engineering on that car, and holy shit thats one hell of a package for $20k. That can seriously hold its own against other exotics, unlike 95% of the kit cars out there. It uses a ton of stuff borrowed off the Corvette, only it was engineered so that it would work on-par with that current chassis set up.

I'd be quite interested to see the Stig take it for a lap around Top Gear's test track to see how well it fared against other exotics costing 5X++++ as much.
    Good thing is, it uses a Corvette engine & other parts so go-fast goodies are dirt cheap, as is the maintenance. Probably the cheapest to own super-car out there by a very good margin.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 06-08-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

That FF GTM kit can seriously perform. They did some pretty amazing engineering on that car, and holy shit thats one hell of a package for $20k.
    Except it isn't $20k; you're realistically at $80-100k completed depending on how you build it.

That's like saying my 917 only costs 50k ... sure, 50k for a rolling chassis, try 120k+ completed, lol

Originally posted by max_boost
    Can't do it. Can't drive a fake car.
    O RLY?

+

>

all
    Last edited by M.alex; 06-09-2012 at 01:16 AM.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nissan 300zx (1990 na)

Super Replica's is a well know scamming company and yes they use real cars in their videos.

There are a few guys that are said to be legit out there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmou_l-77M8

And always new guys who want a piece of the action
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/te...aventador.html

Originally posted by Mista Bob
    The unfinished one in the beginning of the video seems to look nothing like the "finished" one later.
    Headlights look to be a different shape, even the shape of the front end of the car is not the same (especially the fenders).
    I noticed this too. The car in the background was a Gallardo LP560 replica, not even a Murcielago.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Originally posted by M.alex

Except it isn't $20k; you're realistically at $80-100k completed depending on how you build it.

That's like saying my 917 only costs 50k ... sure, 50k for a rolling chassis, try 120k+ completed, lol

Yeah thats what I should have said. Stupid me. Its about 100k turn key. Still not bad for such a wicked car at the end of the day.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    MY97 WRX

showroom quality paint? it literally showed that mexican spraying the car outside in a dusty garage and i don't think he was even wearing a mask.

yah. no. i can see this car falling apart in a year due to poor quality craftsmanship.

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Originally posted by TE4MFaint
    showroom quality paint? it literally showed that mexican spraying the car outside in a dusty garage and i don't think he was even wearing a mask.

yah. no. i can see this car falling apart in a year due to poor quality craftsmanship.

LoL, they probably had the one in the video sprayed at a booth professionally, but thats not what you as a customer get.....you get the mexican paintjob. Sanded with a brick and painted with a broom

My Ride
    Nothing

Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yeah thats what I should have said. Stupid me. Its about 100k turn key. Still not bad for such a wicked car at the end of the day.
    I love on corvette forum how people seem to think their wrecked corvette they bought back from insurance for 5k + another 18k + 2months of work will get them a show-quality GTM
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    J35Z2

just google SR Replica Car Scam - you will find loads of info on this shit company.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Sunny Leone

I would love to make her my Butter Chicken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2