Quantcast
Indiana allows you to shoot at officers - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Indiana allows you to shoot at officers

My Ride
    Subway / Rav4

Default Indiana allows you to shoot at officers

In other American news: Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. Haven't been able to find major news outlets reporting this, but seems to be a controversial decision.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...MN9Q1OT281.DTL

"Having a war about religion is like having a fight over who's got the best invisible friend" - Yasser Arafat

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Gee... I wonder why that'd possibly be controversial. I mean - why shouldn't the drug dealers be able to shoot the cops that come to apprehend him?

That's fucking retarded. I'm all for allowing a homeowner to defend his/her property, but saying they are allowed to do it against *anyone* is ridiculous.

The only problem I can see with this is that a homeowner doesn't know whether a Cop has lawfully or unlawfully entered their home when the police don't require warrants. Or does Indiana not have something similar to "reasonable suspicion"?

Wait, what prompted this? Were Police busting in to random houses and raping people?

EDIT: Yeah, the article brings up pretty much everything that doesn't make sense, haha.

My Ride
    6.2L V8

That is SICK.

What is wrong with this? I think cops are on power trips and a few deserve to get punished if they are breaking the laws themselves.

My Ride
    DA6, R59

I think this is a big step forward. With the US becoming more of a police state, this might allow for a citizen to stand up for thier rights and prevent an abuse of power from the people in place to "protect" them. Don't get me wrong, I can see this being abused though.
    Last edited by jdmXSI; 06-11-2012 at 11:20 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

I can see the point, but it's pushing it.

"Somebody is going get away with killing a cop because of this law."

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

"I remeber a time when I had respect for law enforcement, it has long passed. Every state in the union should have a law like this on the books!

"Somebody is going get away with killing a cop because of this law."

How does it feel to be on the other side of the barrell good cop? Do your job and defend liberty and you won't have a damn thing to worry about. Treat every person you pull over with dignity and respect and you'll be perfectly safe. Stop harassing people, stop bowing down to quotas, consider joining the "Oath Keepers" and get back to your roots, "to Protect and to Serve".

And before you cry too loudly that a cop could be erased as a result of this law, consider how many innocents have passed away as a result of bad decisions on the part of the cops. If it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander, get used to it, we are taking our country back."
    This guy put it in a pretty interesting perspective.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by Maybelater

This guy put it in a pretty interesting perspective.
    That guy is a raving retard, he is promoting Anarchy, and that if a police officer is killed, hey, it's ok because innocent people have been killed in the past, so that makes it ok!

Under no circumstances is this a good idea...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2015 Ram 1500

Originally posted by spikers

That guy is a raving retard, he is promoting Anarchy, and that if a police officer is killed, hey, it's ok because innocent people have been killed in the past, so that makes it ok!

That's not what he's saying at all. He's saying that if a police officer gets killed "WHILE UNLAWFULLY ENTERING SOMEONE'S HOUSE" then he's ok wit hit.

There's a shit ton of fine print involved, IE, if a police officer is properly identifying himself and announces his entry as lawful, you can't up and shoot him. There's still going to be a burden of proof here, if an officer kicks down the door and yells "POLICE WE HAVE A WARRANT" he has announced that he's lawfully entering your home whether you like it or not.
    Originally posted by HeavyD
    you know you are making the right decision if Toma opposes it.

My Ride
    W204

Toma should move down to Indiana.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by spikers

Under every circumstance this is a great idea. This is just like the gun registry.

If a homeowner is going to open fire on the police because they entered their home, he was going to do so whether or not this law was around or not.

BUT when some asshole cop comes busting down the door when I'm in the middle of fucking dinner and starts waving his gun around and refuses to show me a warrant, I'm best damn gonna grab a gun when this law is in effect and get him out of my house.

This will not result in more gunned down cops. Those that are shot at would have been shot at no matter the law.

I think everyone is portraying as everyone being lunatics with the capabilities of pulling the trigger on someone. I have numerous friends that all went over to Afghanistan as infantry soldiers. Every single one of them said the hardest thing was working the courage for that first time to pull the trigger when pointing it at a real person.

The people that this law is protecting are not the people that are going to go bat shit insane Rambo style on a precinct of cops throwin' Shurikens all over the place. It is a simple law that will ensure that you are given fair trail if it did unfortunately come down to that, instead of instantly being charged with killing an officer and life in prison.