Quantcast
Kiev, Odessa or St Petersburg? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Kiev, Odessa or St Petersburg?

Default Kiev, Odessa or St Petersburg?

Heading to Istanbul in Dec and we would like to check out an Eastern European city, so far I have Kiev, Odessa, Ukraine or St Petersburg Russia in mind.

Which city will offer:
    -good clubs
    -portray eastern european women as tall, slender and smoking hot the best?
    -offer an abundance of day time activities, sight seeing, historical crap, shopping and eats?
    -I hear they have sauanas, or banyas is what they call them... worth checking out?

thanks in advance!

My Ride
    oooo

IMO stay out of Russia. I have traveled there a few times and it is super corrupt and sketchy, plus it's retardedly expensive to go anywhere nice. You can't buy Rubles anywhere but in Russia because it is not traded outside the country. You can use US or Euro's but everybody knows you're a foreigner and you can expect to get ripped off everywhere.

You're better off going to Poland, Czech or Hungary.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Russia is fine, is you are scared of everything in life, than no point living.

My mom just vent to Kiev and it was nice and safe. I don't think as a canadian you even require a visa, i don't think she got one.

Odessa should be awesome, I have been there as a child, right by the black sea and is a hugely popular place for russians to travel to relax, at least it was, not sure if it still is, but I would assume so. Think my grandma lives there, going there next year.

St. Petersberg is the one place I want to go for sure if I had to go anywhere in Russia. Going in 2014 on a transiberian jeourney and will go to St. Petersburg for sure. Every place is dangerous (look at Calgary NE...), so just be smart and you will be fine

Was in Russia in 2066 when it was arguably much more sketchy and corrupt than it is now and I was fine. Cops might stop you now and then but as a Canadian and if you can say a few words in Russia you'll be fine. St-P is fairly big, there is a good night life and it's the heart Imperial Russia so lot's of historical stuff. My favourite city in Russia. And yes, plenty of beautiful women. I can't say anything about Odessa or Kiev as I've never been there.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

Originally posted by sillysod

You're better off going to Poland, Czech or Hungary.
    Prague is also do-able from Instabul as well, and Czech women are beautiful. I've never ever been to this side of the world before, so not too sure what to expect, been to tons of other places but never in this area.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I found the majority of Croatian women to be hotter than Czech girls.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    oooo

I have traveled there quite a few times and can say it is shitty.

Only place I had a soilder walk up to me, ask to see my passport and then just walk off with it. I was told by another guy I was with (from Australlia) that it happens and I just need to sit tight where I am because he will be back with my passport, but I will have to pay him. $250USD and 3 hours later I had my passport back.

Total bullshit.
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Originally posted by sillysod
    I have traveled there quite a few times and can say it is shitty.

Only place I had a soilder walk up to me, ask to see my passport and then just walk off with it. I was told by another guy I was with (from Australlia) that it happens and I just need to sit tight where I am because he will be back with my passport, but I will have to pay him. $250USD and 3 hours later I had my passport back.

Total bullshit.
    Shit happens, could have been somewhere else and shot instead?

My friend travelled all of Europe while he was on intership for 1 year. From all the countries he has been to while there, Russia he said was his favourite, because unlike most other places, it is very different and "commie" like haha, so it is definatelly a place to check out sometime in your life.

My Ride
    oooo

We do work in russia I can say it's ongoing there. Might as well be doing work in Congo or something. Corruption is very 3rd world.

The "commie" like stuff is kinda neat until you realise people there mean business, then you feel like a white kid walking through the back streets of new orleans alone at night.

I have personally done it a few times, 1st time I was completely oblivious until the end of my trip, next few times I saw what really goes on there and IMO they can keep it.
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)