Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition - Page 55 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45 54 55 56 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1685

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition

My Ride
    Quattro A4 Avant 1.8T 5MT

Agreed, Iggy gets at least a first rounder and a good prospect IF he goes anywhere.
    I think Boston, LA and Pittsburgh are most likely but I could see Montreal making a push for him too - possibly Carolina as well.

I'm just praying we lose 3 more in a row so that the league (and more importantly Feaster, King and Flames ownership) knows without a doubt that we're open for business.
    Originally posted by banned3x
    i wasent trying to fuck my grandma, i was just trying to feel her boobs.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by trieuth

Willing to make a wager? if he gets traded, its going to be ATLEAST a pick+a top prospect. If its anything less, he won't get traded.

The main reason they would trade iggy is for the team to rebuild, and partially for him to win a cup. But you don't trade the face of the franchise, the captain for a bag of pucks.
    They will get a first rounder, and a prospect/roster player. First rounder from a team that will finish first in their conference wont do us a lot of good (our scouting is probably one of the worst in the league). Teams wont give up too much for Iggy just because hes gonna be a pure rental player, especially with his contract expiring at the end of the season.

It would be interesting to see a list of top NHL franchise players that never won a cup and get traded late in their careers just to lift Lord Stanley and how many actually end up getting their name on the cup.

I can think of Ray Bourque off the top of my head... but who else is there?

Considering players like Kovalchuk, Nash and others have already been traded to supposed Stanley Cup contenders you really have to wonder if any of them will ever win a cup.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by JLau

They will get a first rounder, and a prospect/roster player. First rounder from a team that will finish first in their conference wont do us a lot of good (our scouting is probably one of the worst in the league). Teams wont give up too much for Iggy just because hes gonna be a pure rental player, especially with his contract expiring at the end of the season.
    History has proven otherwise in every single trade deadline. What makes you think that this one will be any different? All of a sudden Iginlas scoring (he has had a few 30 goal seasons remember) disappear? GMs are not stupid they understand what iginla has done with no help and they know giving him someone to play with will greatly effect his production. Teams like UFAs at the trade deadline they don't hate them.

If you look at what other teams forums are suggesting as offers you would see that most of us are undervaluing Iginla greatly compared to what fans in Boston, Pittsburg, LA and Montreal think he is worth.

I still have this feeling the big sell off most people are hoping for just isn't going to happen. Having almost every contract have some sort of movement clause really hampers getting things done.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

TSN said Van was in the running for iggy. I would slit my wrists. haha

Originally posted by Dave P
    Especially if they traded for Luongo.

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

Originally posted by sputnik

Especially if they traded for Luongo.
    There would be a riot if that ever happened.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Originally posted by Dave P
    There is no way Iggy would go to Van.

If they trade him, I would love for him to go to Boston and for us to get Malcolm Subban and a pick/roster player for him.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

there are 2 players that I would follow and continue to cheer for, regardless of the team.

Iginla and Gretzky.

If Iggy goes to Van, I am seriously going to cry, and probably slit my wrists if he gets his name on lord stanley under the canucks.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by AaronK

There is no way Iggy would go to Van.

If they trade him, I would love for him to go to Boston and for us to get Malcolm Subban and a pick/roster player for him.
    SubZero is so overrated. Trading for him would set the Flames back.

But I agree, he is going outside the West division. He'll be headed East.

Teams were going to give a ton for Corey perry. With him out of the picture now, the flames control the process. If Boston is interested, you don't think a conference rival in pits or divisional rival in Montreal is going to stand by and let them stack their team? They are either going to try to get iggy before them or overpay elsewhere. It's feasters job to work the phones and work the bidding war between interested teams.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by tobypaddock
    Agreed, Iggy gets at least a first rounder and a good prospect IF he goes anywhere.
    I think Boston, LA and Pittsburgh are most likely but I could see Montreal making a push for him too - possibly Carolina as well.

I'm just praying we lose 3 more in a row so that the league (and more importantly Feaster, King and Flames ownership) knows without a doubt that we're open for business.
    +1

the last thing you want is the flames look like they have a shot only to hit 9th place and completely lose out on the draft year.

its has been a while since we have so many rumors on many teams interested in Iggy.

I sure hope Iggy understands the situation and does not hold back his trade clauses thinking he owes it to the city to stay where in fact I think out of repsect we all want him to go to a cup contender and also help the Flames pull a prospect and picks back.

Not to mention the Flames will have a more difficult division due to re-allignment next season and so rebuilding from bottom up would set us back many years. I think we have a few very solid pieces so lets build on that.

our number 1 line isnt working. Hack I'll put Sven baerichi on line 1 along with who ever we get in return if Iggy does land some where.
    Last edited by SilverRex; 03-20-2013 at 02:13 PM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    NC1

Iggy is going to be a monster on a stacked team. He might be 35 but bro is fit as hell.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    a tank

"now that Corey Perry is off the trade market Jarome Iginla has made his way to the top of the trade list, and according to TSN’s Bob Mckenzie the ball is rolling on an Iginla trade. There are rumors that Iginla has provided the Calgary Flames with a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. There is a lot of speculation surrounding what teams are on the list and whether the list even exists. Some say that the teams on the list include the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Vancouver Canucks, Los Angeles Kings, and Detroit Red Wings, but it still can’t be said with certainty that the list even exists.
    Bob Mckenzie also pointed out that Iginla is in complete control of this process similar to how Rick Nash was in control of his trade from the Columbus Blue Jackets. The Flames are looking to entertain offers from a wide range of teams and drive up the price but it is entirely up to Iginla how wide the search goes.
    Pierre LeBrun said on ESPN.com that it would make most sense for Boston, LA, or Detroit to pick up Iginla but the ultimate deal will depend on whether or not the trade makes sense for the Flames and how comfortable Iginla feels on the team.
    Looking at the standings I think that of the teams LeBrun has mentioned Detroit would be the most likely to make a move at the deadline. They sit in 7th in the Western Conference while L.A. and Boston sit at 4th in there respective conferences. L.A. is on a 3 game winning streak which makes a big move for them at the deadline unlikely but Boston has lost 2 in a row and if they continue to lose they may be taking a closer look at Iginla"
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by max_boost
    Iggy is going to be a monster on a stacked team. He might be 35 but bro is fit as hell.
    something tells me who ever picks him up wont regret it since he IS hungry for the cup. I think the Flames have discouraged him so much with their performance and inconsistency that it had some how held him back on a mental level.

A fresh start with a winning team might turn him hot in the play offs. I say goto Pit, That would be an insane 3 line power house

I dont think LA can win back to back cups anyways, most on that roster isnt as hungry anymore.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

As much as I'd love to see Iggy back in BC, I can't see him going to Vancouver at all. There's just no cap space and even if Luongo gets traded we're still coming up short in the space department.

Iggy to Pittsburgh would be a very awkward 1 or 2 years for me. At least when Modano went to Detroit it was a team I respected.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Originally posted by SilverRex
    There is a lot of speculation surrounding what teams are on the list and whether the list even exists.
    Gotta love the media

There's a list!!! OMG... except we don't know who's exactly on it or if it even exists. Wonder if the source is Eric Francis.

I still think Iggi should be the last player moved... not the first. And if Iggi and/or Kipper is moved I can't wait to see everyone bitch how much more we suck. Young Guns part II.

Least we would expect the team to suck. Rather than signing all these ufas and giving fans hope for nothing.

With Ference's rapport with Jarome Boston is pretty good fit.

http://video.bruins.nhl.com/videocen...sole?id=118296

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 45 54 55 56 65 ... LastLast