MacKinnon here we come!

Originally posted by AaronK
    MacKinnon here we come!
    +1

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by 88CRX
    And boom goes the dynamite.

This teams done. There is no way there isn't a fire sale before the trade deadline.
    This would make sense but I am not holding my breath.. the management of this team has its head too far up its own ass.

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Listened to this game on the radio on the drive up to Edmonton. I realized with about 5 minutes left in the 3rd period, I had barely heard Iginla get mentioned. I think he's given up on this team, but I totally understand that, how can he be excited about a team that plays like they did. Hopefully he gets moved to a team where he can win the cup.

My Ride
    BMW

at this point, is better for them to lose than win........

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Top 3 pick?

Hopefully we dont pick like Edmonton with 5 of the same (type of) player.

The problem is, Fatty Feaster is not really great at drafts and/or building a team...

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Feaster needs to go... Our scouts fuckin suck, and they'll probs pass on MacKinnon anyway and take some skeletor no name fuck

My Ride
    BMW

I actually don't agree to feaster being the problem, all the moves he has made so far has had a good impact on the team. Players just need to step it up and core needs to be changed, they need winning mentality, this team is so used to losing

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Well I can agree with that, they need to get rid of the "leadership" they have right now and get good young talent that wants to win, that dont expect to win.

My Ride
    Horse

Argh... Both my teams (Jets are the other) got absolutely hammered today

My Ride
    Lariat

Come on Drouin or Mackinnon!
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Originally posted by JLau
    I actually don't agree to feaster being the problem, all the moves he has made so far has had a good impact on the team. Players just need to step it up and core needs to be changed, they need winning mentality, this team is so used to losing
    I agree, I think Sutter left a huge mess behind in Calgary. Whether it's Feaster or any GM I think it's a slow process to clean up the team. With a team like Calgary I don't think that they can just turn around in one day. They're so use to losing and I think we need change in order to get a new team morale going. I defintley have more confidence in Feaster as our GM than that sack of shit Sutter. Why the owners kept him in management for as long as they did beyond the fuck of me. What a useless tit.

and one thing this team needs to start doing is utilizing our damn first round picks instead of selling them off like hot cakes.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

First round draft picks doesn't mean much if we don't know how to capitalize on them. Just look at Edmonton, 3 first picks in a row and here they are in the shitter with us. Historically speaking, our picks haven't worked for us. I'm not hockey smart enough to understand why tho, just observing the pattern. Staying with what we have now isn't working, I'd love a rebuild, but I don't have confidence that's the answer either.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lariat

Originally posted by JayDoggExclusiv

I agree, I think Sutter left a huge mess behind in Calgary. Whether it's Feaster or any GM I think it's a slow process to clean up the team. With a team like Calgary I don't think that they can just turn around in one day. They're so use to losing and I think we need change in order to get a new team morale going. I defintley have more confidence in Feaster as our GM than that sack of shit Sutter. Why the owners kept him in management for as long as they did beyond the fuck of me. What a useless tit.

and one thing this team needs to start doing is utilizing our damn first round picks instead of selling them off like hot cakes.
    I agree as well, I think the problem starts with the ownership group and goes from there. Ken King should be next on the block and so on. They just need to do a complete overhaul, management, players etc
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Originally posted by rage2
    First round draft picks doesn't mean much if we don't know how to capitalize on them. Just look at Edmonton, 3 first picks in a row and here they are in the shitter with us. Historically speaking, our picks haven't worked for us. I'm not hockey smart enough to understand why tho, just observing the pattern. Staying with what we have now isn't working, I'd love a rebuild, but I don't have confidence that's the answer either.
    Draft picks aren't supposed to start in the NHL mere months after being drafted. While there are some exceptions (i.e. Crosby/Gretzky) the vast majority should complete their time in juniors before being given a real chance (other than the few games they are allowed to play) in the pros.

While I agree that Calgary's draft record sucks, it has looked a lot better since Feaster took over. It's too soon to tell how the 2012 picks will turn out, at least all of the 2011 picks look a lot more promising than anything we had the last several years.
    Sven Baertschi - Blue chip prospect, but got injured too early in the season. Hopefully regains his confidence in Abbotsford
    Markus Granlund - Playing great in Finnish elite league and had a great World Juniors
    Tyler Wotherspoon - Made Canada's Junior team
    John Gaudreau - Hobey Baker finalist and World Junior all-star
    Laurent Brossoit - Took his team to Memorial Cup and almost made the Cdn Jr roster

Also, Wayne Gretzky was never drafted.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I'll be at tomorrows game, crappy nose bleeds but what ever. At least the Flames seem to be able to win at home, but who knows. There is a dark cloud hanging over this team right now, something big is gonna go down before or at the trade deadline. Too bad it will be whats mostly on the players minds until then. You can tell there is a big shift here in peoples thoughts about the team. There were always these so called "true fan" morons calling anyone who criticizes the team a 'bandwagoner' or some other shit. And now even those types are changing their tune. Even the local broadcasters on Fan960 and Sportsnet who always seemed to grasp at what ever positive they could find have thrown in the towel. If something big does not go down at the trade deadline I think theres going to be some backlash. The reality has finally sunk in I believe and most are ready for it, even though it could mean a few more years of pain and suffering. I'm not talking a complete blow up and rebuild, but I think the "core" of the team needs to be ripped out and slowly built back up.

#freeiggy

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    even though it could mean a few more years of pain and suffering.

#freeiggy
    Define "few". Ownership has shown time and time again they don't want to make the tough decisions. A "few" is optimistic at best. 5 years minimum, likely much much longer.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

Define "few". Ownership has shown time and time again they don't want to make the tough decisions. A "few" is optimistic at best. 5 years minimum, likely much much longer.
    How has ownership shown they do not want to make tough decisions? Not arguing in the slightest I'm just asking as I'm not firmiliar with these tough decisions.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

IMO, ownership has tried to make this team work with what it was, rather than rebuilding it into what it could and should be. Adding a player here and a player there isn't going to take it from the doghouse to a contender. As it turns out, the changes haven't even made it into a playoff team.

Using draft picks to suppliment trade deals for players to obtain players that aren't that great in the first place wasn't the best choice and it hurt this team's future. If you aren't going to have a team that can contend for the cup, you might as well blow it up and start fresh and that is just something that ownership/management hasn't been willing to do.

It's obvious to me that the defense is brutal and while Wideman isn't a bad aquisition in himself, it isn't enough change to make it a good blueline... the team needed at least one more decent d-man, if not two.

Tanguay and Cammi have been putting up some ok numbers, but they are also scored on half that time, so factoring that in, "adding" 11 and 10 points respectively is unacceptable for players of their supposed calibre.

Kipper has been playing like shit, which is a huge reason why the team has tanked this year. For years he's been holding this team on his shoulders and it looks like (for this season anyway) it finally broke him.

It sucks because, as has been said, Calgary's drafting hasn't exactly been stellar. Even still, this team is going nowhere fast and it is time to have a fire sale while assets such as Iggy and Kipper are still worth something.

Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 47 56 57 58 67 ... LastLast