Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition - Page 36 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition

And while Im in here -

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    He's 33, isnt kipper 36? - If we're both talking about macdonald here.
    Haha, pretty sure we're talking about Danny Taylor, who was in net last night.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Danny looked solid... Too bad our offense/defense decided not to show up... Every game we get a different looking team.

My Ride
    is wild

This team is terrible lol, hard to watch as it's shit hockey. Watched the philly/pens game before, now that was a good game.

Reasons why Drumheller area wouldn't make a good race track venue...

Originally posted by Agera_56
    My wife likes to shop but, I'm sorry, Drumheller isn't going to cut it in that regard (sorry guys, but honestly, if she's happy, I'm happy).

My Ride
    K20A2

Wow number 1 draft here we come
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by m10-power
    This team is terrible lol, hard to watch as it's shit hockey. Watched the philly/pens game before, now that was a good game.
    That was a crazy game. Awesome atmosphere too. Not like the funeral home saddledome.

Terrible performance by the Flames, again..sigh. Worst home record in the league. Another season of mediocrity and a 10 or 11 place finish. But hey its ok right?

Jekyll and Hyde.. sigh.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 02-20-2013 at 11:54 PM.

Originally posted by 95EG6P
    Wow number 1 draft here we come
    Sadly, that won't happen as the Flames don't know how to lose properly either.
    ---

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

My hope for this team has reached zero…. We suck.

Far too many players on this team that have virtually no skill in handling the puck or making smart hockey plays. And far too many players that just don’t care to show up every game. Virtually all our best players were complete no-shows last night (again!) invisible on the ice and simply going through the motions that ‘every game doesn’t matter’.

And seriously when was the last time we ever saw the Flames play with the kind of intensity the Pens/Flyers game had last night.

Originally posted by 88CRX
    My hope for this team has reached zero…. We suck.

Far too many players on this team that have virtually no skill in handling the puck or making smart hockey plays. And far too many players that just don’t care to show up every game. Virtually all our best players were complete no-shows last night (again!) invisible on the ice and simply going through the motions that ‘every game doesn’t matter’.

And seriously when was the last time we ever saw the Flames play with the kind of intensity the Pens/Flyers game had last night.
    My hope reached 0 2-3 seasons ago. Maybe its because I watch a lot of hockey besides the Flames. I don't even watch a full Flames game now haha....I just cringe. There are too many blindly faithful Flames fans to call it like it is.

Feaster needs to go. Brings in more and more mediocre to crap players. Volume is not better than quality. To be "intellectually honest", besides his draft picks and getting Cammi (debatable) I can't say hes done anything impressive at all.

Iginla to Pens for one of their D prospects + draft pick.

Trade Bouw.....he has had a good season so far and is should be trade bait.

Trade Cammi, Tangs, throw the season.......draft Nate Mackinnon. Start playing your young guys next year.

Seriously....whats the worst that could happen? We miss the playoffs? Oh wait...At least we can rack up on some talent the next couple seasons if we draft properly.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Lazy players with no heart = losing for 3 seasons.

Gut the so called "leadership" in the dressing room.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Pushbroom

What the hell has Iginla even done this season?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    What the hell has Iginla even done this season?
    Losing the puck, and creating offsides plays.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by dj_honda
    Iginla to Pens for one of their D prospects + draft pick.
    Iginla to Winnipeg for Paul Postma + draft pick.

Now that we are on trade talks, I've been saying the same thing for many seasons. Time to gut the team!

Hudler and Cervenka I think we're great signings to be honest and I think we should keep them. Cammi was a brutal trade, he is not worth the salary.

List of people to trade:
    Cammi - not much a return, maybe a young guy with potential(and not Irving type potential vengie)
    Iginla - hopefully get a decent prospect
    Tangauy - he is playing well and could net something okay back
    Bouw - should get a good return
    Kipper - will get a good return still
    Comeau- package with anyone else
    Glencross - really never liked him but isn't worth much
    Stajan - hate stajan, package him with iggy or kipper
    Sarich - terrible terrible terrible. Get anything possible for him.
    Giordano - don't want to see him go
    Wideman - don't want to see him go

Realistically our current retard GM won't do anything. So fire him and bring in Brian burke(please). Burke will trade a ton of players and get us high rounds in upcoming drafts.

Time for a massive shake up calgary! Give the city something to care about again!

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I'm not sure the exact answer on how we go about rebuilding but I do know the reason we've sucked for the past 5 or 6 seasons is the simple fact that we can't draft and develop NHL ready players that have any sort of skill or impact on the game.

Lets look at the notable draft picks in the last decade (from 1999 to 2009):

- Oleg Saprykin (not in NHL)
    - Craig Anderson (nailed this one haha, goalies are weird though)
    - Brent Karhn (L-O-L)
    - Kurtis Foster (#5/6 dman on a couple teams)
    - Tavis Moen (grinder, no skill)
    - Chuck Kobasew (3rd liner, no skill)
    - David Moss (grinder, little finish, 3rd liner)
    - Eric Nystrom (grinder, no skill, 3rd liner)
    - Mathew Lombardi (never developed into much)
    - Curtis McBackup (not even a serviceable backup)
    - Dion Phaneuf (meh, no explanation needed)
    - Brandon Prust (decent NHLer)
    - Dustin Boyd (playing in the KHL)
    - Adam Pardy (on waivers in the NHL)
    - Mikael Backlund (jury is still out, but he's not a #1 center)
    - Greg Nemisz (grinder, no skill)
    - Lance Bouma (grinder, no skill)
    - TJ Brodie (great #3/4 d-man)
    - Tom Erixon (lol)

So we have a goalie (Anderson) that developed super late into a starter but was tossed aside a couple times, plus goaltending has not been an issue with the Flames. Then we have a have a couple bottom pair d-men (ie: they suck and come around on waivers/FA all the time), a whole whack of 3rd line grinders, Dion Phaneuf and not much else. This list doesn't note the players we drafted (some first rounders) that didn't even get a sniff at the NHL. I hold judgment on anything after 99' as there's still a little hope for a couple of those prospects.

This is why we suck.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

We can't trade the entire team LOL.... one we need to hit the cap floor and two you can't just full on tank and ice an AHL team.

If we were to rebuild (which I'm still not sure we will) more realistically we trade only a couple guys like dj_honda posted. Maybe we move 2 of Iggi (I still dont think trading him is the answer), Glencross, Cammie, Tanguay, Bouwmeester and you might be able to move a veteran d-man (Smith, Sarich or Babchuk) at the deadline if you're lucky. Comeau or Stajan (or anyone on the 3rd/4th line) are only being moved as a thrown in, every team has a dozen filler players just like those two clowns so they're not going anywhere.

But at the end of the day trading for picks (and prospects) doesn't guarantee shit all. If we still can't draft and develop NHL players that can do more than just grind it up the boards then we're still going to suck in 10 more years.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

They def need to shake it up. Iggy has looked awful shooting the puck this year, but his passes are ok. We need a good draft pick and hopefully have a shot at MacKinnon.

88crx I was just listing the players who I think should be traded not saying all of them.

We for sure need a new 1st line. Every one of those players are brutal compared to any other first liner in the league. We need to trade some defensive assets as they are probably of most value. Kipper is deteriorating fast and we should get what we can while we can.

So IMHO iggy, tangauy, cammi, kipper and bouw could all go for young prospects or drafts unless we can get a real leader on the team like iggy was 3-4 seasons ago.

And bring Burke to calgary.

Originally posted by Type_S1
    Vengie - can admit you are wrong now? Can you admit that I called this situation much better than you did? After all the shit talking ATLEAST man up! I would do the same if Irving turned out to be a stud.
    How am I wrong?! I am still confused about this! I said he has potential, still believe it to! do you not know the definition of potential?

po·ten·tial
    /pəˈtenCHəl/
    Adjective
    Having or showing the capacity to develop into something in the future.
    Key word being DEVELOP. So no I was not wrong, but I was hopeful. He was given a shot, and blew it! Back to the minors to DEVELOP some more.

These last couple games have been pathetic to watch... Team definitely needs a shake up, I'm tired of this sporadic play.

Originally posted by vengie
    Key word being DEVELOP. So no I was not wrong, but I was hopeful. He was given a shot, and blew it! Back to the minors to DEVELOP some more.
    I think the keyword you overlooked from the definition you posted is "capacity". Based on the way you look at it, all beyonders have the potential to be NHL starting goaltenders... just need to go develop it!
    ---

Page 36 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26 35 36 37 46 ... LastLast