NC1

I have a 3 way bet with some buddies lol just for $20 each lol

Boston. Pittsburgh. LA.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Civic CX, Mazda Protege

If Iggy gets traded, Flames better get some massive return.

"Marian Hossa, considered the top catch before Tuesday's NHL trade deadline, is the newest member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pittsburgh also receives forward Pascal Dupuis from the Atlanta Thrashers for forwards Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, prospect Angelo Esposito and a first-round draft pick."

"Ilya Kovalchuk is a New Jersey Devil.

The Atlanta Thrashers dealt their captain, an impending free agent, to the Devils on Thursday night for a package that includes defenseman Johnny Oduya, rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft."

Two big deals from the past, If I were Jay Feaster, I'd expect the same return.

Originally posted by rumeo
    If Iggy gets traded, Flames better get some massive return.

"Marian Hossa, considered the top catch before Tuesday's NHL trade deadline, is the newest member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Pittsburgh also receives forward Pascal Dupuis from the Atlanta Thrashers for forwards Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, prospect Angelo Esposito and a first-round draft pick."

"Ilya Kovalchuk is a New Jersey Devil.

The Atlanta Thrashers dealt their captain, an impending free agent, to the Devils on Thursday night for a package that includes defenseman Johnny Oduya, rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft."

Two big deals from the past, If I were Jay Feaster, I'd expect the same return.
    Being a Jets fan... I wouldn't call those decent returns. Atlanta got rid of their two top players and left the Jets in an instant rebuilding phase the moment the team moved.

When Atlanta lost Hossa and Dupuis for a couple 4th liners and prospects that never made the pros.

- Colby Armstrong (3rd line winger at best)
    - Erik Christensen (after bouncing between the NHL/AHL he is now with the KHL)
    - Angelo Esposito (Never made an NHL roster)
    - Daultan Leveille (First Rounder in 2008 never played an NHL game)

Then when Kovalchuk was traded it wasn't that great either.

- Johnny Oduya (most passes go to the opposing team glad we got a couple picks this year for him)
    - Patrice Cormier (career AHLer occasional call up)
    - Niclas Bergfors (mediocre NHLer now with the KHL)
    - First Rounder (used a part of a trade to acquire Byfuglien)

I think Calgary will be lucky to get some big names for Iginla.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by sputnik

Being a Jets fan... I wouldn't call those decent returns. Atlanta got rid of their two top players and left the Jets in an instant rebuilding phase the moment the team moved.

When Atlanta lost Hossa and Dupuis for a couple 4th liners and prospects that never made the pros.

- Colby Armstrong (3rd line winger at best)
    - Erik Christensen (after bouncing between the NHL/AHL he is now with the KHL)
    - Angelo Esposito (Never made an NHL roster)
    - Daultan Leveille (First Rounder in 2008 never played an NHL game)

Then when Kovalchuk was traded it wasn't that great either.

- Johnny Oduya (most passes go to the opposing team glad we got a couple picks this year for him)
    - Patrice Cormier (career AHLer occasional call up)
    - Niclas Bergfors (mediocre NHLer now with the KHL)
    - First Rounder (used a part of a trade to acquire Byfuglien)

I think Calgary will be lucky to get some big names for Iginla.
    You are looking at it retrospectively. At the time, those returns are pretty good (good prospects and high picks). That's the problem with trading a star for picks and prospects, no one knows how those prospects will turn out.

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    You are looking at it retrospectively. At the time, those returns are pretty good (good prospects and high picks). That's the problem with trading a star for picks and prospects, no one knows how those prospects will turn out.
    True enough.

However the thinking that Iginla will net a decent return based is pretty naive. There is no way to compare Iggy with Hossa/Kovalchuk in terms of trade value.

Hossa and Kovalchuk were both in their 20s when they were traded and were putting up huge numbers at the time (more than a point/game). It would be almost the same as Pittsburgh dealing away Malkin and Kunitz right now.

Iggy is in his late 30s and is definitely slowing down.

Getting tired of this Iginla talk. Can't wait for the trade deadline to pass so we can hear Feaster on the Fan saying one of these lines:

"We tried to land a few deals but nothing materialized."

"We believe in this core and sticking with them should show them our commitment to the team and to winning."

"We don't believe in the player loaning program, the returns you get aren't worth it."

Originally posted by mr2mike
    "We believe in this core and sticking with them should show them our commitment to the team and to winning."
    My money's on this one.

My Ride
    a tank

if Iggy do leave, I want draft picks as many as the other team is willing to throw at us.

let the most picks win
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Originally posted by Mibz
    My money's on this one.

Unless there is a team that REALLY wants Iggy, I am sure that Feaster is well aware that he won't get much more than a bag of magic beans in exchange.

If it works out and lands a Brett Hull, then Feaster will look like a genius. If not, he will be getting the resume ready. However I feel that there is just too much built up emotional equity in Iginla to take the risk.

Now they just have to figure out a way to sign him in the off-season which may result in them really getting nothing in return.

Calgary should be trading Iginla, JBo and maybe even Kipper.

Iginla is the most valuable trade target right now.....no guarantee that the Flames will be in this situation again looking ahead and Feaster should take advantage of it.

JBo is valuable after years of mediocrity and being overpaid. He would shine in the east IMO.

Goaltending is a concern for a bunch of playoff/potential playoff contenders.

Trade all 3 and you can get a big jump start on a rebuild and instantly reduce the avg age.

Feaster won't do this though, because he doesn't know what hes doing. He will probably try and and sign "the best player outside of the NHL" again who will be our #1 Center.
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    2006 Civic Si

Way to keep up that trade value, Iggy
    Originally posted by King Banana

So confused, how do you get the other menu, is there like a secret chinese handshake, or do you need to bring in a jar of blood from a chinese daughter?
    I need like a how-to - order chinese food for white people.

My Ride
    BMW

top line was -7 combined lmao

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by dj_honda

Iginla is the most valuable trade target right now.....no guarantee that the Flames will be in this situation again looking ahead and Feaster should take advantage of it.

JBo is valuable after years of mediocrity and being overpaid. He would shine in the east IMO.

Trade all 3 and you can get a big jump start on a rebuild and instantly reduce the avg age.

Feaster won't do this though, because he doesn't know what hes doing. He will probably try and and sign "the best player outside of the NHL" again who will be our #1 Center.

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    a tank

well they played like they want to be traded.

Bye Iggy
    Bye J Bo
    Bye Kipper

it was fun

Hello #1 draft pick
    Last edited by SilverRex; 03-22-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Yaaaaa I'll never forget the 04' run when we made it to the finals and won the cup.....oh right

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

And boom goes the dynamite.

This teams done. There is no way there isn't a fire sale before the trade deadline.

Originally posted by 88CRX
    And boom goes the dynamite.

This teams done. There is no way there isn't a fire sale before the trade deadline.
    I hate to say this but....... as much as I love the Flames this is the best thing that can possibly happen to this team.

My Ride
    NC1

Yep. It's ova!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Originally posted by dj_honda

Sad but true. As a Flames fan I think Iggy is great, but I want to see him atleast have one more shot at the cup. He has won basically everything else there is to win in Hockey. I saw him the other day at Edo in Signal Hill, and I was going to say something to him, but I figured that he gets that shit all the time. So I said nothing. He is a great ambassador for the sport/city/country. I will be sad to see him go, assuming Feaster makes a smart decision and gets him out of here while the going is good. I think of when Edmonton got rid of Ryan Smyth (man I'm an idiot for not remembering his name properly LOL), and how they had a big thing at the airport for him. And how broken up about the whole thing he was. I imagine it will be similiar. At the same time, I remain hopeful that the organization would be willing to sign Iggy for a one year contract in the future if he did want to come back to retire as a Flame.

My friend on facebook is like "fuck the flames". I simply say, they are in need of a rebuild. I said it last freaking year in a letter to the editor to the herald. We need a rebuild from the water boys to the president. I look forward to these inbetween years when the Flames do start rebuilding. Edmonton might be sucking, but atleast they get to watch some interesting hockey with quite a few young but high potential players.

The lead up to April 3rd is going to be very interesting. Maybe I should lift my boycott of going to see a Flames game this year, so I can see Iggy in a Flames jersey one last time.
    Last edited by dino_martini; 03-22-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride
    a tank

Originally posted by ICEBERG

I hate to say this but....... as much as I love the Flames this is the best thing that can possibly happen to this team.
    yup something tells me the Flame is also throwing in the towel with this type of performance to force management to do something about it
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 46 55 56 57 66 ... LastLast