Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2012-2013 Edition

Originally posted by tobypaddock

a game plan? they spent to the salary cap and still somehow managed to be the worst team in the league and got themselves their first of 3 consecutive #1 overall picks - if failing miserably is a game plan then they are master tacticians.

And "a team with few existing holes"? they have no defence, Shultz may help them out, but he has yet to play a single shift of professional hockey, let alone NHL - there are bound to be some growing pains there.

Edmonton is a complete joke and I'm tired of everyone saying that Calgary needs to follow Edmontons model - they fluked into the position they are in and it has still not accomplished a single thing, people need to stop acting like they've already won a cup over the next few years. they are still a terrible team with a few good pieces. and I believe most of those pieces will bolt from Edm the second they have the opportunity to.
    Absolutely agree with this.
    Justin Schultz isn't known for his defensive game, the glaring hole still exist.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

haha wonder how Tim Erixon feels, didn't want to play for Calgary, New York didn't have a spot for him so now he ends up in Columbus lol.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I am so happy that little shit can rot in last place in the NHL.

The only thing sweeter then this would be if Colombus proceeds to be moved to Saskatoon.

Fucking hate that little shit. Karma haha

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

This is the greatest trade in Flames history.

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

I hope Ryan Murray outplays the $h1t out of Erixon in training camp and pushes him farther down the depth chart.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Leland re-signed.

CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today they have signed goaltender Leland Irving.

“Leland made some great strides last season in attempting to establish himself as being ready to carry the load as the back-up goaltender in Calgary,” said Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. “At the same time, in order for us to have the success we want as a team, it will be necessary for our back-up goalie not merely to start 20-plus games but also to win more than half those starts. We are pleased to have Leland under contract for the upcoming season and look forward to what should be a hard-fought and spirited battle in training camp between Leland and Henrik Karlsson.”

Irving, a native of Swan Hills, Alberta, played seven NHL games last season and registered his first career win on December 23rd in a 3-1 win in Vancouver. He had a .912% save percentage and a 3.20 goals against average with a 1-3-3 record. Six of his seven starts were in the second game of back-to-back games.

Contract Terms: One-year, two-way contract with an AAV of $687,500 / $207,500.

My Ride
    TDi

Taken from CP:

Pat Steinberg ţ@Fan960Steinberg #Flames prospect forward Michael Ferland charged with 1 count of aggravated assault and 1 count of assault stemming from initial incident.

Pat Steinberg ţ@Fan960Steinberg #Flames issue a statement. To paraphrase: learning more about situation, Michael maintains innocence, team will support him through process.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/327...vated-assault/

Quote:
    Cochrane RCMP have charged a Calgary Flames prospect with aggravated assault after a man was rushed to hospital last month.

The incident took place around 1:10 a.m. July 29 outside a bar in Cochrane. When RCMP arrived, they found a victim suffering from a fractured orbital bone.

Michael Ferland, 20, of Brandon, Manitoba, faces one count of aggravated assault and one count of assault. He will appear in court in September.

update:
    Eric Francis ţ@EricFrancis Police say Ferland struck male in the face as the victim attended to a person pushed to the ground. Victim suffered broken orbital bone.

Eric Francis ţ@EricFrancis Ferland left the scene and was later arrested. Source says he was w family members at the time and they had been asked to leave the bar

GO FLAMES GO!

My Ride
    R50

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=402732

REPORT: RED WINGS TALKING TO FLAMES ABOUT BOUWMEESTER

The Detroit Red Wings are in talks with the Calgary Flames about a potential trade for defenceman Jay Bouwmeester, a team source confirmed to Michigan-based news website MLive.com.

According to MLive.com's Brendan Savage, the Red Wings - who lost the services of Brad Stuart and now-retired blueliner Nicklas Lidstrom - are looking at the trade route because no top defencemen remain available through free agency.

Bouwmeester, 28, has been rumoured to be on the block after the Flames signed Dennis Wideman to a five-year, $26.25 million deal earlier this summer. Bouwmeester's salary hit will be his $6.68 million for each of the next two seasons.

Bouwmeester was Florida's first-round pick in the 2002 NHL Draft and played six seasons with the Panthers before being traded to Calgary three summers ago.

In 717 career games with the Flames and Panthers, he has 65 goals and 285 points.
    I'm all for a trade with our 3rd biggest asset, but can't imagine what our Goals Against will be like without JBO taking the big minutes.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by cdnsir

I'm all for a trade with our 3rd biggest asset, but can't imagine what our Goals Against will be like without JBO taking the big minutes.
    I'm all for trading J.Bo too I just hope we get something valuable in return.

Also if we're going to lose I'd rather lose scoring goals than stopping pucks.

Dumping JBo's salary cap hit would almost be enough in return.

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

Suprised no mention of Philly being interested. You'd think with Mezaros out for a long time they'd be poking around too.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

Originally posted by sputnik
    Dumping JBo's salary cap hit would almost be enough in return.
    What are you going to do with his cap hit?

I'm in the boat of you can't just trade him for the sake of trading him. If we dont get the right assets back then I'd rather hang on to him to see what you can get. As of now Feaster is dealing from more of a strength side. The flames don't have to trade him to get rid of him. That's in my opinion though.

^ I agree. With the cap increase and no one really left to sign requiring that kind of money we have no need to dump cap space. Unless we get a really good package back I would rather hang on to him.

For once we do have the upper advantage. Detroits blue line has taken a massive hit and they are desperate for a good D-man and we don't have any big reason to have to trade him.
    Originally posted by R!zz0
    Did Calgary have a riot in 2004?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Just boobs. That's how we party.

My Ride
    Nissans and a Subaru

I can see Coliaccovo (sp?) being signed if bouwmeester gets traded. I'm curious as to why he hasn't been signed yet. maybe his camp is looking for too much money (wideman)?

My Ride
    2013 FR-S

Colaiacovo is injury prone, do not want.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I had never seen this highlight before. John Gaudreau is one of those 'Mighty Mouse' types. 5'6" and 150lbs but damn, hope he makes the roster in the future with hands like this.

My Ride
    Edge

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|CGY|home

CALGARY, AB -- Former Flame and NHL veteran Steve Bégin will attend the Calgary Flames training camp on a professional tryout contract. The Trois-Rivieres, QC product missed the entire 2011-12 season due to hip surgery but has fully recovered and is ready to get back into the game. "Everybody thought I was done," he said. "But I love the game so much that I wanted to make a comeback. "I'm doing everything to get to back in shape - I'm in great shape right now - and I'll do everything I can to make this team." Looking back at the past year, Bégin feels the time off he had was a blessing in disguise. "Sometimes, when you take a step back, you have the time to think about the last few years of playing - what I did wrong, what I did well, what I should have worked on. I think it was the perfect thing to work on." When new Flames head coach Bob Hartley was notified the forward had fully recovered from surgery, he felt Bégin would be the perfect addition to the squad's training camp roster. "He asked around (about my hip) and he talked to me so that's how we got everything done," Bégin said of the process behind the contract. "I'm so happy I have this opportunity with this team." Hartley demands a lot from his players when it comes to work ethic and physical fitness and Bégin believes his style of play will mesh seamlessly with his. "I'm the kind of guy that leaves it all on ice," he said. "I also play with grit, which is something I know Bob likes. I think I'll be a perfect fit." Bégin played 123 games in Flames silks after being drafted by the organization in the second round (40th overall) in the 1996 NHL Draft. He scored 11 goals and 18 points in that span while wracking up 192 penalty minutes. He still has fond memories of his time in Calgary early on in his NHL career and this opportunity feels like a homecoming for the forward. "I'm coming back to where it all started. It makes it more exciting for me. I can't wait to go back. I still have a few friends back in Calgary and I know the city so it's going to be great. It makes the opportunity even better."

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Meh, if he turns it on for training camp then we're up a center and there's no loss if he doesn't. Just as long as he doesn't play like a hero in camp and then sit back during the season.

If you look at our reputation I would not question it.We like deciding upon cleaned up gamers and shelling out them like they are still top range people.

Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast