Had some pieces on the car that were black but I wanted to color match to the car (white).

Did this all outdoors on the bare ground, pretty much gravel.
I didn't have time to waste building some temporary spray booth or even set up a wind blocker...

Steps I took in a nutshell:
-sand the factory finish on the fiberglass part
-lay down a self etching primer
-sand the primer (spray can)
-lay down another coat of primer (spray can)
-lay down the base coat (white) (spray can) custom mixed by advanced autobody
-light sanding of the base coat with 800 grit just to remove the dust in the paint
-mix the 4:1 clear and activator - sprayed using the Preval screw on spray system, google it if you don't know what I mean
-Clear was sprayed with 1-2 light passes, then a heavier pass, then a heavy pass (way way way too heavy as it turns out)

Ended up with some real nicely massive runs, they looked like a mudslide of clear coat falling down the panel.

-waited 24 hours and wet sanded the clear with a block and 800 grit
-went over it all with 1000
-polished with a regular household drill and a 3m buffing pad attachment made for headlights
-profit

When I was spraying the clear I found out very quickly how sticky clear coat is and every pass that I made I got some really nasty shit falling into the paint, I just went hail mary and laid it down as heavy as possible in the hopes that I can work my magic in 'post production'

This might sound like just a thread to brag about x y or z, but my goal in posting this is to just show people that are scared to do their own body work that sometimes a little knowledge and time/effort can make up for fancy equipment and experience.

I learned quite a bit along the way, there is a long list of things I would have done differently had I started over but at this point I'm exhausted and I'm glad it's over.

The picture shows just how bad the paint was prior to my intervention in case anyone thought I was exaggerating as to how bad it was.