Quantcast
FML - purchased a bad vehicle, need HELP! - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: FML - purchased a bad vehicle, need HELP!

My Ride
    **SEQUOIA**

bad situation, and I hope you can get everything resolved. Just curious from one corolla owner to another what you paid for it?

Shitty deal man, you should of taken some one with you that knew something about cars... and in this case SALVAGE cars, i have owned 2 repaired status cars and to tell you the truth I still own 1 of them and I have had 0 problems with them..

My dad once sold a car to a guy and told him its been in a crash and been fixed even showed him pics or the damage before and after the guy didnt care, about 20 days go by the guy calls back and tells us he wants to return the car because the car has "repair status on it" and that the engine went on it because of the crash.... but the car was hit from the back not the front

Also your DEALER might be humping you and hoping youll give in and come to your knees and get it fixed there.

Your lucky that the dealer even took it in, on my "repaired BMW" that was stolen wasnt even in a crash, I replaced every thing that was missing from it when I came to start it it woulnt start cuz of the new keys.

Came to take it to the dealer and they refused to even see the car, my dad asked them what kinda crap is this and they told him they wont touch the car cuz it has a SALVAGE/REPAIRED tittle on it... out side shop and $500 later and the car is back to life, have had it for almost 3 years now and im loving every thing about it, not even a check engine light from the day I got the car. "yes the check engine light does work "

"maybe the dealer treated me this way cuz its BMW?" not sure

good luck

Originally posted by canadian_hustla
    bad situation, and I hope you can get everything resolved. Just curious from one corolla owner to another what you paid for it?
    I wonder if it's the same rebuilt title 2009 Corolla XRS I saw on kijiji for $9K when most are going for ~14K. No matter the savings, if the car sustained enough damage to get written off, it's off my list of used cars to buy.

Good luck to the OP in getting the issue resolved.

My Ride
    98 civic si

ok so this is what happened thus far... I contacted Transportation of Alberta sent them the pictures and is indeed that he was not allowed to sell me the vehicle because it was indeed unsafe for the road. He told me that the "sold as is" term doesn't matter when it involves a transaction such as this because I was sold a vehicle that I believed was road safe. They sent someone to investigate the car, pulled car proof, insurance reports. They say that there are discrepancies with what the inspection facility says and the current condition of the car meaning the damages could of been done after the fix. So I brought all this to the individual who sold me it and they have agreed to fix it if I don't pursue the civil pursuit which could take months or even a year. I don't want to deal with all the headache so if they are indeed going to pay the mech before work is done for the full service I am fine with that...

make sure they dont bring it to a mechanic of there own! make sure you can take it somewhere you know thats not going to rip you off or do haf ass job and be in the same boat again

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by chnk
    ok so this is what happened thus far... I contacted Transportation of Alberta sent them the pictures and is indeed that he was not allowed to sell me the vehicle because it was indeed unsafe for the road. He told me that the "sold as is" term doesn't matter when it involves a transaction such as this because I was sold a vehicle that I believed was road safe. They sent someone to investigate the car, pulled car proof, insurance reports. They say that there are discrepancies with what the inspection facility says and the current condition of the car meaning the damages could of been done after the fix. So I brought all this to the individual who sold me it and they have agreed to fix it if I don't pursue the civil pursuit which could take months or even a year. I don't want to deal with all the headache so if they are indeed going to pay the mech before work is done for the full service I am fine with that...
    Not the result I was expecting to see, very nice!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3