Quantcast
Beyond.ca Driven 2012 Input thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond.ca Driven 2012 Input thread

Default Beyond.ca Driven 2012 Input thread

Hi folks.
    re: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/348678/be...c-oval-june-9/

Been 2 years since our last Driven event in Calgary. Would love to get input from folks on what they would like to see/not see this year.
    Last edited by Mark Seto; 02-03-2012 at 01:26 AM.

1. the rap battles were awesome whenever you had them
    2. breakdance competition was pretty decent but get all the noobs out of it
    3. bikini contest is a must; seeing some more known import models would be decent as well
    4. cars have been decent from most of the shows I have been to...but would not like to see ANY and I mean ANY RHD pieces of shit unless they are completely ridiculous builds. Some of the lames ass RX7's and skylines I saw did not deserve floor space.
    5. An RC car track for races or different contests like jumps or whatever would be sweet. People would probably pay to enter into these if you charged.
    6. If companies are setting up stands there make them give out some decent promotional shit or dont let them have a stand.

Could name a lot more but I'm tired and not thinking...

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

The ill motion show and shine last summer had some awesome cars, there weren't to many bad builds there, I know it's tough to control the caliber of cars but I think some sort of minimum requirement should be arranged.

If you could keep it dark in the venue with some crazy lighting, the HIN style look really works and makes the show look all the more impressive.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by Type_S1
    4. cars have been decent from most of the shows I have been to...but would not like to see ANY and I mean ANY RHD pieces of shit unless they are completely ridiculous builds. Some of the lames ass RX7's and skylines I saw did not deserve floor space.
    This x1000

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    If you could keep it dark in the venue with some crazy lighting, the HIN style look really works and makes the show look all the more impressive.
    Can the oval even be made dark during the day time?

My Ride
    UCF11

i agree with some sort of standard for the cars, no one likes going to a show and seeing shit or boring cars. i think RHD is fine as long as its a clean car that deserves to be there, not all the RHD cars around here are junk, believe it or not. junk is junk wether its RHD or not.

also i hate going to shows and seeing bone stock cars that just rolled off the lot.

bikini contest would be good.

maybe a band instead of rap battles

I think driven is a pretty good show as it is, break dancing competition is pretty entertaining. Bikini competition would be pretty good to see, but to be honest with some of the "talent" I see modelling at the show I don't know if I would want to see what beasts would get up on stage haha.

Originally posted by Type_S1

I actually don't mind this, I personally enjoy having a few laughs at people with a twisted sense of what's cool. The last time I was there I saw some probe with what looked to be a glued on wing (or he slapped on a ton of sealant) and just a complete hack job on the rest of the car, had me smiling for quite a while.

If I were to limit a particular car it would have to be the number of black gts-t skylines in average condition. I see those every damn day!

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

Please, PLEASE have standards, and judges that actually know what goes into building cars.

The last event I put any of my cars into was SCN way back when we still had it.
    I was pretty turned off there, and haven't been to a show since. Mainly because it was retarded seeing these 15+ year old civics with screwed in body kids (a couple had rust, er "Speed holes"), bald tires & mis-matched paint
    Mechanically some of them were pretty much stock with simple over the (generic) parts counter "mods".

Its just like..... wow really? I know in the manner of making money, AND having a good turnout its generally unwise to turn down people that are willing to pay to be a part of the show; but there absolutely has to be standards. Some of the cars wouldn't even make you look twice in any instance; but here in a show (that people pay to attend) is really out of touch.

The other thing is that if events are to be handed out; the judges should really have a good understanding for what goes into builds and so forth.

I remember seeing a couple cars that had incredible amounts of work done, and LOTS of time spent on them only to lose to a car (as 1 example) with rims & stereo.... that was it.

A Bikini contest is a good bet, same with a rap battle. A "Drift" R/C track would be really cool, with a time slot available between races for new people to get to try some of the demo cars. That would be a way of getting 'into' the sport (a little) at no cost to the general public.
    I know that would be a bit hard to work out; as who would supply the demo cars but its just an idea, and I think that would quickly become a a crowd favorite. If you did have a track; even if you didn't have public demo's, it would be really cool in a dark arena if the cars had glow in the dark paint schemes with all the necessary black lighting.

Originally posted by schocker
    Can the oval even be made dark during the day time?
    As dark as you want.
    Last edited by Graham_A_M; 02-03-2012 at 09:26 PM.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

My Ride
    EF8

I would like a spot in the show please .

My Ride
    CNG Injected

Originally posted by OriginalGoods
    I would like a spot in the show please .
    you can bring your engine

My Ride
    EF8

The motor that made more whp then yours ? Its not the same block haha. So we will see what kind of numbers this spring. My matte black ef8 is my best build to this date.
    Last edited by OriginalGoods; 02-03-2012 at 10:00 PM.

My Ride
    BOOSTANG,CADDY,Z32

I refuse to pay any money to attend an event with B series swapped hondas that are gutted with flat black paint jobs and dont even make 150 hp. If i wanted to see that i would go to the lawn and garden show.

BOOSTIN
    I Love me some turbo action

My Ride
    Has Vtech

^^^ lool

My Ride
    CNG Injected

The motor that made more whp then yours ? Its not the same block haha. So we will see what kind of numbers this spring. My matte black ef8 is my best build to this date.
    Mines stock.... + 7whp is quite alot don't you think

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by blackpeople
    I refuse to pay any money to attend an event with B series swapped hondas that are gutted with flat black paint jobs and dont even make 150 hp. If i wanted to see that i would go to the lawn and garden show.

x2 A good mix of different cars would be key for me..if it's all imports - not interested

Last edited by Cos; 12-31-2016 at 06:07 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

hrmm if this is really happening then i'll have something up my sleeve as far as sharpie goes. i had a bunch of fun doing a sharpie r6, the next time around i'm doing 4 wheels.

My Ride
    EF8

Originally posted by streethondas

Mines stock.... + 7whp is quite alot don't you think
    Compared to your factory rating and my factory rating . Its wicked ! Don't hate man .

My Ride
    CNG Injected

Compared to your factory rating and my factory rating . Its wicked ! Don't hate man .
    Lol sure dude I love hating

My Ride
    EF8

Just wait , once I get my 13sec N/A B-series swapped slip from Castrol you can hate some more.

My Ride
    CNG Injected

i dont live my life a quarter mile a time.....loool all in all i like my car/clutch and i know you have gone through alot of them...back on top ek is going to driven

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast