Quantcast
Synthetic Grass - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Synthetic Grass

My Ride
    BMW

Default Synthetic Grass

Has anyone had any experience with synthetic grass for your yard? I am thinking about getting mine done with them, but i wanna hear some feedbacks on them, as well as how much more it will cost from regular grass? Thanks!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

While I don't have it, a few in my neighbourhood do and it looks great! I think it's deadly.

It's not inexpensive though. The cheapest guy I am aware of (Saskatoon market mind you) supplies and installs for $8/s.f. I would assume the initial "prep" is in addition to that.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    BMW

thats very cheap....how long is their grass? the ones i have been looking at looks expensive, because they service for golf courses etc.

My Ride
    BMW

i just called http://www.evergreenturf.ca/ they said it is about $10/sqft, which is not too too bad

Not sure on price, make sure it looks like real grass though.

Seen a few yards where they had a very bright green fake grass. looks stupid in summer, and even worse when everyone else's grass dies and there is one bright green lawn

My Ride
    2000 BMW 540i/6-spd & 2008 Triumph Street Triple

This is hilarious! I'd have to install a few golf cups in my lawn!
    Seriously though... that's just cheese! Maybe in part of a back yard, but no way would I do the whole yard... especially the front!

My Ride
    03 Mdx, 05 Gli

Originally posted by HomespunLobster
    Not sure on price, make sure it looks like real grass though.

Seen a few yards where they had a very bright green fake grass. looks stupid in summer, and even worse when everyone else's grass dies and there is one bright green lawn
    QFT!! So incredibly true. I'm not a big fan of synthetic to begin with, IMO it looks silly when snow just melted and your grass is green as can be, but for the sake of your neighbours at least be sure it looks the same colour as actual grass.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I think they should make it change colour with temperature. Below 10 C it's brown, 10-25 it's bright green and over 25 a dull green.

My Ride
    911 & Cayenne

I think it looks great, it looks real and nothing like astro turf. but $10/sq adds up quickly. The average cookie cutter back yard is about 1500square feet. that's $15000 + initial costs to level out your yard, so with gst and all prep it's probably closer to 16500-17000.

I don't think it looks silly at all and who cares if you don't match your neighbours. It's all about being maintenance free and resale value which this stuff has a lot of. There may be cheap brands out there but the ones that I've seen look very real.
    We stopped checking for monsters under our beds when we realized they were inside us.

My Ride
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet

My yard is currently being prepped with road crush for it. I think you would be very surprised what it costs if you do it yourself! Check this website out. Starts at about $3 and goes up from there. Best part is they are local. Enjoy

Rymar.ca
    2011 BMW 335is Cabriolet
    2011 Lexus RX 350

That's all I've got to say.....

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Last edited by Cos; 12-20-2016 at 11:44 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

As soon as you lay that crap down, you've officially become the laziest neighbour on the street. Those "lawns" look rediculous all year long.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I like it. I know someone who got the $3 stuff from rymar and installed it himself. He said the install was very easy.

I have a patch in my backyard that NEVER gets any sun, and the grass there is pretty sick. I'm considering synthetic for there, but I'd probably go with the high end stuff, as I'm not sure I like the look of the cheap options.

Cost can be anything from $3 to $60 per square foot. There is a big variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    BMW

i think evergreenturf.ca are pretty reliable, the $10/ sqft includes ground grading, labour and material, which is pretty reasonable. My backyard isnt very big, so i dont even think it will cost that much. Might even put in a putting green lol Furthermore, they give you 10 yrs of warranty. No watering, lawn mowing, fertilizing for min 10 yrs, i think is worth it.

My Ride
    WK2

I just finished helping my dad lay down about 150 sq/ feet of this stuff. He went through a company called ezgrass, and I believe it was about $1600.

I wouldn't recommend doing an entire lawn, as it is fairly easy to tell that it's fake - but so far it has worked perfectly for the dog run. No more dead grass from dog piss, no more mud puddles when it rains. If it is a small area, or a 'hard to keep green' area - I would recommend it

Had it done for the backyard by Mirage Putting Greens, I really like the stuff. The grass is from eZ Grass out of Edmonton (google their website, it's pretty cool on the specs of the grass).

This doesn't make me the laziest guy on the block, I think the guy next to me who's cut his lawn once so far this year wins that by a landslide.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by superflychief
    As soon as you lay that crap down, you've officially become the laziest neighbour on the street. Those "lawns" look rediculous all year long.
    You also become the one with the perfect lawn. If I think about it, and the other one has just been cut, I'll take a picture of two side by sides close to me. One that is real and one that is not, we'll see if you can pick correctly.

I'd call it an exercise in efficiency more than laziness. If you're like me, by the time you take 50-60 hrs out of the week for work then you don't have much time left for hobbies, sports and fun. Why the fuck would I not eliminate a few hours of yard work each week. It's no differenct than paying a company to take care of it which, is what I do now.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    BMW Z4 Coupe, XFR

I put fake grass in the backyard almost 3 years ago. I love it. I got mine from Perfectgrass in Airdrie. Cost of just the grass is about $6/sq ft. They have about 30 different kinds. Takes some work but I put it in myself.

http://www.perfectturfgrass.com/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast