Quantcast
Amongst the shittiest and most deceiving Vietnamese Restaurant! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Amongst the shittiest and most deceiving Vietnamese Restaurant!

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Default Amongst the shittiest and most deceiving Vietnamese Restaurant!

Okay, I just got back from that Vietnamese restaurant, Oriental Phoenix out on barlow trail! Okay, that is like the whitest washed asian place I've been to! The food was mediocre and virtually everyone that works there was white!! haah, not that there's anything wrong with that but it was like a scene from an old movie where they got white people to play asian characters! Okay, not that bad, but you get the point. The servings were tiny and the price was more than what you'd expect to pay at any Vietnamese rest.

Anyway, the rest. itself was very nice, very clean (especially the bathrooms) unlike most vietnamese restaurants, but then again, I don't eat in the bathroom...unless I'm really really drunk! haha, and the only Vietnamese rest. that parallels this one for cleanliness is Bagolac. Only difference is bagolac is WAY better food, WAY bigger portions, and WAY hotter staff!! Especially the owner! Yah, and the cook aint bad too, aye del lude? hahahaha

Anyway, just wanted to share my experience there. Food was decent, service was okay (old white lady), layout and appearance of restaurant was excellent (it didn't look like they got the meat from out in the alley)

Food: 6/10
    Portions: 3/10
    Ambiance: 5/10
    Authenticity: 2/10
    Restaurant Presentation: 9/10

I don't know, but maybe a good authentic vietnamese outing has to parallel eating in a crowded, small room with no elbow room and the yelling of "PHO DAC BIET, UH HUH, ANYTHING ELSE?" tied in with....I don't know....oh let's say.....ASIANS!!!! can make me feel like I'm actually eating vietnamese food!! hahaha
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    NC1

LOL

Excellent review
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    VE & S13

you are so RACIST!

they might have good ginger beef and deep fried wonton.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Wow Leo the Resturant Critic...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    240sx

pho anh huyen MMMMMMMMMMMMM . i will have to try bagolac one day but always so busy.

I go there for lunch since I work down the street.. it's not THAT bad.. but i do agree it's not great either.. but it's close and it's viet, so i'll take it.. Lam-boy works there, apparently he served me appetizers but i don't remember what the mofo looks like.

My Ride
    '11 Honda RL '21 RDX '96 Civic Hatch

man I could of told you that Leo...

OP

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

Originally posted by rogue
    pho anh huyen MMMMMMMMMMMMM . i will have to try bagolac one day but always so busy.

Pho anh huyen owns!!
    Bought not built!

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Oriental Phoenix has been white washed ever since they opened by Macleod. Went there a couple years ago, and haven't gone back since. It use to be good when it was in the ghetto(17th Ave SE) back in the day.

i've never gone to Oriental Phoenix ever b/c I've heard the horror stories of how they treat Viet ppl...
    my friend had her after grad a few years ago and they treated her company like crap because they were asians
    (this was the downtown one)

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Oriental Phoenix sucks...the one downtown sucks ass too. $7-$8 for a tiny bowl of Pho...suprising how many caucasians are willing to pay so much for noodles, raw beef, and water.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

yeah cause us white folk love our noodles..LOL

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    1989 MA70, 2006 UZN215

Mekong Noodle House is the best IMO....on 17th ave SE

My Ride

Originally posted by CRXguy
    Oriental Phoenix has been white washed ever since they opened by Macleod. Went there a couple years ago, and haven't gone back since. It use to be good when it was in the ghetto(17th Ave SE) back in the day.

Originally posted by thich
    i've never gone to Oriental Phoenix ever b/c I've heard the horror stories of how they treat Viet ppl...
    my friend had her after grad a few years ago and they treated her company like crap because they were asians
    (this was the downtown one)

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Yah man, it’s like the whities go for the atmosphere or something hahaha, but really, it was totally a nice place. The cleanliness, the décor and things like the seats, tables etc. were really on par with bagolac. It was a hell of a lot bigger too, but yah, the only reason you don’t see many whities at those little Vietnamese restaurants is cause they’re too busy getting fucked over by paying upwards of 10 bux for such a small bowl of pho! And I was actually debating about getting it but then I thought to myself….really, do I want to try that shit? Hahaha. Also, the only time you see a white person in a Vietnamese restaurant is if A. He thought it was the door to the tim Horton’s or B. he’s with a shit load of Asians and some bad shit is about to go down….like base ball bats and machetes are gonna start swinging!! hahaha

But really, some times you wanna impress a girl and take her out, that’s cool cuz if you’re trying to impress her and you take her to a place like Pho Rang Dong in the heart of Forest Lawn…..you may as well take her to Macdonalds! hahahaha
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by kevie88

Pho anh huyen owns!!

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by LUDELVR
    Yah man, it’s like the whities go for the atmosphere or something hahaha, but really, it was totally a nice place. The cleanliness, the décor and things like the seats, tables etc. were really on par with bagolac. It was a hell of a lot bigger too, but yah, the only reason you don’t see many whities at those little Vietnamese restaurants is cause they’re too busy getting fucked over by paying upwards of 10 bux for such a small bowl of pho! And I was actually debating about getting it but then I thought to myself….really, do I want to try that shit? Hahaha. Also, the only time you see a white person in a Vietnamese restaurant is if A. He thought it was the door to the tim Horton’s or B. he’s with a shit load of Asians and some bad shit is about to go down….like base ball bats and machetes are gonna start swinging!! hahaha

But really, some times you wanna impress a girl and take her out, that’s cool cuz if you’re trying to impress her and you take her to a place like Pho Rang Dong in the heart of Forest Lawn…..you may as well take her to Macdonalds! hahahaha
    But Leo....hate to be the one to break it to you......you are not asian either!

But sure make fun at a white guys.....But to this "Italian" guy, "noodles are fucking noodles to me, people call it Pho.... I call it pasta YO!" Nothing new here, shit when I came out of my mom's stomach I thought my ambilical cord was fucking spahetti!
    Last edited by Hollywood; 02-06-2004 at 01:28 AM.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

Did you eat the Pho there? The soup was nasty!
    It was like water and the only thing that gave it taste was the "IMITATION CRAB" that they put in it.
    I didnt know PHO had BBQ pork in it either.

I believe it was 7 bucks for a large, which would be a small at bagolac or Pho Xuan.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Yeah, Bagolac is a buck or 2 more for a bowl of Pho, but at least the place is nice and clean, and have great staff. I've had pho at some pretty shady establishments...Mind you one of them was open all the time and when you're craving Pho at 2:30 in the morning, you look past the cosmetic appeal, haha
    Travel

My Ride

PHO RANG DONG OWNZ

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast