Quantcast
what did you do around the house today? - Page 69 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 69 of 156 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 3120

Thread: what did you do around the house today?

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Finally finished mudding yesterday so today was sanding day.

Fuck me if mudding and sanding isn’t the least rewarding DIY project I’ve ever completed. It already had the first coat of mud (we did a second and third) then sanded and guess what... it still looks unfinished. So unsatisfying and so much time and hard work.

I will never mud or sand again in my life. But glad it’s done.
    I'll do a lot of stuff around the house because I like it. I will not mud and sand. Nope.

Fixed an extremely squeaky door for my 7 month old’s room. Can’t believe I didn’t do this sooner, it’s amazing how quiet and smooth it is now. Hopefully no more unnecessary wake ups when we put her down to bed (she is a very light sleeper sometimes)
    Name:  86CCD977-D0BC-4F2D-8E82-2E4F4AC26601.jpg
Views: 852
Size:  28.2 KB

One can own a home for a long time and still have those "can't believe I didn't do this sooner" moments. We've been in our current home for over 23 years and I had two of these moments this last week - first was moving a large mass of chives to better location in our yard but the second just makes me feel like I was in a big d'oh zone for 10 plus years.

We have a modest sized rear drive double garage but no shed - this means everything yard and vehicle related goes into the garage. My wife's SUV gets parked in there and I still have room for hanging bicycles, a nice sized work bench, lots of shelving and cabinets, a wall mounted built-in vacuum, stand grinder, wood storage, lawn mower, etc.

Problem is that the yard tools (rakes, shovels, spades, hoes, whatever) always were in a jumbled collection in a corner or outside. But yesterday morning I had the a-ha moment - we moved my daughter's early 70's vintage banana seat bicycle into a downstairs room in our hime that we use for storage and moved her other hanging bicycle elsewhere in the garage and voila, 14 feet of accessible wall space became available. I repurposed a long piece of 1x6 oak I had in my garage that was leftover from a cabinet job and now everything is neatly hung up and readily accessible. Cleaned up the garage corners and gave me a bit more floor space at the same time, mind boggling really that I didn't think of moving that idle vintage bicycle downstairs years ago.

Funny thing is when I bought this bicycle from an elderly neighbor some 15 years ago, they had had it stored in their basement and now it's back in basement storage again. When my daughter gets around to having kids, then they'll have a ridiculously old vintage collectible to ride.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 843
Size:  71.5 KB
    Last edited by speedog; 05-26-2020 at 12:52 AM.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Finally got around to cleaning up the garage. After a couple of years and getting the car running (and basically throwing everything around the garage, not giving a...) I decided enough was enough. A lot of the remaining stuff is either garbage for garbage day, stuff to go to eco station, some stuff for sale, and some stuff is work stuff.
    Name:  74e0173c-5ce2-4d77-8427-09d6591d6f95.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  99.0 KB
    Name:  74608d4e-c4e6-4f84-90c8-0d94174f6bd9.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  96.8 KB

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I'll do a lot of stuff around the house because I like it. I will not mud and sand. Nope.
    Yup. Never again.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Finally got around to cleaning up the garage. After a couple of years and getting the car running (and basically throwing everything around the garage, not giving a...) I decided enough was enough. A lot of the remaining stuff is either garbage for garbage day, stuff to go to eco station, some stuff for sale, and some stuff is work stuff.
    Nice work! Crazy how much space junk and other stuff takes up.

I just did it to my own garage. Added a workbench and a heavyduty shelf system I got on sale at CT. Much more usable space.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So a couple years ago I picked up cheap 2001 bumper pull trailer. A couple of weeks ago I refinished the rusting wheels, repainted the bumpers, replaced a couple broken or missing exterior bits and repaired the awning which is aging. Also added a wifi camera so I can see behind me as I tow.

Last week I started in on the interior. Fucking honey/red oak should have been banned in trailer construction a decade prior.

It is a lot of work.

So far I have added a backsplash, repainted the upper cabinets and replaced with new hardware, replaced the awful brass bathroom hardware set with brushed nickel, and repainted the bathroom door with new knob and painted hardware. Still have lower cabinets and new flooring to go. Wife is making new curtains and covers for the upholstery.

It has been days of steady work already. Glad I have lots of time. The best part is a crack in the tub which Mr. Handy the PO decided to "fix" by smearing silicone all over it. I am removing that, applying epoxy and mesh, smoothing with body filler and repainting the entire tub with epoxy paint. Yes, it's only some $350 to replace the tub and surround but I'm fucking unemployed.

Will post before and after pics.

Quote Originally Posted by ShermanEF9 View Post
    Name:  74e0173c-5ce2-4d77-8427-09d6591d6f95.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  99.0 KB
    Name:  74608d4e-c4e6-4f84-90c8-0d94174f6bd9.jpg
Views: 856
Size:  96.8 KB
    Nice car

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Nice car
    user name checks out.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Finally got night time pics of the love tub.

Name:  Screenshot_20200529-092604_Photos.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20200529-092559_Photos.jpg
Views: 635
Size:  29.2 KB
    Cereal Killer.
    @iambrianspilner

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    Yup. Never again.
    I have a guy for that... you might even know him haha, loves his Honda’s

Worth whatever the hell he wants to charge me as most of the stuff I need isn’t worth it for the bigger guys

My Ride
    4x4

Name:  20200529_110525-02.jpeg
Views: 545
Size:  38.7 KB

Trying to figure out what to do with this. This is 2 weeks of use. Installed a brand new lint filter on dryer because I'm tired of cleaning this mess up. No change.

Anyone run across a filter system for this scenario? Was thinking I'd just install a box with a furnace filter to contain the mess a bit better.

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post

Trying to figure out what to do with this. This is 2 weeks of use. Installed a brand new lint filter on dryer because I'm tired of cleaning this mess up. No change.

Anyone run across a filter system for this scenario? Was thinking I'd just install a box with a furnace filter to contain the mess a bit better.
    You need a remote lint trap, I assume the vent is 6" so you might need some reducers to get to 4" or 5"

https://www.amresupply.com/catalog/L...ps-633672-HM8E

My Ride
    Exploded.

Did a giant purge of junk, artwork, etc. Needed to change my style so upgraded my pieces. Also added a gardening corner!

https://imgur.com/a/zLlQNKb

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post

Does the dryer have an outside termination? If not, my advice is to get it vented outside in a fairly short run woth minimal elbows, and all with hard pipe. Tin tape all seams. No screwing it together. Insulate the pipe if going through an unconditioned space. Adding a flint trap isn’t a bad option if space allows. Note that dryers and lint traps are all normally 4” diameter. That flex is junk.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    Nice car
    Thanks! It's been a project and a half for sure. Bought it off a co worker for cheap not running. Now it just needs the front end painted and a few other things completed. Considering my time and what I've paid for parts, instill stand to actually make a decent profit on it, should I decide to sell.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Not as sexxy as building something, but started organizing the family files and shredded a bunch of old crap. Had tax stuff back to 1998 for my wife, and house stuff from the previous house that we moved out of 12 years ago. Nearly overheated my shredder, but got it done.
    Name:  IMG_20200602_145229980_HDR.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  62.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_20200602_155000717_HDR.jpg
Views: 472
Size:  67.0 KB
    About 75 minutes straight of feeding this thing.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Why didn't you just dump it in Killramos' fire pit?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    Why didn't you just dump it in Killramos' fire pit?
    Are you kidding. He's exactly the kind of oppressed person who would steal my identity.

My Ride
    '16 WRX, '23 CX-50

Didn't really want to make a new thread for this....
    I live in a new build area where they're just starting to get ready to do final grading on some of the homes. Lot next door had their garage pad prepped and it rained making a nice little pool. Site super for the builder next door just dropped by and dug a trench from their side over to mine to drain that, into a sinkhole thats developed on my property. Any point in bitching about it to the builder? Builder next door is different than the one that built mine.

Page 69 of 156 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast