Quantcast
what did you do around the house today? - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 156 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you do around the house today?

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You sure you won't rip that deck post off after a couple of swings?
    I was thinking the same thing. That looks like a surface mount for the post and not one that's connected to the joist below.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. That looks like a surface mount for the post and not one that's connected to the joist below.
    Both posts are in the ground, and can hold my fat ass no problem, so I think it's fine. Wife will be mostly using it, she is just north of 100lbs so it will be fine. I'm at 210lbs and was laying in it for like 2 hours yesterday. It feels very solid surprisingly. It was my concern as well but since the force isn't directly outwards and is to the side, the deck posts (both in the ground) both support it through the railing, and the fence...well it supports it just from being attached to others. Haven't noticed any lean in any of them when I am on it. After seeing how they mount some of these things in Brazil, I am pretty confident this will hold.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

My dishwasher stopped working and initially i thought it was something to do with the soap dispenser, however I got someone out to look at it and they told me the sump and motor needed replacing as it wasnt getting any voltage to send the water to the dishwasher - quoted me $600 to repair. I went and bought the part myself for $220 and replaced it following a youtube video. It then still didnt work so ended up replacing the water inlet valve as well. Now my $500 clearance dishwasher works great however the repair guy told me it was actually worth $1300 4 years ago.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Went to Ikea to buy a small lamp. Ended up buying a bed frame that was on sale instead..

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    My dishwasher stopped working and initially i thought it was something to do with the soap dispenser, however I got someone out to look at it and they told me the sump and motor needed replacing as it wasnt getting any voltage to send the water to the dishwasher - quoted me $600 to repair. I went and bought the part myself for $220 and replaced it following a youtube video. It then still didnt work so ended up replacing the water inlet valve as well. Now my $500 clearance dishwasher works great however the repair guy told me it was actually worth $1300 4 years ago.

Dishwashers are actually used to wash dishes? Damn I thought it was for dish and tupperware storage...asian joke
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Replaced the cartridge in a leaky shower water valve - surprisingly easy fix, glad I was able to figure it out.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Dishwashers are actually used to wash dishes? Damn I thought it was for dish and tupperware storage...asian joke
    This is what my mother in law and chinese friends actually use it for - one of them even has two dishwashers in his kitchen so that he never has to wash and dry dishes.

My Ride
    Grimace

Tried to fix some plumbing. Apparently I am as bad at soldering as I am at painting. Will attempt again another day.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Went about 6 rounds with our dishwasher. I won, but not by much.
    It was making a lot of noise, so I removed the racks, spray arms etc, and take out the screws, and remove the screen.
    Nothing in there. I remove the impeller, yeah some wear, and a few bits of plastic, maybe not big enough to cause the noise. Will replace. Remove the bottom pump assy. to expose the sump and chopper.
    Some crud in here too, but nothing that would cause the noise. Go online, find an impeller for $5.00. Perfect.
    I notice the 3 gaskets from the pump housings are really bad. Find many online, anywhere from $2.00 to $18.00 they all have one thing in common. Unavailable.
    So after all that I wind up ordering the whole sump/pump assy. Replacing that wasn't too hard, a considerable amount of force required to get it to pop in, and of course the first time it went in properly the gasket was mis-aligned, so back out again. Also need a new drain hose, as there are several cracks. removing the old one reveals that it's not just 6 feet, there's another several feet inside the dishwasher, so the ones from Home Depot etc. won't do. Back to the appliance place to buy an overpriced hose. All back together and no leaks.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    It was making a lot of noise, so I removed the racks, spray arms etc, and take out the screws, and remove the screen.
    Nothing in there. I remove the impeller, yeah some wear, and a few bits of plastic, maybe not big enough to cause the noise. Will replace. Remove the bottom pump assy. to expose the sump and chopper.
    Some crud in here too, but nothing that would cause the noise. Go online, find an impeller for $5.00. Perfect.
    I notice the 3 gaskets from the pump housings are really bad. Find many online, anywhere from $2.00 to $18.00 they all have one thing in common. Unavailable.
    So after all that I wind up ordering the whole sump/pump assy. Replacing that wasn't too hard, a considerable amount of force required to get it to pop in, and of course the first time it went in properly the gasket was mis-aligned, so back out again. Also need a new drain hose, as there are several cracks. removing the old one reveals that it's not just 6 feet, there's another several feet inside the dishwasher, so the ones from Home Depot etc. won't do. Back to the appliance place to buy an overpriced hose. All back together and no leaks.
    How old is this dishwasher?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

'bout 5 or 6 years old now.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

Our dishwasher's been on the fritz for about a year. The entire tub was replaced last summer under warranty when there was a defect discovered causing a leak. Yeah, on a 12yr old dishwasher, they wouldn't replace the whole thing, they actually sent some dude out ot replace just the internal tub.

Of course, damage from the leak was on us. But shortly after that, the electronics started to go - sometimes the washer will quit mid-cycle and go into some sort of frozen hibernation mode or something. Googled and found a button combo to force a diagnostic cycle, so whenever it acts up I now through it through a diag cycle and it works fine for a few days/weeks. Been repeating that for a few months now.

The thing is about 12yrs old, so we figure every single wash we get out of it now is bonus, we'll ride 'er till she drops.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

In my case i was not wanting to spend more than $300 to fix our dishwasher because we bought it for $500 but after doing some research I found that 6 months prior to us buying it - it was actually retailing for $1300 - so instead of giving up and buying new I opted for fixing it.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

The wife's cordless dyson was having intermittent power issues so she was convinced we had to buy a new one. A few you tube videos later and she's good as new (and the wife is upset I kiaboshed her shopping).
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    The wife's cordless dyson was having intermittent power issues so she was convinced we had to buy a new one. A few you tube videos later and she's good as new (and the wife is upset I kiaboshed her shopping).
    What was the issue? I have one that k think the bettery won't charge anymore and was going to order a new battery.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Wire so stuck in the damned conduit you can't pull it an inch? Get redneck!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Hey kids, ever wanted to know why you don't use indoor-rated cable in underground conduit? Here's why!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

God-damned previous owner thought he was a fucking handyman.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Holy shit. Lucky that is all that happened.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Quote Originally Posted by The_Penguin View Post
    Sounds like you got an older, more mechanical type. For the time and money spend you can just get a used one for $100 on kijiji. I got one listed on there right now for that much, as I replaced mine for kitchen reno, and there are many.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    What was the issue? I have one that k think the bettery won't charge anymore and was going to order a new battery.
    My battery is fine, what happens is when you press the trigger it stays on for about 10 seconds then shuts off. So you release the trigger then press it again and it turns back on. The you tubes said to follow a few steps
    1) Clean the filter thoroughly
    2) Clean all electrical contacts for the battery and for the charger
    3) Clean the head of the vacuum

My guess is that it was something to do with the filter and not enough flow so it was shutting itself off because apparently that's a similar symptom to when the vacuum head is clogged. What ever it was it works now and I cock-blocked a silly shopping spree
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Enmax sent me a letter that my trees (which have been there for 7 years) were obscuring the big green power box on the left hand side of my driveway so I had to cut them down. Bit of a shame really.

Page 22 of 156 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast