Quantcast
what did you do around the house today? - Page 23 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 23 of 156 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you do around the house today?

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Got my basement electrical re-inspection done yesterday after finally getting done fixing all the stuff the previous owner screwed up, along with getting the garage and hot tub electrical properly permitted. Upgraded the garage service while I was at it (was 40A/240, now 60A/240) so I can finally get the drywall back up and make some actual progress down there. Inspector was a pretty relaxed guy, not a hardass or anything like I'd feared - said the rough-in looked good enough he wasn't going to bother with a final inspection and signed off. (Same thing for the building and plumbing inspections, so it's probably pretty common for basement devs.) I had all sorts of documentation and calculations on hand to prove the garage service wiring I installed met code for insulation and conduit fill %, but he wasn't interested, haha.

Name:  IMG_5265.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  73.8 KBBuilt a deck. Just waiting for the fascia to show up to finish it off.

After fighting with the dryer I decided to tackle the humidifier. Wish I had done that earlier it was completely clogged with calcium. Found out the previous owner of the house put the filter casing in backwards so the switch that tells the unit the filter is in place wasn’t being triggered so the humidifier wasn’t even coming on. Some people shouldn’t do home maintenance....

Nice to have a working humidifier!

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Did you have a drum type or some other type? I used to have the drum now i have this one that bolts onto the furnace and I swear i havent heard it work for about a year now. No idea how to get into it though.

https://www.lennox.com/products/indo...control/hcwb17

I have one of these ones - and i just opened it and I think I need a new filter.
    Last edited by nzwasp; 10-28-2017 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did you have a drum type or some other type? I used to have the drum now i have this one that bolts onto the furnace and I swear i havent heard it work for about a year now. No idea how to get into it though.

https://www.lennox.com/products/indo...control/hcwb17

I have one of these ones - and i just opened it and I think I need a new filter.
    Yea I have a very similar one. Same blow through style. I have the Wait 5000. I think they get calcium build up quite quickly with our hard water. I was reading that in some areas with hard water they recommend you change the filter media twice a year.

edit: Home Depot has the wait replacement pads but I’m not sure if they have the Lennox ones
    Last edited by J-hop; 10-28-2017 at 06:52 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

https://www.reliableparts.ca/catalog/474999

I used these guys to buy all the parts for my dishwasher when it broke. I could of gotten it cheaper online but they had everything in stock.

And i agree about repairs - the dishwasher was super easy to fix - just used a youtube video and some parts and now i practically have a brand new dishwasher

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Fill valve on my toilet was clogged. Still got good flow out of the fill hose when disconnected. Bought new fill valve, no issue installing it but somehow must have disturbed the flush valve because it was leaking really bad afterwards. My stupid fancy kohler one piece toilet has a flush valve gasket that nobody sells, at least not HD or Lowe's. Ended up using a totally wrong tank-to-bowl foam gasket and it works great. Assuming it won't last ten years like the last one, but a leak at that spot just puts water down into the bowl, so I'm not worried.

Stupid Korky brand "quiet fill platinum" fill valve is actually hella loud. Not happy about that. May research a good source of the Kohler brand fill valve and see about the correct flush valve gasket at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Exploded.

I did a wardrobe purge, and reorganization of furniture so I have a home office. Thanks for everything, IKEA <3

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Fill valve on my toilet was clogged. Still got good flow out of the fill hose when disconnected. Bought new fill valve, no issue installing it but somehow must have disturbed the flush valve because it was leaking really bad afterwards. My stupid fancy kohler one piece toilet has a flush valve gasket that nobody sells, at least not HD or Lowe's. Ended up using a totally wrong tank-to-bowl foam gasket and it works great. Assuming it won't last ten years like the last one, but a leak at that spot just puts water down into the bowl, so I'm not worried.

Stupid Korky brand "quiet fill platinum" fill valve is actually hella loud. Not happy about that. May research a good source of the Kohler brand fill valve and see about the correct flush valve gasket at the same time.
    Gasket does not "work great". am sourcing the correct Kohler brand one .
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

Installed a bunch of LED light fixtures, and some track lighting. destroyed my fingers in the process on the glass covers for the track lighting we chose.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Took down the Halloween shit that had gotten covered by snow. Put up Christmas lights, or at least all the ones that require a ladder. Won't be turning them on for a while.
    Made pasta carbonera. Drank beer.

Nice little Sunday.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

This was a while ago, but just like every year the humidifier solenoid was inoperative when I turned the humidifier on for the winter heating season. I think it's the hard water that jams it up.
    Last year I took the "broken" one and soaked it in vinegar to dissolve the limescale. It worked good, so I'm soaking the one I just removed.
    Wondering how long I can rotate these two without buying a new one? It's the standard generalaire 999-53 that's not hard to get if I need one.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I wish i could even find my solenoid for my humidifer - house is dry AF. That and a new filter which I also can't find in any home improvement stores.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I wish i could even find my solenoid for my humidifer - house is dry AF. That and a new filter which I also can't find in any home improvement stores.
    I found mine at AMRE

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah I get mine from amre. Box box stores are bullshit

My Ride
    Exploded.

Put my Dyson on a cleaning overhaul.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Replaced my shower head with the Costco Waterpik (the rainfall) one. Best $60 I've spent all year.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Replaced my shower head with the Costco Waterpik (the rainfall) one. Best $60 I've spent all year.

If you didn't already, remove the water saver.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I got my humidifier filters on Amazon.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Massive project today. Was a problem with my Christmas lights. Can you spot the issue?
    Name:  20171212_125804.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  76.6 KB

Crimper, heat shrink crimp connectors and a heat gun fixed it up pretty easily. I'm an electric repair God.

Page 23 of 156 FirstFirst ... 13 22 23 24 33 ... LastLast