Quantcast
what did you do around the house today? - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: what did you do around the house today?

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Installed a Moen Benton faucet in the kitchen, ran eavestrough on the garage, had a 25-30ft evergreen in our front yard removed.

Going to be installing a Toto Drake toilet and removing the stairs to the kitchen patio and closing it off today hopefully.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Went to the dump yesterday to get rid of my remaining junk from the renovation; empty paint cans, paint rolls, random piping, old sink, chandelier, etc.

Feels good to get rid of stupid shit.

lawn, vacuumed, dishes, laundry .... Like a boss. Wife's been taking care of the new born so I gotta do chores lol

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Removed the stairs after building the new fencing on the patio.

Before:

After:

Plan on extending the vertical section of the downspout to beneath the basement window, wife plans on having flower pots and everything else behind where the tree was and we also could not see out the living room window so it had to go.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

couldnt you have just extended the spout to the ground and have it come straight out alongside the path? or trench it along side the path with some tubing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Originally posted by nzwasp
    couldnt you have just extended the spout to the ground and have it come straight out alongside the path? or trench it along side the path with some tubing?
    I'm guessing with coming out by the path you have the chance of water freezing and becoming ice in the winter. Also theres probably tree roots there so trenching may be a bit more difficult. Plus extra water for your lawn.

My Ride
    2010 XFR, 2015 F-350

Originally posted by nzwasp
    I agree, not to be a dick but your downspout coming across the house like that looks awful.

My Ride
    Exploded.

THAT POOR TREE.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Hahaha I don't like the way it looks either, it would look best if it discharged away from the house near the sidewalk I agree with that, but I was concerned about it thawing and freezing on the steps and also I'd rather run it over the lawn as there is more soil to disperse the water through before it hits the public sidewalk, I will try to see if I can get away with it run by the walkway otherwise after I increase the vertical length the section that runs across the front will eventually be hidden behind flower pots.

That tree will make good fire wood for the chiminea I plan on getting!

EDIT: Wheres a good place to get a chiminea? We looked at Tiempo on 17th ave SW so far, we'd be interested in a large one.
    Last edited by StreetRacerX; 07-02-2014 at 11:34 PM.

My Ride
    Has either 2 or 4 wheels

If you decide to rent a stump grinder to get rid of that stump, let me know. Maybe we can split the rental cost and help each other with it.
    Signature..... I ate it!!

Route the downspout down the side of the house, lift one of those sidewalk blocks, trench it there and onto the other side on the grass.
    Also tighten up the eaves trough. My guess is water is running onto your sidewalk to begin with, I can see the gap from the pictures.

Deck looks good. Maybe add the same rock as the pillars to the lower part of the house, just to keep everything looking like it fits in.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

double post
    Last edited by StreetRacerX; 07-03-2014 at 10:23 AM.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Originally posted by mr2mike
    Route the downspout down the side of the house, lift one of those sidewalk blocks, trench it there and onto the other side on the grass.
    Also tighten up the eaves trough. My guess is water is running onto your sidewalk to begin with, I can see the gap from the pictures.

Deck looks good. Maybe add the same rock as the pillars to the lower part of the house, just to keep everything looking like it fits in.
    I dropped the vertical potion into a rain barrel(going to need the water eventually) and have a garden hose connected to it running to the lawn from behind the tree stump, I'll probably fix the gutter coming off the roof tonight when the suns on the other side of the house, also have lots of pine needles to shovel up.

We intended to do exactly that to the deck except with different rock, we've yet to decide on what we want to go with

I'm afraid we intend on keeping the stump, wife wants to do something with it.

Decided to try my hand at 'art'

Tape/exacto knife/stain/pallets.

Really like the surf one and the Wanderlust is for my ladyfriend but don't care much for the music one - should've made it darker. ah well

just thought i'd share

My Ride
    GMC Sierra

Surf one looks really good dumbass

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Painted the living room and hallway babouche (beige),

New chandelier for entry and 2 matching style lights for hall and top of stairs.

Began replacing outlets and toggle light switches with rockers, cover plates are Aztec style colored satin nickel.

Replaced registers and return air grills with metal satin nickel ones.

Replaced thermostat with programmable digital one and hooked up wire to run blower when set to Cool or fan setting set to On.

Had a landscaping company look at the house, plan on having the front done this year.

Last weekend(s) was reroofing my garage. Thanks to boosted_TL and Tora Ventures for the materials and advice.

This weekend was repair the window sill that sits in the shower. Removed the tiles because the water was sitting there and soaking into the grout causing the tiles to lift. Had a solid piece made, removed tiles, redid the sill and anything that was damaged and redid it.

Last edited by mr2mike; 07-19-2014 at 01:09 PM.

My Ride
    GLS63 AMG

Doesn't look like the front will be landscaped this year as summer is coming to a close and wife wants to do other things. Finished painting the baby room a light blue, bought a new lamp for the living room and a fancy security light that looks like a standard outside light.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Got the baby's room finished up this weekend.

Also, made lemonade from a lemon-sized garage. Needed to free up some space to make room for the Mustang.

My Ride
    '14 Subaru Impreza

I can't recall if I posted in this thread or if it was a different one, but I haven't been able to get a solid answer so I'm giving it another go.

I currently have a firepit that's just the standard red bricks and I'm looking for something a bit different. I actually saw one while out for a run a few weeks ago and it's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for (picture attached). It's basically thin slabs stacked on top of each other.

Does anyone know if you can buy a "kit" like this, and if so, where? Alternatively, I guess I could go to burnco and buy the slabs individually, although I fear that could easily turn this into a $300 firepit and that's a bit out of the budget. Also, if that's the route I take, how do I go about securing them all together?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 12 of 157 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast