Quantcast
what did you do around the house today? - Page 77 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 77 of 157 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 3131

Thread: what did you do around the house today?

My Ride
    golfR

How were you splitting the pavers?

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Quote Originally Posted by chongkee_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How were you splitting the pavers?
    It’s all natural flag stone. 2-3” thick. I’m using a diamond cutting wheel on an angle grinder
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    Summer car or work truck

Quote Originally Posted by cycosis View Post
    Part of my covid backyard projects. Been laying this patio/pathway for a solid couple weeks now. I get frustrated pretty easily due to rocks splitting/not fitting right so the pace is slower than Id like.

This looks great man!

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Attachment 92952

Got a new front door!
    Still have to sand and paint a bit, but very happy with the update. Next up I want to change out those pillars to either a treated wood or some sort of squared cover. Any ideas?
    We’ve got similar pillars and have had a hard time getting quotes. We want to change our ceiling trim of the entry way like yours to cedar, and match the pillars. Two quotes are both around $20k from large reno companies. That also included railings. I’m close to cutting a hole in the pillars to see if there is a steel beam inside, and if so demo’ing them and framing myself.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

It’s all natural flag stone. 2-3” thick. I’m using a diamond cutting wheel on an angle grinder
    That looks spectacular!!!!!!

My Ride
    V167

cycosis that looks very nice!!

Got the Quartz installed at my new place. Went with waterfall on both sides of the islands and both gables of the cabinets against the wall, I dont know how they did it but the pattern match is almost bang on. Im pretty sure i have more counter space on just my island than i do in all of my kitchen at the old place

- - - Updated - - -

Part of my covid backyard projects. Been laying this patio/pathway for a solid couple weeks now. I get frustrated pretty easily due to rocks splitting/not fitting right so the pace is slower than Id like.

As someone who tried to do some landscaping themselves i dont even want to know how much time and effort you did for that, Nice job for sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    and I did not have the only say in the matter (most people just want it done ASAP and don't care about quality).
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    If anything we made a better decision because we had a consensus and were all on the same page.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Name:  DBE2316F-F2C0-42D4-8D2F-3F82294D002E.jpg
Views: 755
Size:  85.1 KB

Finished this up a couple weeks ago... still need to build some sort of planter/firewood cover decor thing... not sure on the design yet

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

5 runs of Cat6 for the upstairs bedrooms. 2 in each office and 1 in the master bedroom for a smart tv or streaming device.

Went with Cat6 for 10Gbe abilities to the offices if I need as I'll be running 1 to my desktop.

Also noted is the Ubiuiti Unifi AC Pro that I got for free from ERA as well as an Aruba s2500 24p switch.

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Quote Originally Posted by SkiBum5.0 View Post
    We’ve got similar pillars and have had a hard time getting quotes. We want to change our ceiling trim of the entry way like yours to cedar, and match the pillars. Two quotes are both around $20k from large reno companies. That also included railings. I’m close to cutting a hole in the pillars to see if there is a steel beam inside, and if so demo’ing them and framing myself.
    I can try to find the company, but this is what was passed on:

'My friend suggested Composite Metal Panel cladding posts. The upside is it’s the best system for that application and durability (no painting or staining and it would last forever), the downside is it isn’t economical. He said it would be between $2,000 and $2,500 for the 2 posts.'

I wasnt about to spend 2500 to cover two posts.. so I will keep looking. In my head if I got two collapsable metal supports and then two 4x4 or 6x6 beams and mounts it shouldnt be too difficult or expensive.. but if something goes wrong it would be an expensive fix. Could also just build a frame and cover them myself.

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    I can try to find the company, but this is what was passed on:

'My friend suggested Composite Metal Panel cladding posts. The upside is it’s the best system for that application and durability (no painting or staining and it would last forever), the downside is it isn’t economical. He said it would be between $2,000 and $2,500 for the 2 posts.'

I wasnt about to spend 2500 to cover two posts.. so I will keep looking. In my head if I got two collapsable metal supports and then two 4x4 or 6x6 beams and mounts it shouldnt be too difficult or expensive.. but if something goes wrong it would be an expensive fix. Could also just build a frame and cover them myself.
    Thanks for passing that on. I tried the fake wood on new garage doors and it was a big fail. Just repainted them white. I’ll take the work to keep real wood on the pillars and soffet.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Got Vivint to come and install new Sky Control Panel and Door Bell Camera Pro
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Finally got my new to me Coleman 425 stove up and running. Long story short; bought this stove for 45 bucks cause the valve was fucked and I need a new car calling stove. I just so happened to have a spare complete fuel tank from a pre 60's Coleman 425. It needed a fuel cap, generator, and a pump cup. Also needed to be cleaned as it was stored with gasoline in the tank and gas tends to create deposits. Anyways after installing new parts I have a new/old 425.

Now I need to figure out what to do with the older 431 stove. The burners and tank all work great, but the case is really starting to lose paint and rust. Might try and sand and repaint. I want to save the decals on the inside too. Then I might hang on to it or put it in storage for when my sister or brother need a stove.
    Name:  20200722_135140.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  101.9 KBName:  20200722_135145.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  75.2 KBName:  20200722_135148.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  85.4 KBName:  20200722_141444.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  36.9 KB
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Coleman stoves are awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    V167

I noticed some wasp activity near one of the corners of my roof. Took a closer look, and they are in early stages of establishing a home. Seems like they are building it inside the gutter. SOB's. It is way too high for me to reach safely with a ladder. I blasted that area with my hose for a good 15 minutes. Saw maybe 50ish wasps flying around. Lets see if I was able to flood them out or if they have come back even more pissed off.

In the past, I've generally used a gas soaked rag on the end of a 2x4 or long metal rod to burn wasp nests. Probably had to do this 2-3 times in my life (so, every 10 years or so). In Calgary it seemed no one blinked an eye when I did this, but then again the neighbors knew me. Shall I try the same here and end up on BC Global News?

Built a 8’x6’ platform for the power rack I am getting delivered in 2 weeks:

Name:  A52B9EF9-551F-4EAA-9FB3-1B1673D1AEBB.jpg
Views: 498
Size:  43.3 KB

3x 5/8 subfloor mdf sheets (2 layers)
    PL400, some screws
    2x 6x4’ rubber mats screwed on top

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    I noticed some wasp activity near one of the corners of my roof. Took a closer look, and they are in early stages of establishing a home. Seems like they are building it inside the gutter. SOB's. It is way too high for me to reach safely with a ladder. I blasted that area with my hose for a good 15 minutes. Saw maybe 50ish wasps flying around. Lets see if I was able to flood them out or if they have come back even more pissed off.

In the past, I've generally used a gas soaked rag on the end of a 2x4 or long metal rod to burn wasp nests. Probably had to do this 2-3 times in my life (so, every 10 years or so). In Calgary it seemed no one blinked an eye when I did this, but then again the neighbors knew me. Shall I try the same here and end up on BC Global News?
    If you have any of the severe poisons that have likely been banned now, I've got an expert technique. We used a fairly concentrated Diazinon liquid but Malithion would likely work, too. Anything that smells so incredibly bad that you're certain it's damaging you for every instant you're smelling it is what you want.
    Straighten a coat hanger into an ~20" poker and tangle a small rag around the end of it. Wait until later dusk, dip that into the liquid cancer and go stab it into their nest (doesn't have to be in the access hole, but that won't hurt. Briskly GtFO of the area. Return in morning with shop vac for corpse handling and any other dying beasts. Empty shop vac where your neighbour's cat lives.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Started a small rock quarry from all the damn rocks and boulders in my yard. I'm a wee bit tired and sore and took out a pair of underwear from all the lifting

Now will just need to get rid of them.. anyone wanna buy some rocks

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Been working to get the back yard done over the last few weeks.
    Planted a couple trees, got the flower bed laid out and mulched and a trellis built for a hammock.

Name:  CA73E16C-9771-49DB-8402-830E5DBDA6EB.jpeg
Views: 490
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  9CFFD7E6-0EE3-48FA-B766-E8646D60B7D0.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  136.4 KB

Hope to finish the sprinklers and get sod down on the weekend
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by cet View Post
    Been working to get the back yard done over the last few weeks.
    Planted a couple trees, got the flower bed laid out and mulched and a trellis built for a hammock.

Name:  CA73E16C-9771-49DB-8402-830E5DBDA6EB.jpeg
Views: 490
Size:  124.9 KB

Name:  9CFFD7E6-0EE3-48FA-B766-E8646D60B7D0.jpeg
Views: 454
Size:  136.4 KB

Hope to finish the sprinklers and get sod down on the weekend
    Very nice back yard!

Page 77 of 157 FirstFirst ... 67 76 77 78 87 ... LastLast