Quantcast
Would you support lane cutting tickets? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you support lane cutting tickets?

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Would you support lane cutting tickets?

Came across an article on the subject, and the idea seemed intriguing, thoughts on something like this being used during rush hour?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...eaters28m.html
    Last edited by finboy; 06-28-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Pffft not me. I do it all the time.
    Crowchild southbound onto EB Glenmore. 3rd lane until juuuuuust at the end, then swoop over. There's always someone not quick on the draw when the stop'and'go center lane starts to move.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Absolutely, I hate people that do that shit. Especially on Memorial merging onto Deerfoot north. I never let people in, but so many people stop and let like 4 people in.... ugh

I don't agree with it.

as mentioned above, quite a few people who don't pay attention on the road. Why should I get a ticket for moving over and getting the free space? Or should we just leave that lane open till they finally get up from their text message/make up.

I feel this law was more or less created for those stickler people who don't do it them selves because they always pick the wrong lane to drive in.

Originally posted by C_Dave45
    Pffft not me. I do it all the time.
    Crowchild southbound onto EB Glenmore. 3rd lane until juuuuuust at the end, then swoop over. There's always someone not quick on the draw when the stop'and'go center lane starts to move.

Unfortunately 90% of the people i see lane cutting don't do this. I wouldn't get all that pissed at someone filling the gap like you've described but when it's stop and go slow traffic and someone drives past everyone then tries to force their way in holding up everyone and causing confusion that pisses me off.

IMO::

If you just fill a gap = no ticket
    If you try to force a gap = ticket

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by J-hop

Unfortunately 90% of the people i see lane cutting don't do this. I wouldn't get all that pissed at someone filling the gap like you've described but when it's stop and go slow traffic and someone drives past everyone then tries to force their way in holding up everyone and causing confusion that pisses me off.

If try to force a gap = ticket
    Exactly, and Memorial East onto Deerfoot north is a great example.. They should have a solid white line before the traffic lights for about 150 meters as well. The people cutting in line there are not taking 'free' space. They push in causing everyone else to hit the brakes and it totally screws the traffic flow slowing the correct lane, more and more..
    The other is Crowchild south onto Glenmore east.
    Too loud for Aspen

Oh, now THAT I agree with. Or if you hold up the lane you're trying to get OUT of! When I do that on Crowchild...I watch...and you can see when a section starts to move, there's always one person (probably texting) and a huge gap opens up...I just slide right in, and usually even the car behind me takes a while to catch up.
    If I don't find a spot then I've actually driven right past the exit and turn around after that interchange. But that only happened once. EVERY time, there's a large opening right at the end. *snicker*. And Hey....I'll even back off and let someone else do the same in front of me. Works great..speeds things up, doesn't tie up that far left lane.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

I'm all for it. Drives me insane when some dick goes right to the end then tries to force in. Be it because they're stupid and not in the right lane, or because they're just an asshole, I'm all for ticketing them.

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

A lane cut daily, I'd be broke

My Ride
    You Crazy

Fuck that.

No additional laws!

My Ride
    oooo

There is a reason those lanes go as long as they do. Merge at the end of it. If everyone used the lane to the end it would be no different than any other lane on the road. But for some reason people feel they need to get over the second the line becomes dotted.

It's like people stopping at a free-flow lane IMO.
    2017 VW Jetta 1.4T (winter car)
    2010 F-350 Nortruck Tool Shed
    2007 BMW 5 (Wifey's)
    2004 Audi A4 1.8T 6spd Stage III w/ Meth
    1985 F-250 6.9L IDI w/ATS turbo

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

No. Because the process of ticketing them would make the traffic snarls just that much worse.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

A-men

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

It's those that cut over a solid line that piss me off.
    Pulling a "Dave"-approve.
    Cutting over solid lines-disapprove.

If more people were polite and alternated merges-everyone lets in one car-things will move much better.

My favorite dick move-here is the scenario: me S/B on Blackfoot...traffic trying to merge onto Blackfoot south from 42nd E/B just before the rail crossing. I always leave a space and allow one car in. It's the nice thing to do and helps traffic move along. I have someone in a Mercedes pulling a NASCAR draft on me and isn't going to let someone in. I slow and allow two cars in.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by ianmcc
    It's thot;Dave"-approve.
    Cutting over solid lines-disapprove.
    ose that cut over a solid line that piss me off.
    Pulling a &qu
    If more people were polite and alternated merges-everyone lets in one car-things will move much better.

My favorite dick move-here is the scenario: me S/B on Blackfoot...traffic trying to merge onto Blackfoot south from 42nd E/B just before the rail crossing. I always leave a space and allow one car in. It's the nice thing to do and helps traffic move along. I have someone in a Mercedes pulling a NASCAR draft on me and isn't going to let someone in. I slow and allow two cars in.
    I agree with this..I will generally always let ONE car in provided they aren't being a douche about it (ie no signal or trying to barge through.) If a second and third car try to follow him I block those fuckers out one per customer folks...

Cash cow, just stand at NB Crowchild at Bow Trail from 4-6pm M-F, easy tickets.
    People always waiting last second to sneak in, stopping and blocking cars/buses in the exit lane to WB Bow Tr.
    Last edited by phreezee; 06-28-2012 at 11:37 PM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Go back to driver's ed and learn how the make space and how to merge, it's not that difficult of a concept.

Education > Legislation
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    STi

I hate it when people cut in at the very end. I'm sure a rare few cut in because they don't know the lane ends, but the majority just cut in to save time. It's different if its a merge lane, say from bow trail onto crowchild. I let one car in before I go. But I see too many people in construction zones leave my lane to try to cut in front. I never let these guys in if possible.

I'd be indifferent to whether or not a law like this comes into affect. As much as I hate lane cutters, the last thing we need is another money grab by the CPS

My Ride
    is in the works.

Originally posted by Toma
    Fuck that.

No additional laws!

My Ride
    something green

It doesn't even require an additional law to deal with this, just some line paint and some enforcement.
    The turn lane on 32 av to SB Deerfoot is another one..More than a dozen times I have seen people pull out of line, nail it then try and push back in right before the actual turn. Its not a case of not knowing which lane to be in, its a case of just people being impatient assholes. I can come off of 12 st and still get in the proper lane well before the intersection in rush hour without being an ass, there is no excuse for some of these people.
    Too loud for Aspen

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast