Quantcast
Kart World Review (Summer 2012) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kart World Review (Summer 2012)

My Ride
    Has AWD

Default Kart World Review (Summer 2012)

I went there with a couple friends for some lapping and overall i would never return. I find that $50 for approx 15mins is a little steep. The karts i feel are unsafe, i had to re-tighten my belt every 2-3 laps just to maintain full control of the kart at speed thru the corners, my damn factory integra seatbelt is safer, u figure a proper harness would be safer.......if they had proper ones......then there is the course itself which is in desperate need of attention. Overall i did not get the feeling any of the employee gave a shit about safety, those guys are there for a paycheque......u get what u pay for and ya good help is hard to find. I feel the potential danger there for both myself, my family, and my friends, is too great to ever recommend any of them attend that facility.

Next up is Shakers Family centre and i will write a review for them as well.

i miss the indoor grand prix place, we should all pitch in and build another one lol

Who cares how fast the karts are. How safe really is it?

I'll save you the $30, don't bother going to Shaker's. The karts are crap. You can do a full lap without taking your foot off the accelerator.

My Ride
    is an Experience.

I'd recommend keeping an eye on groupon discounts for when they have an offer for the Allen Berg Kart Racing School, bought one the other day, its $80 (50% off) for some racing education, then 15 minutes following an instructor, then you get 15 minutes by yourself to race around a pretty nice looking course.

Yea Calgary sucks for go-karting, Edmonton appears to have a good venue for it.

My Ride
    Horse

Originally posted by buh_buh
    The karts are crap. You can do a full lap without taking your foot off the accelerator.
    This applies to both Shakers and Kart World. The track at Shaker's is in much better condition that KW's but there is no where to pass so when I went yesterday I just spin people when they got in my way. The staff at Shaker's don't gave a f*** if you screw around so it's fun with friends, staff at KW got all pissy at us for a little bit of bumping. Shaker's is also a lot cheaper, for $25 you can ride the go-karts as many times as you want but like an above poster said look for the deals for Allen Berg on Groupon and Dealfind, there was one on Groupon just a couple days ago where I scooped up a ticket.

My Ride
    mkv gti

Default Re: Kart World Review (Summer 2012)

Originally posted by MGCM
    i miss the indoor grand prix place, we should all pitch in and build another one lol [/B]
    Spent many an afternoon ditching class to go there.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by DannyO
    I'd recommend keeping an eye on groupon discounts for when they have an offer for the Allen Berg Kart Racing School, bought one the other day, its $80 (50% off) for some racing education, then 15 minutes following an instructor, then you get 15 minutes by yourself to race around a pretty nice looking course.

Yea Calgary sucks for go-karting, Edmonton appears to have a good venue for it.

I bought one with some friends and we have an August appointment!

We went to K1 in California and man, it was so much fun! I love karting.

My Ride
    W204

ABRS is awesome. The Karts are pretty quick. Beware when the tires are cold as they are prone to spinning (yes did it twice ahahaha). And if you stop, they stall.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by clem24
    ABRS is awesome. The Karts are pretty quick. Beware when the tires are cold as they are prone to spinning (yes did it twice ahahaha). And if you stop, they stall.
    That's why you gotta do the warm-up 'sway' before your lap!

They do it on TV. Why can't I?

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by flipstah

I bought one with some friends and we have an August appointment!

We went to K1 in California and man, it was so much fun! I love karting.
    Aug appointment where? In Edmonton? If so then it's something me and a few friends might invest in at some point in the future. I just can't afford to travel very far right now so going to California is out of the question for the time being. I definitely want to go down there for the Alan Berg school in the next few years.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Aug appointment where? In Edmonton? If so then it's something me and a few friends might invest in at some point in the future. I just can't afford to travel very far right now so going to California is out of the question for the time being. I definitely want to go down there for the Alan Berg school in the next few years.
    Nope. Calgary. They had a Groupon deal!

Allen Berg Racing Schools - Calgary 2012 Kart groupon
    8/17/12 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM

My Ride
    Horse

^I got that, still haven't booked a date yet.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by xnvy
    ^I got that, still haven't booked a date yet.
    I suggest you should. My friends booked the appointment months back and they said July was full already.

My Ride
    Has AWD

if its in calgary maybe i can come spectate

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

I did a full ABRS carting day a few years back and it was awesome! After about 3-4 hours of actual cart time I could barely move my arms the next day!

My Ride
    CBR600RR

I went back home to Winnipeg and visited family last week and hit up this place: speedworld.ca

Calgary go-karts pale in comparison
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Has AWD

Calgary deserves an indoor kart track.......whos in? I wanna start looking at developing a business plan and find someone in Calgary with way too much money and willing to invest in local motorsports........cant be that hard, lotta students on here and im sure some are in business classes, school project maybe?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Calgary deserves an indoor kart track.......whos in? I wanna start looking at developing a business plan and find someone in Calgary with way too much money and willing to invest in local motorsports........cant be that hard, lotta students on here and im sure some are in business classes, school project maybe?
    The weather makes maintenance costly so it's hard to make a profit on it. At least, I think it would be.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Altima

Originally posted by flipstah

The weather makes maintenance costly so it's hard to make a profit on it. At least, I think it would be.
    weather makes maintenance costly? even with an indoor track? i do imagine there would be expansion and contraction with the warm and cold weather, but i didnt think i would affect indoor concrete/pavement that much? correct me if i am wrong
    Originally posted by WongYue

10% of a litre bike throttle should mean a 100cc right? I think I can handle that.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by ae92gts

weather makes maintenance costly? even with an indoor track? i do imagine there would be expansion and contraction with the warm and cold weather, but i didnt think i would affect indoor concrete/pavement that much? correct me if i am wrong
    Oops. Reading>me.

If it's indoor, then there's a way to make money on it. I can only see group bookings to break even.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Price has to be right and lots of advertising for group bookings and i believe it has the potential to be profittable, nothing serious but a little exta money in someones pocket and a safe place for kids young and old to have fun.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast