Quantcast
Kart World Review (Summer 2012) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kart World Review (Summer 2012)

My Ride
    1.8T

Kart world is awesome, if theres no risk involved then it's no fun. Seat beats are fine aslong you properly tighten it. Karts are also way faster than shakers and if you an your friends wanna bump then go right ahead.
    1994 Acura Integra LS (write off)
    1995 Acura Integra GSR (sold)
    1999 Honda Civic SIR (sold)
    1999 Volkswagen Passat 1.8t (DD)

Originally posted by Eleanor
    I went back home to Winnipeg and visited family last week and hit up this place: speedworld.ca
    I know the owners of Speedworld. They are all racing (F1 and AutoX) junkies. The karts are properly tuned and maintained and the track is well designed with challenging spots and electronic timing.

I have known people to literally get sick from the tunnel vision you get from racing so fast on a tight track and at speeds of 50km/h.

If Calgary had a place like that, rage2 would have his own parking spot in the lot.

My Ride
    Slow And burns oil !!

^ that looks really fun! I would have a huge smile on my face hahah. Calgary has a consumer base for this kind of stuff. Kart world makes money, and its a ghetto version. Im goin to look into this sort of thing!
    Booooooooosted Da9
    WD21 pathfinder mud rig

Originally posted by mugensix
    ^ that looks really fun! I would have a huge smile on my face hahah. Calgary has a consumer base for this kind of stuff. Kart world makes money, and its a ghetto version. Im goin to look into this sort of thing!
    The problem in Calgary is being able to afford a location to run the business in without having to charge your customers a small fortune per lap.

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by RNB11
    Kart world is awesome, if theres no risk involved then it's no fun. Seat beats are fine aslong you properly tighten it. Karts are also way faster than shakers and if you an your friends wanna bump then go right ahead.
    Soon as i sat down in the kart I got my harness zipped so tight i could not move my body, yet it still came loose every 2-3 laps........

My Ride
    Has AWD

Originally posted by sputnik

The problem in Calgary is being able to afford a location to run the business in without having to charge your customers a small fortune per lap.
    Would probably not be feasible in Calgary for that reason, but, airdrie? Strathmore? Okotokes? Somewhere outside of Calgary it could be done affordably.

My Ride
    06 Focus ZX5, 97 Skyline R33

Originally posted by MGCM

Would probably not be feasible in Calgary for that reason, but, airdrie? Strathmore? Okotokes? Somewhere outside of Calgary it could be done affordably.
    They had that one up in Balzac several years ago, although I guess that's basically Calgary now anyway. That only stayed for one or two seasons, went once, don't remember much about it. Ricky Bobby's or something?

Haven't been to Kart World in years, but Shakers is OK. It's pretty cheap but it isn't very exciting racing and, as someone else said, no opportunities for passing. Went to the one in Kelowna this year and the track was pretty good but my kart was waaay down on power so I got left behind haha.

My Ride
    '16 F150 Lariat, 17 Shelby GT350, '21 Explorer ST

calgary has no good places anymore which really sucks . i have a video of me driving at speeders up here in edmonton. the karts are electric so the power is pretty much instant which is nice. the only downside is they are a little more strict on bumping and drifiting and stuff, but its still a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-BRaUGBDAw

My Ride
    W204

Kart World sucked a lot of balls.. We want last year for a friend's bachelor party.. The carts were so inconsistent (some were just so much quicker than others) and mine was spouting fuel so no one wanted to race me anyway cause they'd just get a face full of fuel.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by sputnik
    I know the owners of Speedworld. They are all racing (F1 and AutoX) junkies. The karts are properly tuned and maintained and the track is well designed with challenging spots and electronic timing.
    Haha, well tell them they've got an awesome facility for me, makes going back there to visit family a little easier

I was shocked that the cars didn't have harnesses though, seems like a lawyer's nightmare/wet dream.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

Originally posted by xnvy
    This applies to both Shakers and Kart World. The track at Shaker's is in much better condition that KW's but there is no where to pass so when I went yesterday I just spin people when they got in my way. The staff at Shaker's don't gave a f*** if you screw around so it's fun with friends, staff at KW got all pissy at us for a little bit of bumping. Shaker's is also a lot cheaper, for $25 you can ride the go-karts as many times as you want but like an above poster said look for the deals for Allen Berg on Groupon and Dealfind, there was one on Groupon just a couple days ago where I scooped up a ticket.
    I overtook 6 people in one session at Shakers

I had to be the heaviest driver there too. I had to nudge people out of the way to do it, but I wished I had thought of doing the pit manouvre!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2