Quantcast
hyatt mercedes/smart - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: hyatt mercedes/smart

My Ride
    '98 M3 dinan stage 4

Default hyatt mercedes/smart

I have a bone to pick with hyatt mercedes and their service.

so I drove by the downtown location and decided to stop at the used car lot and take a look at the cars they had there and started talking to the salesman. He seemed very honest and helpful as we chatted about a 2006 smart with 73000km they had on the lot. I decided to take it for a test drive and was surprised at how it drove and handled...needless to say not the fastest car in the fleet but enough to get around as a commuter.

I was on the fence about buying it then the salesman assured me they go thru every car and if any part is under 50% they replace it before they sell the car. I had decided to take the car and picked it up the next week.

Fast forward 45 days (a month and a half) and 1500km, the car is starting to make a funny noise. I Immediately take it in to mercedes service and ask them to take a look at the car and diagnose the issue. They come back and tell me the turbo is blown...

I ask service if they can do anything for me being I had just bought the car they said they would ask sales. Service got back to me and told me they wouldn't do a thing because its been longer than 2 weeks (I'm guessing that's their warranty) since I had bought the car. I told them the turbo was obviously on its last legs and was in no way 50% or greater in life. Still wouldn't do anything for me.

Its not like i wanted a free turbo but a little help would be nice considering the part alone was $1495 + install!

I had decided to call the store and got the run around from sales people and not even a manager to talk to!

In my opinion hyatt mercedes is a total waste of time and a joke. They don't care at all about service or clients and will try to take advantage of anyone they can.
    06 g35Turbo. 404 whp. sold
    99 tercel (with winter tires). sold
    98 bmw m3 dinan stage 4.
    06 smart cdi

My Ride
    Bicycle

lol, can't believe you fell for that.

Unless there's a CPO warranty, buying an out of warranty car from dealer is no different than private sale.

And how the heck can anyone figure out a turbo is 50% worn or not?

My Ride
    '98 M3 dinan stage 4

They sell certified pre owned cars and say they are guaranteed but oviously not. I dont even think this car went thru the shop to get looked at.
    98 bmw m3 dinan stage 4.
    06 smart cdi

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

your 06 was certified?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by 6mtguy
    They sell certified pre owned cars and say they are guaranteed but oviously not. I dont even think this car went thru the shop to get looked at.
    They do but not every car they sell is CPO. If you don't have any paper work on warranty, your car isn't certified. Sounds like you just take them at their words instead of getting all the proper paperwork and proofs.

I can see it 3 or 4 year old car being on CPO, not a 6-7 year old one.

My Ride
    2005 F350

i don't see how this is the dealers fault.

you bought a used car. no warranty expressed or implied. sometimes shit just happens.

the dealer is not in the wrong for not wanting to pay the repair on YOUR car.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

My Ride
    Depends on the day

It's a Hyatt dealership
    Go see Perry Itzcovitch in the old Infiniti building
    Last edited by kvg; 07-06-2012 at 09:53 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Not a very Smart purchase, hey guy..
    Last edited by bourge73; 07-06-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Sounds like your SOL on getting the dealership to cover it, check over your paperwork maybe there is something in there about a "warranty" or grace period (longer than the 2 weeks they told you on the phone) on non-CPO used cars sold

PS It's a Smart car the engine probably weighs about as much as a ride on mower's engine, pull it out by hand and swap the turbo yourself

My Ride
    '98 M3 dinan stage 4

Originally posted by Xtrema

They do but not every car they sell is CPO. If you don't have any paper work on warranty, your car isn't certified. Sounds like you just take them at their words instead of getting all the proper paperwork and proofs.

I can see it 3 or 4 year old car being on CPO, not a 6-7 year old one.
    well the certified pre-owned sticker they put on the driver window sure looked legit. and no i didnt get any warranty written out.

and as i said in the original post I wasnt asking them to pay for a new turbo, i was asking for somesort of help.
    98 bmw m3 dinan stage 4.
    06 smart cdi

My Ride
    Nothing

LOL @ buying from Hyatt.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars ago I traded them my mustang. It had 4.1 gearing (but no speedo correction, so the speedo/odo read way too fast) and a shift kit drilled for the hardest setting (you would bark the tires in 1st with just 1/4 throttle when it would shift) so the poor tranny was probably on its last legs from the shifting abuse.

less than a week later it was for sale on their lot with a gigantic mechnically certified sticker. I test drove it and commented on how fast the speedo moved and how hard it shifted and the salesman was like 'yea, it's a mustang buddy, VERY fast car, you're just not used to how a sports car shifts'
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by 6mtguy

well the certified pre-owned sticker they put on the driver window sure looked legit. and no i didnt get any warranty written out.

and as i said in the original post I wasnt asking them to pay for a new turbo, i was asking for somesort of help.
    Ok, what I meant is CPO warranty. If you check Smart's site, CPO warranty is optional.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

CPO warranty isn't optional. Extended CPO warranty is optional.

For MB and Smart, when the car is deemed a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, the warranty is automatically upgraded to 6 years/120,000km. You can pay extra to extend it to 7 year 160,000km. See here:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...CRC_P09266.pdf

> reassurance: 107-point technical inspection
    and certification report
    > coverage: standard coverage up to 6 years after original
    factory warranty expires or 120,000 total vehicle kms
    > confidence: complete vehicle history report
    > security: 24-hour smartmove roadside assistance
    > peace of mind: five day/ 500 km exchange privilege
    The OP has a 2006, so most likely delivered in the 1st half of 2006 or earlier, so it's past the 6 year CPO standard coverage already.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '98 M3 dinan stage 4

Originally posted by rage2
    CPO warranty isn't optional. Extended CPO warranty is optional.

For MB and Smart, when the car is deemed a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle, the warranty is automatically upgraded to 6 years/120,000km. You can pay extra to extend it to 7 year 160,000km. See here:

http://www.mercedes-benz.ca/content/...CRC_P09266.pdf

The OP has a 2006, so most likely delivered in the 1st half of 2006 or earlier, so it's past the 6 year CPO standard coverage already.
    thanks for that info Rage... Ill look into it further and see.
    98 bmw m3 dinan stage 4.
    06 smart cdi

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Just ask the service desk to get your in-service date. If for some lucky reason your car was one of the last 06 deliveries in late 2006, you'll still have a tiny bit of warranty. Of course if that was true, they wouldn't have any reason to deny you in the first place.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Just ask the service desk to get your in-service date. If for some lucky reason your car was one of the last 06 deliveries in late 2006, you'll still have a tiny bit of warranty. Of course if that was true, they wouldn't have any reason to deny you in the first place.
    Just look at the build date on the vin sticker inside the door jam. 07/05 to 06/06 would be early build. Anything after that would be late build.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Build date doesn't matter. Smarts were sitting on lots for a long time. In service date is how they determine warranty start date.

jibber is offline slower than rage2 at the track
    My Ride
    2021 K1X FB20D GT Sport, 2012 K23 N50 VQ40 SV

I agree with Rage... at the end of Pontiac's run in 2010, we still had some G5s that were built in 2009, and the last ones sold in Feb 2011. Build date Nov/09, In Service (warranty start) Feb/11 isn't that far fetched....
    Originally posted by RoseLover
    if you hate people from overseas...why you stay in North America!

My Ride
    '98 M3 dinan stage 4

so the inservice date was aug 8 2006. i still should have 1 month of warranty left.

edit... so cpo warranty is only done on 2008 & newer vehicles.

sounds like crap to me.
    Last edited by 6mtguy; 07-09-2012 at 11:59 AM.
    98 bmw m3 dinan stage 4.
    06 smart cdi

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Yup. Unless they didn't actually CPO the car through the Smart system and just slapped on the sticker. That would be a scam on their part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast