Quantcast
2012 merc c250, audi a4, bmw 320i - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2012 merc c250, audi a4, bmw 320i

Default 2012 merc c250, audi a4, bmw 320i

hey

so im in the market for a new car and id thought id get into the entry level luxury market

in your opinion which of these 3 has best value for money?

mercedes c class c250

audi a4 (the quattro)

bmw 320i

My Ride
    C350 4matic

Just went through the same comparison except with the 335 and C350. I went with the C350 because Mercedes had a good promotion (free 4-matic, $3500 off and first 3 payments free), so it ended up being way cheaper than the BMW with the same options.
    I don't think you can go wrong buying any of the 3, so It just comes down to which you like best during test drive and what price the dealer can get you.
    Last edited by little_wan; 07-08-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Looked at some similar cars as well for my wife and ended up going with a C300. She loves the car I wish I would have went for the C350 though.

My Ride
    This and that.

Went through the same comparison a little while ago and ended up with a C350. Just didn't find them as common as the 3 series and I liked the look of the Benz sedan more. Can't really go wrong with either of them.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

A4 will outperform the rest by a wide margin with the new 8sp auto trans. Also I think it looks the best and you can't get the bmw with xdrive yet if I remember right.

Originally posted by Aleks
    A4 will outperform the rest by a wide margin with the new 8sp auto trans. Also I think it looks the best and you can't get the bmw with xdrive yet if I remember right.
    Have you driven it? My wife was pretty much sold on an A4 until we drove it. It feels like a geriatric compared to the C300 and 328i, let alone C350 and 335i. It feels big and slow. The BMW definitely has the sportier suspension and better engine (in both the 328 and 335) but we both prefer the MB for interior and exterior looks.

Honestly, if the 328i looked like the C-class coupe we would have bought one months ago :P

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

For 2013 C's, you can order the Black Series interior in the C350 Coupes with the Sport package (Code 956). Oddly enough, in the base C250 you can get that interior PLUS AMG suspension, more aggressive steering, larger brakes, AMG exhaust, and rev matched downshifts with the Sport Plus package (P84). What's even more strange is that the optional interior is NOT available on the C63's haha.

Aside from the CF interior bits and AMG Black Series emblems, the sport package interior is identical to the BS.

Heads up for those looking at non AMG C Coupes.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Originally posted by Mibz
    Have you driven it? My wife was pretty much sold on an A4 until we drove it. It feels like a geriatric compared to the C300 and 328i, let alone C350 and 335i. It feels big and slow. The BMW definitely has the sportier suspension and better engine (in both the 328 and 335) but we both prefer the MB for interior and exterior looks.

Honestly, if the 328i looked like the C-class coupe we would have bought one months ago :P
    Agree with everything, except the OP is looking at a 320, not 328.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mibz

Haven't driven the new 8 spd version. OP only mentions 320/C250 as options.

Not sure why the A4 felt slow. It's quite a bit faster than the C300 even with the old trans.

I didn't know we were getting the 320i, I assumed he meant 328i, my bad. We didn't drive the 250 or 320 so I guess I can't really make the comparison.

That said, I know the numbers say one thing, especially at this altitude, but the A4 just didn't feel good at all. More power to the guy who doesn't feel the same though!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

The A4 and the 3 series have grown in size and weight.

The C class is still smaller than a civic. I dislike fat cars.

My Ride

Audi is definately heavier than the RWD C and 3. But the difference between RWD C class and RWD 3 series is less than 50 lbs.

Can't really go wrong with any of these cars. Such a first world problem arguing over what is better, an Audi or Mercedes

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Fat isn't just weight, it is also girth. The a4 and 3 series keep growing with each new iteration.

thanks for all your advice/comments:

heres what i feel about the 3 cars....

mercedes c250 has an amazing interior but its just too small compared to the other cars (interior space)

bmw is way too common and the interior trim seems cheap/dated compared to the other 2

audi seems to best but its much more expensive

first world problems

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Originally posted by battlebot
    thanks for all your advice/comments:

heres what i feel about the 3 cars....

mercedes c250 has an amazing interior but its just too small compared to the other cars (interior space)

bmw is way too common and the interior trim seems cheap/dated compared to the other 2

audi seems to best but its much more expensive

first world problems
    I'm assuming since you said the 3 series interior is dated that you were test driving a E9X. You might want to take a look at the F30 because the interior is definitely not dated.

My suggestion would be since you are looking at an entry level and you don't seem to have a favorite in terms of brand or styling, just go with whatever provides the best value and/or price.

It would be easier to gauge which one has the best value once you compare all three cars on equal terms (AWD, similar packages, etc).

The gauge cluster on the F30 blew my mind.

My choice would be an Audi or BMW. We should all have such difficult choices in life....LOL.

A set of winter tires would make choosing the BMW easier over the Audi, also the summer tires would last four years as would the winter tires. Summer rims would be nice and protected from winter.

Edmonds did a run through on the 2012 Audi A4 vs. 2012 BMW 328i vs. 2012 Mercedes-Benz C250 Comparison Test:

http://www.insideline.com/bmw/3-seri...ison-test.html

Conclusion from the article: Truth is, you won't go wrong with any of these cars.

All-weather ability, for example, might be necessary. If we lived in Colorado, we'd buy the 2012 Audi A4 and ditch the 19-inch wheels and tires in favor of a choice with lighter wheels and better-riding rubber.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 07-09-2012 at 09:12 AM.

My Ride
    Carbon Black M3/Alpine White M3/Black M3 Cabrios

I would stay away from the E90 BMW's, I test drove the M3 and was not impressed by it at all. Everything about those E90 seemed how should I put it delicately "cheap" and lacked the elegance and styling that the previous generation (e46) had. Not to mention, performance, it just lacks behind the Audi

Don't get me wrong as I love BMW's and I have 3 M3's in my garage right now but in recent years, BMW has really cheapen the brand to the point that the new generation BMW is now the new Honda Civic as everywhere I turn, I see one. The new M5 is the only car from BMW that has stirred my loins to get one. The rest of the lineup interests me as much as watching the Kardashians on tv
    Last edited by Lubu; 07-09-2012 at 09:24 AM.

What about those "Audi Care" "BMW Service" Packages that are included with the purchase price. I'm not too sure about MB's, but I seem to recall that Audi and BMW have that type of offering when you buy new or buy their CPO's.

MB didn't have an equivalent when we were shopping there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast