Quantcast
2012 merc c250, audi a4, bmw 320i - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2012 merc c250, audi a4, bmw 320i

I just went through the same thing and ended up with a C350 coupe. I wanted the 2013 AMG interior, but I couldn't pass up on the great deal I found on a 2012 hanging around the lot. Like everyone else has said, you really can't go wrong with any of these cars. The new C250 is surprisingly peppy though.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

All of that is built into the price of the car.

I would go F30 328i.

My Ride
    Bicycle

A4 is a nice car but Quattro being front wheel drive bias, it feels more boring of the 3. The 8sp auto is actually pretty fast and a nice unit.

Interior wise, Audi lost quite a bit of lead in this front. I now like both 2012/13 model of C and 3 where I wasn't too fond of them before.

Also, there isn't a 320i at the moment. And I would pick a 328i over A4 2.0T. There is a reason why Audi detune the 3.0T from the S4 and put that in the A4 range in Europe.

Originally posted by ducaudi
    What about those "Audi Care" "BMW Service" Packages that are included with the purchase price. I'm not too sure about MB's, but I seem to recall that Audi and BMW have that type of offering when you buy new or buy their CPO's.
    Yeah, BMW has that built in the car's price and Audi will usually provided that as deal closer. Merc is cold hard cash on maintenance.

For average drivers, that's basically 1 service a year. Not a big deal.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-09-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Originally posted by benyl
    All of that is built into the price of the car.

I would go F30 328i.
    If I wanted a sedan right now, this would be the car to get IMO.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    A4 is a nice car but Quattro being front wheel drive bias, it feels more boring of the 3. The 8sp auto is actually pretty fast and a nice unit.
    Is the sport diff available in the A4? I've driven the S4 and S5 with the sport diff, and the difference in the corners is night and day. It feels like a well sorted RWD car with lots of grip, instead of a FWD car.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2

Is the sport diff available in the A4? I've driven the S4 and S5 with the sport diff, and the difference in the corners is night and day. It feels like a well sorted RWD car with lots of grip, instead of a FWD car.
    As Rage said about the the RWD feeling. Aren't Audi's 60/40 Rear?

My Ride
    Bicycle

40/60 front:rear is the default and max out to 85% rear if needed. This is basically the same a x-drive.

Sport diff basically adds left:right split torque vectoring, similar to Acura's SHAWD which improves handling.

Sport Diff seems to be S cars and above only, not on any A models, not even A7.

IMO, Sport Diff is a must. And that's mostly the consensus on Audi forums for S4/5.

The few weeks that I had the A4 loaner while adequate, feels subdue on the handling department.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    40/60 front:rear is the default and max out to 85% rear if needed. This is basically the same a x-drive.

Sport diff basically adds left:right split torque vectoring, similar to Acura's SHAWD which improves handling.

Sport Diff seems to be S cars and above only, not on any A models, not even A7.

IMO, Sport Diff is a must. And that's mostly the consensus on Audi forums for S4/5.

The few weeks that I had the A4 loaner while adequate, feels subdue on the handling department.
    So base model Audi's don't get the bells and whistles that the S and above get. That's interesting.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've driven the S5 with no sport diff, and it's hard to get the front end to bite exiting corners, or powering through corners. Like others said, it felt like FWD.

Drove the S5 Cab last week with sport diff, and a S4 coupe with sport diff, and it was neutral everywhere. The car had way more grip than the roads I drove would allow.

Weird that even in their sport line, the diff was optional. Even the RS5 the sport diff is optional.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by ducaudi

So base model Audi's don't get the bells and whistles that the S and above get. That's interesting.
    It varies, Audi package some bells and whistles as Drive Select packages. There are Drive Select packages for all models but the equipments in them varies.

When it comes to sport diff, I just checked, it's only available on S4/5/6/7/8 and RS5. TT-RS doesn't get one since it's not on the same platform.

And yes, it's optional but it's worth it. Audi should make it standard tho. Grip is insane.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-09-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2