Quantcast
Don Cherry in trouble again... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Don Cherry in trouble again...

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Talking Don Cherry in trouble again...

All I'll say is : Don for Prime Minister !

Damn Frenchies ..

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp..._icehockey_col
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Default ,

to Cherry.

Hell he knows more about hockey than anyone else in the damn country and it's true.

Anybody who tries to act like a tough guy but hides behind his visor is a flat out pussy regardless of nationality.

Exhibit 1 - Denis Gauthier (I'm so tough, I'll fight anyone as long as they have to punch through my visor to hurt me)
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    pedals

OMG!!!!! WHO CARES??????? the europans and french wear visors. uuuuuoooooo aahhhhhhhh, might burn. NOT. what a bunch of pussies

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

complete overeaction, it was just a stereotype not a racist remark.
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

It's not even a stereotype! If anything, it's kind of a lame attempt at one.

As far as I'm concerned, "OMG! Europeans and the French wear visors!!" is the same kind of statement as "The Scottish wear skirts/kilts!" It's not like it was derogatory or anything.

The MP who took offense to it is saying it implies the French are wimps. The Scottish comment I made is more offensive than that and the Scottish people I know could care less.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    335i

Don Cherry is a moron
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Don Cherry is a fucking retard. I can't stand that peice of shit.

Why the fuck would you NOT wear at least a 1/2 visor? Its like those fucking retards who don't wear a full face guard riding a motorbike. People think it makes them look "tough" or "cool," personally, I think it gives them a look that reflects thier lack of brains.

How bout we give Don Cherry a helmet without a face guard and have him stand in front of an Al MacInnis slapshot.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by T5_X

Why the fuck would you NOT wear at least a 1/2 visor? Its like those fucking retards who don't wear a full face guard riding a motorbike. People think it makes them look "tough" or "cool," personally, I think it gives them a look that reflects thier lack of brains.
    If you wear a visor you pretty much can't start a fight without getting an extra instigator penalty so in reality they are pussies because often they do nasty stick work etc. but they won't/can't drop the gloves because they're hiding behind a shield.

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Big deal, he tells it like it is, and either you love him or hate him for it. I dont see whats so controversial about it. It would be a bigger controversy if Ron Mclean grabbed Don Cherry's plaid suit and it ripped apart revealing his metal nipple piercing.
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

Originally posted by davidI

If you wear a visor you pretty much can't start a fight without getting an extra instigator penalty so in reality they are pussies because often they do nasty stick work etc. but they won't/can't drop the gloves because they're hiding behind a shield.
    but not every visor player is a pussy that does nasty stick work and plays dirty.

My Ride
    pedals

ok, i personally think visors are the way to go. safty and all. and cherry is also allowed his opinion. why the hell would anyone car about some lame bairly bairly offensive comment. no body said shit when he talks about europeans but 1 stupid little comment about the french and the fucking language minister is shitting his pants??? Whats with that. tell me, what?
    Last edited by hjr; 02-09-2004 at 10:08 AM.

lam-boy Guest

i'd rather be called a pussy than have no teeth/eyevision hahaha

then we will see who laughs.

A. Cant get hit with a McInnis slapshot, he's injured.
    B. Who cares who wears a visor,if they want to no big deal. Domi is now wearing one and when he wants to fight he just throws off his bucket. Look at the replays of the eye injuries, how many would have been saved by a visor....NONE. No sticks are going straight at you they come from the bottom. So they would just go under the visor.
    I like somethings Cherry says and disagree with him too, my main annoyance is the CBC's campaign of "Lets only talk about and cover the Leafs". It makes me sick to see them every single week and have to hear about them. Half the visors now are only 4" long, it barely covers anything anyways.
    This visor issue is overrated, I would have rather not worn one in Junior but it wasnt such a big deal. They are grown men, the only way that they are going to make them wear them is if the league institutes it (which would never happen with Goodenow and the NHLPA) or if owners write it into contracts (that players wouldnt sign)

Lets move onto the topic of the league wanting a salarie cap.
    Last edited by colinderksen; 02-09-2004 at 03:45 AM.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

The whole fucking sport of NHL has gone downhill FAST in the past couple years... Everyone plays dirty its seems like (some more than others)... Its only common sense to wear a visor for eye protection... For the guys who never use to wear one and have gotten smoked in the face are pretty much wearing one now, and they admit that they would prefer not to becuz they fog up, get water on them, etc but they value their health enuf to wear it....

but really.....................................................................

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

but not every visor player is a pussy that does nasty stick work and plays dirty.
    That's why I said often

Colin Derksen is right though. It's sweet that guys like Domi wear one but will rip it off to scrap - that's how it should be done

Originally posted by colinderksen
    A. Cant get hit with a McInnis slapshot, he's injured.
    B. Who cares who wears a visor,if they want to no big deal. Domi is now wearing one and when he wants to fight he just throws off his bucket. Look at the replays of the eye injuries, how many would have been saved by a visor....NONE. No sticks are going straight at you they come from the bottom. So they would just go under the visor.
    I like somethings Cherry says and disagree with him too, my main annoyance is the CBC's campaign of "Lets only talk about and cover the Leafs". It makes me sick to see them every single week and have to hear about them. Half the visors now are only 4" long, it barely covers anything anyways.
    This visor issue is overrated, I would have rather not worn one in Junior but it wasnt such a big deal. They are grown men, the only way that they are going to make them wear them is if the league institutes it (which would never happen with Goodenow and the NHLPA) or if owners write it into contracts (that players wouldnt sign)

Lets move onto the topic of the league wanting a salarie cap.
    Haha, Iginla can take over the duty of pelting him then.

Totally agreed on the Leafs thing. I don't get cable, I only get the double header on Saturday on CBC so I get mighty pissed when I see coverage of the fucking leafs over a western team, only time I'll watch the Leafs game is if one of the best teams in the league is playing them or another Canadian team is playing. The Leafs represent shitty goon hockey, the decline of the NHL.
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

man hes said worse shit, no need to get touchy over it.

don cherries a fuckin idiot. he knows a lot about hockey? how you figure? he played the sport professionaly for ONE year ?! wow. that almost makes me blow my was on his professionalism. look at all his videos, all he gives 2 shits about is people hitting other peeps, not the sport itself. he doesnt give credit to the higher scorer's or the good players, he focuses all his attention on the "TOUGH GUYS" lol you know the guys with no teeth.

and i believe his comment is north amercan players are tough guys, not like those european and french sissies.

right cause they play the sport for the right reason

i personally think there should be a salary cap... lets face it, they're being paid MILLIONS for playing a sport. a sport where if any of us wants to play in a league, we hafta PAY to be in it.

wtf is with that?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    i personally think there should be a salary cap... lets face it, they're being paid MILLIONS for playing a sport. a sport where if any of us wants to play in a league, we hafta PAY to be in it.

wtf is with that?
    What about other sports... I am gonna use golf as an example, even if ppl on here don't think of it as a "Sport". But the PGA players makes loads of cash.. but they aren't getting paid by a team.. they win there earnings. if you play like shit, you get paid like shit, if you win, you WIN!!

I agree that there should be a salary cap... but it gets iffy when you compare world class players to your local bantam hockey team...

My Ride
    X3 3.0, CLK500, FZR600

76% of any and all NHL revenues are spent on player salaries...Clearly the league is messed and needs reforms!
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    Listen fam, she had a big rack of lamb
    And they caused mad problems like math exams
    Ask my man, her tits caused traffic jams

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast