Quantcast
has anyone ever changed the stripe on del sol seats?? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: has anyone ever changed the stripe on del sol seats??

Question has anyone ever changed the stripe on del sol seats??

Hey everyone! The red stripe on my seats don't match my interior so i'm looking at my options for changing them... has anyone ever done this? complete re-upholstering is less than $500can and just upholstering the stripes costs about $300can... is there another cheaper method that will look good? I'm a little iffy on the fabric dye option, unless someone has done it with no problems...

thanks in advance!

what color is your car?

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Yup my friend has white and black seats, Dsolgrl, PM me, I can hook you up witha good upholstry place

Originally posted by rage2
    Can someone who speaks brown please translate this for me please?

outside is gunmetal and interior is black with silver/aluminum momo stuff...

My Ride
    2000 SLK

I hope your car is not being painted right now at some body shop i was at today. There were a few people at the shop that were talking about this black del sol that was to be painted "GUNMETAL". All I heard and I kinda agree with the guys and girl that were there, that the car would definately be "RICE".
    That del sol will clash and shout RICE with the weak wheels and a GUNMETAL paint job. And i'm not sure what this person is gonna do with the car, but usually when you get a paintjob like that, it should have more of just a stock look.........bodykit maybe?
    "My boyfriend just bought an IS300 with similar "GUNMETAL" paint,
    like i said hopefully thats not your car, but why make an older car something that its not?"

Thats what that girl was saying with her friends.
    Last edited by importbabe; 09-18-2002 at 05:43 PM.

holy shit, that was the dumbest fucking thing ive ever heard! Benny! give her a nice picture with a retard or something..haha
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

Originally posted by importbabe
    I hope your car is not being painted right now at some body shop i was at today. There were a few people at the shop that were talking about this black del sol that was to be painted "GUNMETAL". All I heard and I kinda agree with the guys and girl that were there, that the car would definately be "RICE".
    That del sol will clash and shout RICE with the weak wheels and a GUNMETAL paint job. And i'm not sure what this person is gonna do with the car, but usually when you get a paintjob like that, it should have more of just a stock look.........bodykit maybe?
    like i said hopefully thats not your car, but why make an older car something that its not?"

What's wrong with repainting a car?
    Not everyone can afford a new car when their paint fades...

My Ride
    2000 SLK

When i said i agreed with what those people were saying at the shop, all i was agreeing on was that the paint would clash with the rims. The rest of what i wrote, was what they said.

mmm hmmmmmmm "my boyfriend has a IS 300 WITH REAL GUNMETAL PAINT OK!!!!! like ahhhhhh"
    http://www.sfu.ca/~joh/teg/fastlane.gif

if someone wants to repaint their car a is considered rice now? my god. you have to understand not everyone can afford to drive around in is300's, slk's, s2k's,...etc or even expensive rims for that matter.

dsolgirl.. if your car isn't painted yet i would go get it back and take it to a different shop to do it.

"clash with weak wheels" what would be considered weak wheels? even this is new to me.
    Last edited by 2000impreza; 09-18-2002 at 06:07 PM.

Blue Devil Guest

Weak wheels ?? ??

My Ride
    O.P.P.

like i said hopefully thats not your car, but why make an older car something that its not?"Thats what that girl was saying with her friends.
    First off, your reply is OTWhy would you even post that event?? A car is modded to the OWNER'S content and satisfaction, not the general public. This should actually be posted in the "Street Encounters" section if you don't have any info or advice on the topic at hand: "has anyone ever changed the stripe on del sol seats??"
    Originally posted by importbabe "My boyfriend just bought an IS300 with similar "GUNMETAL" paint, [/B]
    WTF does this have to do with this thread OR your OT post???
    And BTW dsolgirl, go with an upholstery shop and do the whole seat(s), especially if it's cheaper than just doing the stripe.

Blue Devil Guest

110% agree with cocoabrova

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

HOLY SHIT her boyfriend got an IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sheeeeet bow down, this is the most blunt and snobby post I have ever read, and if you heard this from the body shop why dont you keep it to yourself, Fuck what do you mean "why make an older car something its not?" thats like saying why do you get a haircut to make your self look decent. Other people have rights too , its like youre trying to take them away, if your comments are NEGATIVE or STUPID keep them to yourself

P.S. Please dont interupt dsolgirls post
    Last edited by shadowz; 09-18-2002 at 06:34 PM.

ignore the conceit and arrogance! ...your del sol must look really good!
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Default Re: has anyone ever changed the stripe on del sol seats??

Originally posted by dsolgirl
    Hey everyone! The red stripe on my seats don't match my interior so i'm looking at my options for changing them... has anyone ever done this? complete re-upholstering is less than $500can and just upholstering the stripes costs about $300can... is there another cheaper method that will look good? I'm a little iffy on the fabric dye option, unless someone has done it with no problems...

thanks in advance!
    I used to have a delsol, you can check out www.teamsol.com for tech tips about how to paint the stripe different color, you can also try asking questions at www.darksol.com, hope that helps

well! i feel like i've missed alot in the last few hours! shall i begin?

1. thanks importbabe, for taking the time to reply to my post (although it wasn't a reply to my posted question)
    2. nice of you to pass on the information you came across, but personally, i don't care to hear obsurd remarks like those you noted. everyone has different opinions on what looks good and what does not and that is why you see such variation in modded cars. how boring would this past-time be for us if every modded car out there looked exactly the same?
    3. i agree with roland - this whole 'rice' thing is getting out of hand! pretty soon just driving a plain old honda is going to be considered rice.
    4. i believe that modifying cars is a very self-rewarding 'hobby'. and i hate to see people's cars being cut down un-necessarily because someone else would rather see it done another way.
    5. my bad... i must have missed the announcement that said that cars 1993 and older must stay as is...
    6. i understand that you did not say these things and that you are just quoting, but i agree with nick, comments that are just plain negative and stupid should be kept to yourself. people, including you, can think all they want about my car, my car is for me, not to please everyone else. how stupid would it be to ask you what i should do to make you happy and then spend my money to make my car look the way you want it - f*ck that.

ahhh i feel much betta...
    btw, thanks everyone for your posts and also for those about.... ummm.... ummm... uhhhh.... oh ya! my seats! that's what this thread is supposed to be about! (i 120% agree with cocoa-da-man)
    Last edited by dsolgirl; 09-19-2002 at 12:02 AM.

Originally posted by dsolgirl

well! i feel like i've missed alot in the last few hours! shall i begin?

1. thanks importbabe, for taking the time to reply to my post (although it wasn't a reply to my posted question)
    2. nice of you to pass on the information you came across, but personally, i don't care to hear obsurd remarks like those you noted. everyone has different opinions on what looks good and what does not and that is why you see such variation in modded cars. how boring would this past-time be for us if every modded car out there looked exactly the same?
    4. i agree with roland - this whole 'rice' thing is getting out of hand! pretty soon just driving a plain old honda is going to be considered rice.
    5. i believe that modifying cars is a very self-rewarding 'hobby'. and i hate to see people's cars being cut down un-necessarily because someone else would rather see it done another way.
    6. my bad... i must have missed the announcement that said that cars 1993 and older must stay as is...
    7. i understand that you did not say these things and that you are just quoting, but i agree with nick, comments that are just plain negative and stupid should be kept to yourself. people, including you, can think all they want about my car, my car is for me, not to please everyone else. how stupid would it be to ask you what i should do to make you happy and then spend my money to make my car look the way you want it - f*ck that.

ahhh i feel much betta...
    btw, thanks everyone for your posts and also for those about.... ummm.... ummm... uhhhh.... oh ya! my seats! that's what this thread is supposed to be about! (i 120% agree with cocoa-da-man)
    do what you like! I just want to know...

What happened to #3?

Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

do what you like! I just want to know...

What happened to #3?
    #3 was: oh sh*t, i forgot number 3... my bad, thanks!

My Ride
    UCF20/R35

Yes Christina let pimp this gunmetal sol!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast