Quantcast
Batman premier shooting in Denver, 14 dead - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Batman premier shooting in Denver, 14 dead

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by dj_patm

Maybe it's because they were confused and getting sprayed with gunfire in a dark smokefilled room and shooting back was probably going to hurt more innocent people...
    That what I was saying. There WERE armed people in that theatre, and it didn't help.

So all the bafoons crying "if only we had MORE guns this shit wouldn't happen"..... well anyway

But it did help the assailant, he bought all his weapons and ammo legally and easily.

Stupidity at it's finest.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by JLau
    didnt his gun get jammed?

I am willing to bet this guy is pretending to have psychological problems, so his sentence will get reduced and he will be let out early.
    His semi did Jam, he had two handguns and a shotgun as well though with tons of ammo.

He seems to have gone back, and sat in his car to wait for the cops.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by JLau
    didnt his gun get jammed?

I am willing to bet this guy is pretending to have psychological problems, so his sentence will get reduced and he will be let out early.
    Which is stupid.

I don't care what mental issues someone has, even if they are not in control of their actions and can be cured... If you go on a rampage like this you should automatically get a death sentence.

You are just unfit for society. We kill animals that attack humans, why not humans that kill multiple humans without remorse like this?

Originally posted by LollerBrader

I really don't understand why no one shot back at him. I don't want to be all monday-morning quarterback, but with the number of Americans carrying guns, it seems quite surprising to me.
    LOL, do you really think a large proportion of people are constantly armed in the US? you watch too much tv.

Originally posted by LollerBrader

I really don't understand why no one shot back at him. I don't want to be all monday-morning quarterback, but with the number of Americans carrying guns, it seems quite surprising to me.
    There was tear gas, and absolute chaos I'm sure (people running & screaming).

Trying to shoot a gun in a life & death situation is something you can't really prepare for, and most people probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were truly scared for their life. Not to mention all the people pushing, shoving, bumping into them, etc. I'm guessing unless you were super close to the guy it would be pretty hard to do anything. Also the longer you stay in there trying to shoot him, the greater the chance of you getting shot.

That's just speculation though, who knows what it was really like in there.

My Ride
    05 Civic

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

There was tear gas, and absolute chaos I'm sure (people running & screaming).

Trying to shoot a gun in a life & death situation is something you can't really prepare for, and most people probably couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were truly scared for their life. Not to mention all the people pushing, shoving, bumping into them, etc. I'm guessing unless you were super close to the guy it would be pretty hard to do anything. Also the longer you stay in there trying to shoot him, the greater the chance of you getting shot.

That's just speculation though, who knows what it was really like in there.
    Probably far worse than you described.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Plus its fine to discuss if 1 person has a gun and they shoot the gunman, but just think ...

What if 20 people have guns and some open fire at him... in a dark theater with tear gas.

Then in the darkness someone with a gun gets disorientated and now sees someone shooting someone else and opens fire. Except that they are shooting the 'innocent' person not the gun man.

Now you have freaked out people with guns seeing another person killing an innocent and open fire on him

and so on ...

Everyone having guns isn't the answer ... its the same mentality of the cold war. If everyone has weapons then no one would use them right?

Originally posted by Toma

That what I was saying. There WERE armed people in that theatre, and it didn't help.

Cinemark (the Company that own's the theatre in Aurora) has a no firearms policy, no-one except law enforcement officers are allowed to carry in any of their theatres.

So no, there was no one except the psycho with firearms in the theatre.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

To the people claiming it doesn't matter if guns are illegal and that he would have found a way to kill all those people if he really wanted.........it doesn't seem like he wanted to kill them at all. It was the even that peaked his interest, the image of opening up on a crowd with an AR15 just like the Joker would do that attracted him. If his other option was to club people in the head with a stick I bet he wouldn't be as stoked to do it.

To the people that said the cops should have just shot him on scene without asking questions, this is one of the dumbest ever. What if the gunman put the armour on one of the citizens, duct taped the gun into their hands and sat them in his car in the parking lot?
    "Well officer, why did you shoot this innocent person?"
    "Uh, I thought he was the gunman, my mistake."

To the people claiming you shouldn't be allowed to own this many guns and it's a sign they'll one day go ballistic.......my ex has 12 handguns and 7 shotguns, she's not lighting up any movie theatres.

And I'll repeat the baby shouldn't have been there, I hate that, movies have age ratings for a reason. I had to sit through this whiner right behind me at the Fast 5 premiere.

Disclaimer - Bringing babies to adult rated movies does not warrant death.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

My Ride
    M3P

Originally posted by Hamann

Cinemark (the Company that own's the theatre in Aurora) has a no firearms policy, no-one except law enforcement officers are allowed to carry in any of their theatres.

So no, there was no one except the psycho with firearms in the theatre.
    Umm what?

LOL - Dude came in and opened fire on these people, do you think everyone listens to rules?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 03:53 PM.

I have been to numerous Cinemark theatres in Colorado, all my buddies with concealed carry permits would most definately not think twice about walking into a theatre strapped.. most of the kids I know with their CCP take there pistols into class with them.. It would be stupid to think that no body in the theatre had a firearm.

Also, that Mar person is totally out to lunch. I think they might need their head checked.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by AudiPWR
    I have been to numerous Cinemark theatres in Colorado, all my buddies with concealed carry permits would most definately not think twice about walking into a theatre strapped.. most of the kids I know with their CCP take there pistols into class with them.. It would be stupid to think that no body in the theatre had a firearm.

Also, that Mar person is totally out to lunch. I think they might need their head checked.
    Ditto, my dad worked in Denver for years, and no one "left their firearms" at home if they went to a movie lol

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    The one that stole your house right? She sounds like a peach!
    Never dated her. Her friend.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Originally posted by AudiPWR

Well I just did a little more digging, Cinemark does have a no gun policy, but it carries no legal weight. "No Firearms" signs in Colorado only matter if the location is specified off limits in state law.

Pretty Nifty site http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/colorado.pdf

Many people here think (or are trying to make it appear as though) 90% of the US population is carrying guns everywhere they go. That is blatantly incorrect. The fact is that the vast, vast majority of people don't carry guns on them everywhere they go, and in fact only small fraction of a percent of US citizens have concealed carry permits.

In Colorado, for example, less than 0.3% of the population has a concealed carry permit. AudiPWR, you claim to have all kinds of buddies that carry guns with them to class, etc. You're either BSing, or you hang out with people who are exceptionally "not normal"; either way, you should not be using your weirdo friends to characterize Americans. Same with your dad, Toma, although I have to say that wouldn't be too surprising given your political views.

But IMO, both of your comments are just contributing to the fear mongering and misperceptions surrounding this incident, and US gun control in general.
    Last edited by FixedGear; 07-25-2012 at 12:56 PM.

My Ride
    Genesis 2.0T

What I don't undestand is why people keep asking if it was a no carry zone, or if they had metal detectors. THIS GUY broke in through an emergency exit in the back.. it didn't matter what precautions the theater had in place, none of them would have mattered.

The audience having guns was also an invalid option as 2 canisters of tear gas were let loose, not to mention it being dark (we all know how much light is in there during a movie) as well as most of them stating they thought it was part of the act (which means nobody was even remotely phased until it was too late)

To further my response to the question about "why" he stopped:

Holmes allegedly tossed tear gas canisters into the crowded theater, and then fired his 12-gauge shotgun at the ceiling before turning it on the crowd. As panicked movie watchers raced for the exits, he switched to a .40 Glock pistol and a .223 Smith & Wesson M&P semi-automatic with a high-capacity drum clip, sources told Fox News. The gun jammed, likely preventing far more deaths.

After the gun jammed, Holmes allegedly walked out of the theater through the door he'd entered and was removing his body armor beside his car when he was confronted by the officers who took him down, the source said,

My Ride
    2013 Toyota RAV4

Originally posted by Royle9
    After the gun jammed, Holmes allegedly walked out of the theater through the door he'd entered and was removing his body armor
    I don't know if this hasn't been pointed out yet, but he was wearing body armor. It sounded like he was protected head to toe, so even if people in the crowd started shooting back it probably wouldn't have done a whole lot...

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Originally posted by got_mike33

I don't know if this hasn't been pointed out yet, but he was wearing body armor. It sounded like he was protected head to toe, so even if people in the crowd started shooting back it probably wouldn't have done a whole lot...
    To be honest, I think it would have.

A gun shot, even with armour, can kill. He would at least be winded and stunned for a bit. Enough to maybe take him down with additional shots or for more people to get out.

I still think shooting back would lead to more innocent victims though.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by got_mike33

He even had a crotch guard. Prepared.

Not sure if this was linked yet, but they found a journal that he sent to a psych professor earlier in July. It had the massacre planned out and even illustrated:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/07/25...age-mailed-to/
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast