Quantcast
car2go - Page 33 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: car2go

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I wouldn't pay to take the train to Sunnyside (or Stampede station either) for one , and 2) depending where you go on the time of day, I could just uber and not have to worry about trying to find a car2go and park it when it's busy.

Sure not paying is fine and all, but then you risk a ticket.

But you said there are better methods now.. Your uber example is over twice the price so I am unsure how that is better.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Fair enough, then I just don't like the business model and them trying to market it as a benefit to customers.

I'd rather them keep the deductible as $1000 instead of charging people so it can be $250.

I stopped using Car2Go after too much frustration with phantom cars on the map. I wasted more time looking for cars that didn't exist than it did to just walk to where I needed to go. Haven't been in a Car2Go in close to 2 years I don't think. Maybe they've upgraded their GPS tech since, I don't know.

Yeah, I stopped using Car2Go after the $1 insurance fee went in. I could be lazy and take it a few blocks for $2-3 before, but now with the fee hikes and insurance, every trip is minimum $5 for me. The price of being lazy became too high.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Ever since the $1 is in place, it doesn't work for me any more.

1.5hr of street parking is $7.50

Car2go 2 way from 17th Ave to 3rd Ave is now closer to $11.

May as well drive my own car and pay on street rate.

When they switched from a fleet of absolute garbage (gen 1 smart cars) to nice MB's, something was bound to change in the pricing scheme haha.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When they switched from a fleet of absolute garbage (gen 1 smart cars) to nice MB's, something was bound to change in the pricing scheme haha.
    MBs are 6cents more per minute than Smart cars.

But yeah, sometimes those GLAs do come in handy. 6hrs and 200km for $70 including fuel. Great vehicle to help people move without damaging your own car.

A uhaul cube van will be close to $80+insurance+fuel assumming you only use it for 100km.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-31-2018 at 04:29 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post

But yeah, sometimes those GLAs do come in handy. 6hrs and 200km for $70 including fuel. Great vehicle to help people move without damaging your own car.

A uhaul cube van will be close to $80+insurance+fuel assumming you only use it for 100km.
    The uhauls are a daily rate PLUS $0.89/km... they get damn pricy!

Ever since the $1 is in place, it doesn't work for me any more.
    Same.
    Did quick math and they're are making a massive fortune with this modification vs. user having to pay the deductible on an accident.
    There should be a incentive for people with good records under the car2go membership.

The longer trips seem to make more sense with the price caps. My typical use of a Car2Go was 5-10 minutes of driving, tops.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

car2go merges with BMW's Drive-Now. I see news of Vancouver's fleet getting switched over to BMWs, but no indication of if and when that will trickle to other cities.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/car2...share-now-2019

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I haven't used car2go for a while, Found when the modified the pricing that it just wasn't cheap enough to justify. When it first came out, it was cheaper than the bus for me to get downtown.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I haven't used car2go for a while, Found when the modified the pricing that it just wasn't cheap enough to justify. When it first came out, it was cheaper than the bus for me to get downtown.
    It's average $5 a trip now for a 10-12min ride. It used to be around $3-$4, then they added a $1 insurance levy for the 1st 200 trips of the year.

I doubt they will use BMW vehicles in Canada.

It's average $5 a trip now for a 10-12min ride. It used to be around $3-$4, then they added a $1 insurance levy for the 1st 200 trips of the year.
    Still ~1/3 the price of a cab I guess for a similar duration trip. I haven't used Car2Go in a long time though, too many problems with phantom bookings that I don't even bother anymore unless I can see the actual car - I'd rather call an Uber than walk around for 10 minutes only to find the vehicle doesn't exist. If you see one on the street though and happen to need one, it's nice to have the option.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you do find one in the winter, it'll take five minutes to warm up, you'll need to scrape the windows too. Cab or Uber probably ends up cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

If you do find one in the winter, it'll take five minutes to warm up, you'll need to scrape the windows too. Cab or Uber probably ends up cheaper.
    Less horrible with heated seats but ya better bundled up for the Smart Cars. CLA/GLA are way better in winter.

My Ride
    FB6

I've seen people get into a frozen one and just floor it in park to warm it up. I really wonder how long the cars will last when people do this.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I haven't used Car2Go in a long time though, too many problems with phantom bookings that I don't even bother anymore unless I can see the actual car - I'd rather call an Uber than walk around for 10 minutes only to find the vehicle doesn't exist
    You have got such unfortunate luck my friend. I think that has happened once or twice in all my years of using it lol.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    You have got such unfortunate luck my friend. I think that has happened once or twice in all my years of using it lol.
    It might be better now, this was primarily when they used the crappy gen 1 smart cars and they were only slowly phasing in the B250's. The people I worked with at the time had the exact same complaints as me as we were all trying to get cars in the same area (North DT core basically). I don't think it was bad luck at all, just crappy GPS implementation likely hindered by the super tall buildings everywhere. I hope its better now, but I have learned my lesson and I won't use one unless I can see it. I mostly just Uber anyway, especially in the winter - I want to get into a warm car.

Quote Originally Posted by realazy View Post
    I've seen people get into a frozen one and just floor it in park to warm it up. I really wonder how long the cars will last when people do this.
    People do the same with leases, rentals, and work vehicles haha. There is no consequence so they just do it. Saw an old lady doing exactly that in a brand new vehicle in the Safeway parking lot the other day haha - no clue what the vehicle ownership scenario was though.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-04-2019 at 05:21 PM.

Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 ... LastLast