Quantcast
Allen Edmonds Shoes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Allen Edmonds Shoes

Default Allen Edmonds Shoes

I've recently invested in a couple pairs of these shoes after replacing countless shitty $100-150 shoes I buy from Town shoes or whatever. I was tired of my shoes turning green after a few months of inside-only use.

My research pointed me towards these shoes, and I like that you seem to be paying for the quality rather than any brand name.

Anyways I thought I would pass on the info for their "factory seconds" store. These shoes all have some minor flaw that you will probably never notice, or get anyways after a couple days of wearing a 'flawless' pair, and are significantly cheaper.

Just email [email protected] and get them to send you a list of what they have available in your size. For size & styles, you can look on their website or go to Brooks Brothers, and they carry re-branded Allen Edmonds shoes there you can look at in person. They are $410/pair at Brooks Brothers compared to $269/pair for most shoes at the Shoebank. I find the shoes fit small (I am normally size 10.5-11 and I needed 10.0 D in AE). Sometimes they have 2 for $300 deals as well, but I haven't seen one yet.

Shipping is $25 + $10 for additional pair, and you will need to pay GST on them when they arrive.

Cedar shoe trees are 2 for $35

Polishes are $9

Matching belts are available too ($98 for plain, $115 for matching perforations to the shoe)

Re-soleing is $125

I don't work for them or anything, I just wanted to pass along the savings potential. This is different than going to their website and buying from the states, but rather buying from their factory seconds outlet in Port Washington.

Also if this is violating any forum rules or anything let me know, I just wanted to pass along the savings to anyone looking for new shoes.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 07-23-2013 at 05:11 PM.

My Ride
    Car

If you want to try actual AE's on, O'Connor's stocks them. And the 1700 page appreciation thread over at styleforum should be a good testament to their quality.

Word of warning though, some models tend to have their own fit - ie. neumora's generally run a little larger than the other AE's. That said, I love the ones I've got. Honestly don't think I'll ever buy another brand, no matter how much money I think I have.

Didn't know about shoebank though, will definitely check them out next time!

My Ride
    Exploded.

Allen Edmonds shoes make great shoes. I love the pair I bought from O'Connors.

Thanks for the tip! Will definitely be broke after this.

Harry Rosen also carry them. As mentinoned before the shoes can fit differently depending on which last they are built on. I have a pair of Dalton boots which are on the 1 last and a pair of the Fifth Avenue's which are on the 5 last. In the boots I wear an 8D and in the shoes a 7.5E. Unless you know your sizing on a particular last it's best to try them on somewhere.

Nordstroms also carry them and apparently have prety good sales so I'm hoping they do the same when they arrive up here. Speaking of sales, AE have an annual sale usually at the end of September where almost everything, including seconds, are on sale. When I bought my Fifth Avenue's I was hoping to get a pair of seconds on sale. I called them up but they didn't have any seconds, or firsts in my size so they had a pair made for me and sent them out. The phone number for Shoe Bank if you prefer to call is 1-262-284-7158

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I could use another decent pair of shoes. My favourites for the last ten years have been a pair made by Red Wing, but they don't make dress shoes any more. Made the mistake of buying some Denver Hayes shoes on clearance, and while the rpice was low, the quality is garbage. No idea how they made them so unbreathable, feels like the put a layer of tarp between the leather layers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

There are some AEs on sale at Nordstroms for their anniversary sale right now. http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/annivers...e=&segmentId=0

Strand and PA for $229. AE stores will also price match Nordstroms for this sale and both will ship to Canada
    heloc that shit

The Nordstroms sale is pretty good, slightly cheaper than I got at the Shoebank actually.

AEs at Nordstroms are firsts, not seconds, so it's a better deal overall
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Best dress/work shoe period. I too would buy Calvin kleins, Hugo boss etc from browns etc; only to deal with mediocre quality. My AE should last 10+ more years
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

I just gave the outlet a call and they refunded me the difference compared to Nordstroms. Very easy to deal with. Also my shoes arrived today, which was ONE DAY shipping...very impressive.

Maybe I'll have to grab a 3rd pair from Nordstroms haha.

you're still getting seconds. you should have cancelled your shoebank order and called an AE store for the match on firsts.
    heloc that shit

Originally posted by lint
    you're still getting seconds. you should have cancelled your shoebank order and called an AE store for the match on firsts.
    I realize that, but the shoes are sitting at my house right now haha. Too late to cancel & reorder unless I want to pay shipping to send them back, negating any savings.

Also, it looks like Nordstroms only has the strands in Walnut, and I wanted a pair in black as well, so I don't know if that would matter for any sort of price match.

Maybe I'll just grab some factory first McAlisters for $229 to make myself feel better haha.

ah, didn't see that you had already received them
    heloc that shit

the walnut strands are probably my favourite looking shoe.

i dont have anything to wear them with though so i put them for sale.

the mcalister is nice too i have those in burgundy.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

What does firsts vs seconds mean?
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Seconds have some minor flaw with them. Most of the time you can't tell unless you really look for it. However, it's there and the factory have deemed them not to a high enough standard to sell as firsts.
    Firsts are basically anything you can pick up retail

AE is having a 2 for $250 on all clearance models until Aug 4th. email [email protected] for stock
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Car

Originally posted by lint
    AE is having a 2 for $250 on all clearance models until Aug 4th. email [email protected] for stock
    Dang. How do you find out about these things? Just when I'm trying to save money haha

Discussed over in the AE Appreciation thread at Style Forum. Some pretty good deals, but I just picked up a pair of Alden Chukkas, so I'm holding off.
    heloc that shit

My Ride
    Car

Nice, I'm seriously in love with the Strands so hoping they're on the list (doubtful). I got a reply in about 10 minutes when I first emailed them, now 3 hours and still no list in my sizes

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast