Quantcast
Massage Chairs - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Massage Chairs

My Ride
    BMW

Default Massage Chairs

Has anyone bought or tried robomassage's massage chairs? the same ones they sell at BODO? I am looking at a few different brands right now

Osaki
    Titan
    Canadian Massaging Chairs
    Panasonic
    BODO EOS and Inaga lineup

Any expertise advice would be great. Thanks

My Ride
    14frs,06Tacoma,69Olds Vista Cruiser, 73VWwestfalia

Mines not on your list. If it helps, I can tell you I have a Sanyo, It cost about $3500. We had it for two years now and I never regretted a day. It gets used every day by at least one member of the family and at any function in the house it is never empty.

The point I'm getting at is it is very dependable and worth the money.

Like big A, I too had a Sanyo but gave it to my parents as they were having some back issues. The thing is not easy to move so looks like they will have it for a long time. The Sanyo is terrific, the only thing I wish it had, heating in the butt and back area, it does have heat on the soles of your feet though. Very worthwhile purchase, it might be easier for me to buy a new chair than get back the old one.

If you have people over, you can bet the chair is full the entire time. I used it two or three times a day, I do not have a bad back or anything, just so relaxing watching TV, beer in hand.

So for my 2 cents, get one with heat (leather can be cold) and I would say an extended warranty as there are more than a dozen motors in the beasts. A remote control is a must have as well.

T and T mall in the NW has a massage chair store in the supermarket and another connected to the mall.

Kijiji is flush with chairs:
    http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-massage-c...earchFormZtrue

My Ride
    BMW

from what i have read from reviews so far, sanyo is the most reliable, osaki best warranty, EOS most features and best bang for your buck

All of the ones i have been looking at has all the heat functions with zero gravity technology, i dont care for mp3 player (they say it is the best way to help you relax during massage), because i have a dozen of music players at home.

I think all those 3 are pretty good, i am gonna try them out and see.

Thanks for the reviews

My Ride
    E46 M3

Any other suggestions? GF wants to get one for her parents. Leaning towards EOS.

I've always wanted one of these things haha. I also always see them for like 50-70% off at places like Visions, so I would think it's one of those things where nobody pays anywhere near retail.

Looking for a massage chair. The nice ones are crazy expensive. Any advice on how to find good deals.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Inada Sogno Dreamwave

2 years ago I went on an exhaustive hunt to find a massage chair for my parents for Christmas. I went to all of the stores and had tested every single model with no prejudice as to brand name, etc. What I found out is that every high-end model out there give the weakest massages and try to make up for it with gadgets, inflating pillows, different programming, or invasive prostate exam (seriously, some perverted Japanese motor started moving down there).

I was extremely disappointed because my mom gets claustrophobic with chairs that "pull you in and hold your arms & legs" and my dad specifically requires deep tissue massage (from an injury) . He spends a ton of time and money getting beat up by probably the strongest massage therapists in the city; so forking over +$10k for a chair that remotely comes close would probably be a bargain in his eyes. So I went to some store in CrossIron (can't recall) and tried out some of their chairs. They had one where you could remove most of the padding on the back, and man could this thing wail on you. Think Steven Segal (in prime form) taking disagreement with your spine.

So IIRC I ended up buying the Chuck Norris chair for less than $1500, and got another more expensive (weak massage) one for my Mom.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

We have an Ashioto. utter garbage. 2 years in and half the motors don't work.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by e31
    2 years ago I went on an exhaustive hunt to find a massage chair for my parents for Christmas. I went to all of the stores and had tested every single model with no prejudice as to brand name, etc. What I found out is that every high-end model out there give the weakest massages and try to make up for it with gadgets, inflating pillows, different programming, or invasive prostate exam (seriously, some perverted Japanese motor started moving down there).

I was extremely disappointed because my mom gets claustrophobic with chairs that "pull you in and hold your arms & legs" and my dad specifically requires deep tissue massage (from an injury) . He spends a ton of time and money getting beat up by probably the strongest massage therapists in the city; so forking over +$10k for a chair that remotely comes close would probably be a bargain in his eyes. So I went to some store in CrossIron (can't recall) and tried out some of their chairs. They had one where you could remove most of the padding on the back, and man could this thing wail on you. Think Steven Segal (in prime form) taking disagreement with your spine.

So IIRC I ended up buying the Chuck Norris chair for less than $1500, and got another more expensive (weak massage) one for my Mom.
    What is this Chuck Norris chair you speak of? I'm thinking of getting one for my parents this Christmas.

The massage chair store at T&T Harvest Hills is no moar.

My Ride
    Mitsubishi

I had an iComfort IC1115 I bough from a liquidation store in Airdrie. Was a pretty good chair and had tones of features and the option of augmenting it further with arm attachments and stuff. Retails online for $2600 but I got mine for 50% off. It was a great chair.

My Ride
    BMW

Originally posted by jwslam
    We have an Ashioto. utter garbage. 2 years in and half the motors don't work.
    My parents have a Ashioto, been 5 yrs, still works perfectly fine.

Panasonic probably makes one of the best massage chairs

I'm looking at massage chairs right now. Who sells them these days other than bodo?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Those chairs look awesome. Can anyone comment on how "deep" these can go? I'm more used to the therapeutic massage than the gentle relaxation type. You know, the kind that is so hard it hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I tried the Inada sogno dreamwave at bodo and it was OK. It didn't go as deep as I would like and is missing things like accupoint massage and foot rollers. For $8500 I'd expect it to have EVERYTHING. I'd like to find a place to try the fujita kn9003.

I wonder if a Montana purchase might be a frugal way around these crazy local prices? From Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Osaki-OS-4000-...tr_16303021_19

Impressive visually, bit scary actually. Ship to Sweetgrass and pick it up.
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 05-04-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess
    I wonder if a Montana purchase might be a frugal way around these crazy local prices? From Amazon:

I would be in for a group buy if this got arranged somehow.
    2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    335i

Sign me up for a Montana run too. SpikerS?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by CanmoreOrLess

How does that work? What address do you send it to?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast