Quantcast
U of Calgary MBA Part Time 2012 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: U of Calgary MBA Part Time 2012

My Ride
    R8, TTRS, VW BUS, E30 VERT, RAM

Ah that's too bad, I'll make sure to avoid that one.

Ah c'mon, I'm going to look extra pervy but I think it's a great cause! You're a married man right, chicks love moustache rides :rofl

Having some trouble recruiting people within the program, none of the international students understand it.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 11-01-2018 at 12:48 PM.

My Ride
    R8, TTRS, VW BUS, E30 VERT, RAM

Does the MBA program get any better? Just wrapping up the first semester and between the quality of professors and material, the whole program has been an absolute joke and waste of my time. The accounting course is the only useful thing to me so far.

So far I had MGST 611 - managerial Econ, OBHR 601 - .org behaviour, MGST 623 - managerial modeling, SGMA 601 - strategic mgmt, BSEB 777 - business law, ACCT 601 - accounting.

Beginning to feel that my time is much better spent doing other things..

My Ride
    C63S

Managerial Econ was pretty unorganized, strategic management was terrible.

Accounting was good (but I hear this Varys significant by prof), I had OBHR with Justin which was pretty fluffy but ended up being a lot of work in a topic I had never really addressed before.

I haven’t taken 777 (but I think my 777 is different than yours since the program requirements have changed.

I really got a lot out of the finance courses personally.

Overall I maintain that you get out of the courses what you want to, if they don’t interest you I doubt you will get much out of them.

I also took them at a much different pace (2-3 at a time in the evening) rather than full time.
    Last edited by killramos; 12-04-2018 at 05:45 PM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does the MBA program get any better? Just wrapping up the first semester and between the quality of professors and material, the whole program has been an absolute joke and waste of my time. The accounting course is the only useful thing to me so far.

So far I had MGST 611 - managerial Econ, OBHR 601 - .org behaviour, MGST 623 - managerial modeling, SGMA 601 - strategic mgmt, BSEB 777 - business law, ACCT 601 - accounting.

I have only had one dud course soo far. and that was ENTI 601 because the course instructor was crap. I took ENTI 783 (CDL) and MGST 715. The block week course was fairly interesting as well. The accelerated program has been pretty good with the students and quality of instructors has been good.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

haha I tell everyone I meet in their first semester to keep expectations low and you'll enjoy the program because the program is brutal lol.

That's just my opinion. Happy to be done soon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3