Rockyview Motorsports Park - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockyview Motorsports Park

My Ride
    Exploded.

Signed and posting in Facebook.

My Ride
    e39 ///M5 || MK7R

It is nice to get as many signatures as you can, but you can have a really good outcome if you can get people to come in during the public hearing and speak in favor of the application and give them a reason as to why you think this is great.
    KWVII Coilovers||Carbon Fiber Grille||20% Tint||Iforged Daytona||19X8 19X10||RDSport Race Exhaust||Vorsteiner Front Lip||Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser II||GP Thunders 8500K||ACS Roof Spoiler||CF Mirror Covers||

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by 2000TL
    It is nice to get as many signatures as you can, but you can have a really good outcome if you can get people to come in during the public hearing and speak in favor of the application and give them a reason as to why you think this is great.
    Not really the case in this regard. Many of people did that AGAINST the track and came off as:

1) Being repetitious
    2) Being emotional with none of their arguments being based in fact

This is a great way to show your support without pissing people off by repeating the same thing ad nauseum in a time sensitive meeting.

My Ride
    87 Supra 1JZGTE swapped

The lack of knowledge and understanding in these hearings on all these new tracks people are trying to get built is more then just a little (massively) frustrating.

I signed, we need a new race track in the area. The greater area has well over a million people, all the cash in this city and all these crazy cars everybody keeps building, yet our only track is now at the bottom of a landfill. Makes sense!

People shouldn't have to drive 3+ hours somewhere just to race safely. The cash/tax influx just from holding a few events has to be worth it and the city/prov/fed govt cant complain cause these are private ventures trying to start these race tracks.

Best of luck, ill be there with bellhousings on.

My Ride
    2002 BMW 325i

Thanks for the support everyone. As for people showing up in the presentation, im not sure what the plan is for that. The main people behind this track are very business savvy and intelligent and wont miss any steps along the way. Everything that can possibly be done to make this a positive outcome, will be done.

If you have questions, feel free to use the contact form on the website.

My Ride
    North Korean

is this the one that requires a membership to be allowed to drive on track?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by bowlofrice
    is this the one that requires a membership to be allowed to drive on track?

Badlands is the "high end" track.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Tik-Tok
    Badlands is the "high end" track.
    I think it's the other way around. Badlands offers track rentals for non members, while Rockyview will be a golf club ownership type of deal.

Either way, can't wait till either get off the ground!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    North Korean

rage give me your job so i can afford a membership :p

My Ride
    2002 BMW 325i

Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them. Although, i do hope it does happen as it would be a lot of fun to have a track choice.

RMP is going to be the high end track that is most likely to happen. There's a little bit more about what RMP is going to be doing for the community here: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/community/

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by egohost
    Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them. Although, i do hope it does happen as it would be a lot of fun to have a track choice.

RMP is going to be the high end track that is most likely to happen. There's a little bit more about what RMP is going to be doing for the community here: http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/community/
    Wait, what? I thought Badlands was way ahead of where RMP is today. Last I heard, RMP doesn't own the land (just an option to buy pending all approvals), nor has their application been heard publically, where as Badlands already has the land and the ASP approved.

edit - some details from Spring this year:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/cars/Co...481/story.html
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '03 S2000

That article appears to be correct.

Rockyview may be facing more resistance by NIMBY's in my estimation ... and history with the CKRC says they refused their track application near Beiseker a couple or so years ago so that does not set a very good precedent.

I wish it were easier to get a track built however it seems to be a favourite target of misinformation and somehow seen as an easy target for protesters etc (I think?). Motorsports seems to enjoy a bad boy reputation in Canada and maybe North America which it does not deserve IMHO.

This is something we need to work to change as motorsport enthusiasts .... the public perception. In my 30-odd years of involvement, the average motorsport enthusiast is not a hooligan of any sort and generally are a good bunch of people dedicated to a sport they love. The "other" perceptions, whatever they are (and they appear to be varied - e.g. rich boys with fancy cars .... who apparently are not adverse to taking short cuts on gravel roads .... and also will contribute to theft and vandalism in the area ... etc ... go figure, eh?), are simply not correct.

Reijo
    "I don't look for something; I find something" - Picasso

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by reijo

I wish it were easier to get a track built however it seems to be a favourite target of misinformation and somehow seen as an easy target for protesters etc (I think?). Motorsports seems to enjoy a bad boy reputation in Canada and maybe North America which it does not deserve IMHO.
    Mostly Canada. Every town of 10,000 people has a track in the USoA. I guess it's a little different down there though, as most of their tracks started out as WWII airports.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    it has wheels???

Default RMP

Originally posted by rage2

I think it's the other way around. Badlands offers track rentals for non members, while Rockyview will be a golf club ownership type of deal.

Either way, can't wait till either get off the ground!

It my understanding from my discussions with the principles of Rockyview Motorsports that they will be renting the track out to private groups (ie: organized lapping groups, driving schools, racing clubs....) as a private venture these revenue streams would necessary to function as a business.
    "Could you please turn down your car"- Ben

My Ride
    2002 BMW 325i

I obviously cant give out official details, and cant speak directly for RMP. (Though i am going to invite the RMP founders to participate in this thread to answer your questions more directly)

But, i can say that RMP has prospected the land, mapped elevations and actually designed the track based on their chosen location. Given the founders, members and supporters of RMP as well as the sustainability plans i can say that they do have a very strong change of achieving their goals. They have a solid proposal and completion plan in place.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by egohost
    But, i can say that RMP has prospected the land, mapped elevations and actually designed the track based on their chosen location. Given the founders, members and supporters of RMP as well as the sustainability plans i can say that they do have a very strong change of achieving their goals. They have a solid proposal and completion plan in place.
    I don't doubt that at all. I was just responding to your comment about "Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them".

I hope both projects come to fruition, that would be a dream for car guys in Calgary.

I don't doubt that at all. I was just responding to your comment about "Badlands is far less likely to happen. They have really bad planning, and a huge group of people petitioning against them".

I hope both projects come to fruition, that would be a dream for car guys in Calgary.
    amen. If both go ahead the tough question is which one to buy a membership to? well at least for me haha

egohost probably doesn't know that he inadvertently 'bad mouthed' the Badlands proposal by his original opinions that you quoted. Badlands far less likely to happen is an opinion. Bad planning part is also an opinion. Huge group of people petitioning against them is part fact part opionion.

One fact that we must not ignore is that Badlands got third reading of its ASP, which goes a long way in making it a reality.

There is no doubt that the RMP proposal is well prepared and well funded it looks like. However, from my development experience in Rockyview County, it does not guarantee success. You will likely get as many people against the project as the other proposal. Furthermore the Council, for the most part, is anti-development and especially one as sensitive as a race track.

I too am hopeful that both proposals will make it through.

My Ride
    Hondas

I realize this is the rockyview thread, but in regards to all the badlands protesters from rosebud and the surrounding area...

Drove out to rosebud the other day and honestly can't see what the townspeople would have to complain about.

It's a tiny little town and they have a huge commercial grain elevator right in the middle of it.

That thing somehow silent when it's running all day?

No way they would hear the track over the sound that sucker produces.
    Last edited by 89s1; 08-16-2013 at 10:28 PM.

No drag strip.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast