Quantcast
Rockyview Motorsports Park - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockyview Motorsports Park

My Ride
    3.0L Of pure turbocharged testosterone

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Drag track

Originally posted by JZatBMR

Badlands is 3 miles from Rosebud and our North Course is 100 feet higher than Rosebud, and the Valley Course is completely protected by the coulee walls. Rosebud is not an issue. Issue is that you can't create noise that is more then 60 dBA at any residence during the day, even a single remote farmhouse or 50 dBA after dark.

There is almost no plots of land anywhere that can allow drag cars that make 150 dB (alcohol Funny Cars) where you are not going to have noise issues, unless you are completely surrounded by an industrial area/airport, etc.

Rockyviews sound study showed they are going to be 60 dBA at the nearest residence from the Road course alone. We are not over 40 at any nearby farmhouse. Rockyview is going to have WAY more issues with sound when residents read that than we had.

There is no way they could ever have a drag strip. The road course alone is going to be an issue. So if they do get approvals and they do run Secret Street Drag racing, the cars are going to need amazing brakes.
    Thank you for clearing that up.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by rage2
    I like the location, but I wonder how long it'll be before Airdrie residents impose strict noise rules like Laguna Seca? You can't even drive flat out there anymore because of noise rules, you have to lift by all the sound meters in stock AMGs. If the closest house is 1000m away today, there's going to be idiots building houses beside the track as Airdrie expands, and those idiots are going to bitch about the noise on twitter with #shameonyourmp hashtags haha.
    This will 100% happen just like the hipster complaining in Inglewood.

But seems like West Airdrie is getting more development than NE and hopefully NE will stay industrial to slow down residential development there.

Airdrie council has said that the NE is intended to remain completely industrial for the time being. It's the farm houses in the area that are going to cause immediate problems.

My Ride
    It's wind powered

I'm not sure if there has been a separate thread made for this but there is a campaign going on to raise some funds for the park.

Https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...torsports-park
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

Originally posted by khanan
    I'm not sure if there has been a separate thread made for this but there is a campaign going on to raise some funds for the park.

Https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...torsports-park
    They say they have all equity funds for phase 1 and that this fundraiser is to only prove to the country that people are interested? Wasn't that the purpose for the petition going around?

Funds will be used to promote further and hold presentations? Haven't they already done that? This makes no sense. I want to see action by them with the county before I start dropping money into it.
    Last edited by BlackArcher101; 06-12-2014 at 10:51 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I can't tell what the fundraiser is trying to fund? Or am I blind?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I can't tell what the fundraiser is trying to fund? Or am I blind?
    It's a bit down the page, kind of hidden. I've highlighted the interesting bits.

WHAT WE NEED & WHAT YOU GET

Rockyview Motorsports has been in the works for over two years. We have succeeded in securing the initial equity funds for our phase 1 build out; we have secured the land, invested in world-class designs, and planning. Extensive planning, studies, and reports have been undertaken and completed. Our Master Site Development Plan has been submitted to Rocky View County and we are now in the formal approval process stage. Now we need YOUR help. Your pledges will prove to the County that this development has broad support. Your support will help fund our very important communications strategy.

This includes:

Public Open houses to communicate our plans and answer questions
    One-on-one presentations with key individuals essential to the projects success
    Engaging industry experts that will help us inform and educate interested parties on issues relating to RMP, including the economic and environmental benefits
    Conduct a media campaign to publicize the benefits at RMP
    I really don't see how a project, so far into funding and planning, suddenly needs a minuscule (compared to full amount) amount of cash to communicate? This project, compared to say badlands, has had way more publicity, communication and public support to date.

My Ride
    It's wind powered

Yeah that's what I was thinking about, I mean this thing is taking too long. But I guess this is how it usually is, but on the other side they have reached almost half of their goal, this must mean something...People want/need a motorsports park.
    Happiness starts at 3000 rpm.

My Ride
    something green

I always worry when I see World Class used as a descriptive.. As we have learned from City of Calgary's use of the word, and the Province to some extent, World Class is subjective and to often is an over used term.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Maxt
    I always worry when I see World Class used as a descriptive.. As we have learned from City of Calgary's use of the word, and the Province to some extent, World Class is subjective and to often is an over used term.
    Tilke drew up the track design. They've designed tons of the current F1 tracks. So I'd say it's fair to call the track design world class.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    something green

Tilke drew up the track design. They've designed tons of the current F1 tracks. So I'd say it's fair to call the track design world class.
    I am speaking in terms of the overall facility, it's World Class when the rest of the world actually comes to use it.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by BlackArcher101

It's a bit down the page, kind of hidden. I've highlighted the interesting bits.

I really don't see how a project, so far into funding and planning, suddenly needs a minuscule (compared to full amount) amount of cash to communicate? This project, compared to say badlands, has had way more publicity, communication and public support to date.
    They must be running it like the cancer society where 80% of the funds goes to raising funds instead of the actual cause.

Originally posted by Maxt
    I am speaking in terms of the overall facility, it's World Class when the rest of the world actually comes to use it.
    Which is pretty much the opposite of their intention, haha. They're planning on RMP being more of a provincial attraction, like West Ed or the Tyrell Museum. We'll see how it goes.

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    They brought up this IndieGogo drive during the last meeting. I didn't consider that they had to put a goal amount. If they made it something ridiculous like $3,000,000 then I'm not sure anybody would pledge. Where they got $58,000, I don't know.

That said, if this were just an auction for the same rewards then I don't think anybody would be batting an eye, so it's probably best to think of it that way. Just a fixed price, first come, first served auction.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Contributed 10$, wish I could do more but really hoping this pushes through as I just bought a house in airdrie

Maybe I'm guilty of not looking into it enough, but this project gets far more media coverage than the Badlands project, yet seems to require a whole lot more hurdles to jump over.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Originally posted by rx7_turbo2
    Maybe I'm guilty of not looking into it enough, but this project gets far more media coverage than the Badlands project, yet seems to require a whole lot more hurdles to jump over.
    Same hurdles. Badlands just chose a better (that is, less hurdley) location and is further along in the process. They waited until they were well past the most significant obstacles before attracting attention. Even now, they're staying relatively low key and not asking for investment until ground is broken.

RMP still has a ways to go, and there are some issues that could bring the development to a halt completely. Drumming up attention this early could be a strategy to say "Hey, potential investors, we've got a lot of public support here, this is a good investment". I don't know. They might still be trying to appease the council. I'm not as familiar with the entire process as I want to be.

I know I sound pretty pessimistic about RMP in this thread, so I want to be clear. It's not that I think RMP will fail, there's just a long path ahead of them and it's hard to get excited about it at this point. Especially when you've got another similar project that, IMO, is going about it in a much more professional way.

Originally posted by Mibz
    It's not that I'm skeptical RMP will go ahead, but I certainly prefer the way BMR is going about their project.
    Agreed.
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Ninja edited, but that point still stands, haha.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Would be sweet if both went ahead and were successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1988 300zxt, 90 jetta

Rockyview's latest article detailing its response to concerns voiced by the local residents.

http://www.rockyviewmotorsports.com/...sponds-web.pdf

If you take anything I have to say seriously, you're gunna have a bad time.
    1988 300zxt. gt35, stance coils, etc.
    1990 Jetta VR6 Daily, "stock"

Originally posted by ercchry
    people are dumb, kids need to stop playing in the streets, SW soccer moms are the worst kind of people, the end

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast