Quantcast
Rockyview Motorsports Park - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Rockyview Motorsports Park

My Ride
    is broken

The Airdrie location was denied because it didnt meet with the County plan in an approved "Business Park". This time they have picked a more suitable location so such opposition should have less impact.
    Operator Of Beyond's Official Cardano pool.
    Magical internet money for everyone!

Originally posted by jacky4566
    This time they have picked a more suitable location so such opposition should have less impact.
    I hope you're right about that. It seems that wherever a new track is proposed, there are plenty of NIMBY types voicing their opposition. They still have to hold a public hearing and get approval by council, who I'm sure will consider public opinion.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by licketysplit

I hope you're right about that. It seems that wherever a new track is proposed, there are plenty of NIMBY types voicing their opposition. They still have to hold a public hearing and get approval by council, who I'm sure will consider public opinion.
    It is beyond insanity what these people will come up with. Apparently every single piece of land ever in this country is the location of an endangered species that would be irreparably harmed by a track

My Ride
    something green

Originally posted by HiTempguy1

It is beyond insanity what these people will come up with. Apparently every single piece of land ever in this country is the location of an endangered species that would be irreparably harmed by a track
    Yup, even if you were to build it on the site of an old garbage dump, someone would complain about it infringing on hobo habitat.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Trucks

I would love to have a new track near Calgary, but next to my home, no chance in hell.

My Ride
    is broken

So looks like the application has been submitted to the County. I have a work friend in the Planning department that i'm trying to get information from.

If you want to review the submission its here:
    http://dev.mountainviewcounty.com/me...ept%20Plan.pdf

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So this is the one that is not in Drumheller? I thought it had been completely nerfed?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I believe they rejected it from the county near airdrie - looks like this is up by carstairs. Plan looks pretty good. I wonder where they expect people to park when they attend events?
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

My Ride
    is broken

Killramos this conversion is only about Rockyview Motorsports. You are thinking of Badland Motorsports in Wheatland County which is going ahead, to my knowledge anyway.

Yes Rockyview Motorsports (RMR) got denied out of Rockyview County for not locating in a "Commercial Centre" Now they moved to Mountainview County with a new application.

There isnt alot of dedicated parking but would assume they will close the #9 paddock to parking for events.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by Maxt

Yup, even if you were to build it on the site of an old garbage dump, someone would complain about it infringing on hobo habitat.
    One of our rally events used to have a private land creek crossing. People were up in arms about it, and I believe it was the county the event was located in that required us to have a scientist come out and monitor the water downstream for pollutants and what not.

On the day of the event, the water was recorded as being cleaner than prior tests, and the only uptick was when a random dirtbike that was non-related to the event went roaring through

Farmers also say cows get spooked, even though if you know cows, they don't give a shit about anything until its practically running them over.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Was chatting to these guys at the auto show. They have secured a new location near carstairs, have been approved by the county, and plan on moving dirt this year. Sounds like things are finally happening with this project and it will end up happening very close to the same time as Badlands, who are also moving dirt this summer.

Exciting times.

Edit, sorry, this probably should be in the Updates thread. Will post there.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 03-17-2018 at 08:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Was chatting to these guys at the auto show. They have secured a new location near carstairs, have been approved by the county, and plan on moving dirt this year. Sounds like things are finally happening with this project and it will end up happening very close to the same time as Badlands, who are also moving dirt this summer.

Exciting times.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post

Exciting times.
    Kinda like pipeline construction...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm not confident any petroleum export pipelines will ever be constructed. I AM confident racetracks will be constructed.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I'm not confident any petroleum export pipelines will ever be constructed. I AM confident racetracks will be constructed.
    So what you're saying is... we need to build a 1150km "race track"? (let's see which oil product is the fastest!)

My Ride
    something green

I'll be astounded if either track gets built without some kind of environmental action or high jinks during construction.
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

Had a good look at it at the auto show. Seems the memberships are going to be more expensive equity shares than the competition. Will be interesting with both tracks trying to sell their shares to the same market at the same time if they will sell out like Area 27.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

The entry level membership to Rockyview is exactly 3x more than to Badlands with annual dues near as makes no difference 3x more than Badlands, I'd say they're catering to different crowds.

Exciting times.
    The only thing moving any dirt this evening is the crop planted by some farmer - this is the site east of Carstairs...

Name:  15308466220911182951498.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  52.4 KB
    Last edited by speedog; 07-05-2018 at 10:14 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    The only thing moving any dirt this evening is the crop planted by some farmer - this is the site east of Carstairs...
    Not surprised there. I'm surprised they're selling memberships based on 1 "approval". Well, they approved the rezoning of the land last year.

http://www.mountainviewcounty.com/ab...track-proposal

Clearly states what has to happen next.

The next step in the plan to develop a motor vehicle racing track and associated facilities is the application for subdivision and development permits. The outstanding issue of the existing sour gas facilities and appropriate setbacks for the development will have to be sorted by the developer with Pengrowth Energy Corporation and the Alberta Energy Regulator before they proceed.

With no agreement in place between the parties to de-rate the pipline and well on the subject property, County administration had recommended refusal of the redesignation because it did not meet the setbacks currently required to comply with the type of sour gas installation on the property.
    AFAIK, none of which has been started, as these are all public record documents with invitation for public hearings. Long ways to go before moving dirt IMO.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast