Quantcast
Rockyview Motorsports Park - Page 17 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17
Results 321 to 338 of 338

Thread: Rockyview Motorsports Park

  1. #321
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    I think this whole "race tracks reduce street racing" is bullshit propaganda from the folks that want someone else to pay for their hobbies. We get it, you like race tracks, but let's not pretend there's some kind of social benefit.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is powered by Phil Collins' mullet.

  2. #322
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,256
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this whole "race tracks reduce street racing" is bullshit propaganda from the folks that want someone else to pay for their hobbies. We get it, you like race tracks, but let's not pretend there's some kind of social benefit.
    No one is asking for someone else to pay for their hobby. They just want a track to not be here hindered by farmer nimby.

  3. #323
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one is asking for someone else to pay for their hobby. They just want a track to not be here hindered by farmer nimby.
    I was referring to the people who said City of Calgary should subsidize Race City. I haven't heard of requests for public money for the Rockyview project.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is powered by Phil Collins' mullet.

  4. #324
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,238
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think this whole "race tracks reduce street racing" is bullshit propaganda from the folks that want someone else to pay for their hobbies. We get it, you like race tracks, but let's not pretend there's some kind of social benefit.
    I don’t think any of us are asking for public handouts to pay for a track, and I agree it really doesn’t do much to curb street racing. But I really think we shouldn’t have to travel 275km to the nearest road course/dirt track etc etc (some specific race type venues are closer). I’m putting thousands of dollars into other towns economies each year but I could be spending it more locally and helping people around here too.

  5. #325
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    I like race tracks, I hope they build em all. Don't mind me, I'm just salty this morning.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is powered by Phil Collins' mullet.

  6. #326
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    7,459
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was referring to the people who said City of Calgary should subsidize Race City. I haven't heard of requests for public money for the Rockyview project.
    The people that actually knew what was up with RC know it wasn’t a subsidy that was needed... it was a fair lease agreement. Extending it year by year made it impossible to invest any money into... but hey! When the former mayor owned all the surrounding land what can you expect?

  7. #327
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    YYC
    Posts
    3,092
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Salty because you paid for a new arena, you Flames fan, you!!

  8. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr2mike View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Salty because you paid for a new arena, you Flames fan, you!!
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is powered by Phil Collins' mullet.

  9. #329
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Protege 5 Turbo / Ecoboost FX4
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Drove by again this afternoon on my way home and the only thing out of place in the field are short wood stakes with orange ribbons on them. Otherwise no visible signs of work being done there. Farmer was actually still harvesting some of last year's crop.
    Where is it? Coordinates? We've got a plane so I'll fly over next time I'm up and take some pics.

  10. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,238
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is it? Coordinates? We've got a plane so I'll fly over next time I'm up and take some pics.
    About 500m east of the QE2 at the 581 (Carstairs) exit.

  11. #331
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Protege 5 Turbo / Ecoboost FX4
    Posts
    1,162
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    About 500m east of the QE2 at the 581 (Carstairs) exit.
    South or north of 581?

  12. #332
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,238
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Mazda View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    South or north of 581?
    South side.

  13. #333
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Was up at Carstairs and drove past all 4 sides of the track property - still just wood stakes in the ground.

    20200522_192407.jpg

  14. #334
    Thaco's Avatar
    Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Rage2
    Posts
    3,682
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was up at Carstairs and drove past all 4 sides of the track property - still just wood stakes in the ground.

    20200522_192407.jpg
    that's all it'll ever be
    User title molested by Rage2.

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

  15. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    Phanbus
    Posts
    7,244
    Rep Power
    33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that's all it'll ever be
    Ouch bro
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is powered by Phil Collins' mullet.

  16. #336
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    C5Z, Duramax
    Posts
    6,238
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    They posted a quick update today, as well as some people likely got a more detailed update this weekend (won’t post here). Construction quoted as starting soon.

  17. #337
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    577
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    that's all it'll ever be
    I disagree. I think this will happen, but I think they aren't through with all the delays and issues, yet.

  18. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    1,940
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They posted a quick update today, as well as some people likely got a more detailed update this weekend (won’t post here). Construction quoted as starting soon.
    Can confirm that we have some services going in as well.
    Cos...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 16 17

Similar Threads

  1. any rockyview motorsports park updates?

    By Frank_White in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 81
    Latest Threads: 01-17-2020, 06:04 PM
  2. Rockyview Motorsports Development

    By Cowtown_Raider in forum Motorsports
    Replies: 11
    Latest Threads: 07-27-2012, 01:58 PM
  3. The Ridiculousness of Rockyview General Hospital

    By GT.....O? in forum Health and Fitness
    Replies: 49
    Latest Threads: 04-04-2009, 01:20 AM
  4. Death to Motorsports: Recession & it's Impact on Motorsports

    By carguy in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 12
    Latest Threads: 12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
  5. Decent/Cheap Hotel in Calgary near Rockyview Hospital?

    By 5hift in forum Travel and Vacation
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 06-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •