Quantcast
Rogers Super Plan - Who's switching!? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Rogers Super Plan - Who's switching!?

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Default Rogers Super Plan - Who's switching!?

Just heard about this:

We’re always looking for bigger and better. As technology continues to evolve and our smartphones get smarter, we rely on it to do more for us like download music, stream videos, or keep us connected through our social media networks.

Thanks to our new 6 GB/$60 Super Plan, now available on the Rogers LTE network, you can do all of those things and more.

Launching today and available until August 8, 2012, the 6GB Super Plan also gives you unlimited Canada-wide My10 calling, unlimited messaging, unlimited 6 pm evenings and weekends, and 200 weekday minutes.

What you can do with 6 gigs

With the launch of the Super Plan, we wanted to find out how much 6 GB of data really is, and what it can do for you. This is what we discovered:

Whether you’re an avid music listener, YouTube streamer, Facebook poster or Tweeter, the 6GB Super Plan gives you virtually endless possibilities right at your fingertips. If you love to jam to music, 6 GB gives you the freedom to download nearly 1,500 songs. Or perhaps sending and receiving e-mail is your preferred pastime? 6 GB will allow you to send or receive nearly 20,000 e-mails. If you’re the social media savvy type, you can update your status 34,460 times with 6 GB (that’s over 1,100 times a day!) Or maybe you’re a YouTube junky? In that case, you can stream nearly 100 hours of YouTube videos with the 6 GB Super Plan.

Data Sharing

As you can see, 6 GB is a lot of data, especially for just one device. That’s why we recommend our data sharing plan. The data sharing plan, now being offered at $2/month for 10 months (regularly $12/month), is the perfect way to keep all your essential devices connected. This deal is available to new and existing customers that bring a tablet on the Rogers network. By signing up for a no-term data sharing plan, you can maximize your monthly data usage by sharing your data across as many as four additional devices. So whether you’re using your smartphone, tablet, rocket stick or laptop, you will always be connected.
    Source

Buddy just switched today and SHOCKINGLY it was hassle free, however...this plan does not include voicemail or called ID which you can add for $12.

I have had this exact same plan + VM/ID for the last few years and have paid $120/$105 and a few months back had it cut down just over $90 after all the fees....I'm thinking if i can save myself another $10+ bucks then why not...I've already sold my soul to the Rogers devil so might as well save any money I can

Anyone switching their current plan...or thinking about switching?
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 07-25-2012 at 11:52 PM.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

My Ride
    old Toyotas

can you switch if your already on their 3 year contract? I swore to end it with Rogers once my contract was up but this isn't bad.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Hum, fail to see how this is a good deal? Super would not be what I would use to describe anything from rogers...

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by black13
    can you switch if your already on their 3 year contract? I swore to end it with Rogers once my contract was up but this isn't bad.
    Just spoke to my buddy and he said his original contract date stays in tact, they switched him to the new plan (current customer) and he didn't have to resign...but it being Rogers and you DO switch...just monitor your bills for a couple months lol

Originally posted by eblend
    Hum, fail to see how this is a good deal? Super would not be what I would use to describe anything from rogers...
    If you are a regular Rogers customer you'd know this is a good deal, as much as they suck...It's like squeezing blood from a stone...and a 6GB plan like this is RARE!
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

i was with rogers for 3 years. during that period, i kept paying more than what i should be even though i didn't use my phone often. i've been with fido for 5 yrs now and i love it! i'm getting more and paying less than that "super" deal, lol.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Are you looking for a happy ending?? If so, PM me...

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I pay $60 for 6gb, unlimited incoming, outgoing, txt, CID, vvm, and a bunch of other crap on fido. How is this a good deal?

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Always been curious with fido...do they offer anything like my10 or unlimited long distance?

It was previously offered twice in the past year in one form or another.

Feb 2012
    http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...-february-6th/

Aug 2011
    http://redboard.rogers.com/2011/its-...-plan-returns/

Telus' 60 gb plan is 65 and includes call id and voicemail...its as if op has no research skills whatsover.

This plan doesn't seem so super even with the 6gb. I'm using less and less data now because of Shaw's WiFi. Seriously, they've pretty much blanketed the city.

I still pay $30 for my 6gig with Rogers that they offered years ago... Hows this a deal lol
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    Telus' 60 gb plan is 65 and includes call id and voicemail...its as if op has no research skills whatsover.
    Right, I wasn't asking about your Telus plan, some people are actually bound to their Rogers contract for another year or two, or three and are paying way more, unfortunately.

But thanks for coming out, read the whole post next time.

Originally posted by Canucks3322
    You mean 6 GB?

Yeah.. LOL.
    Paying ~$60 for 6gb data, vvm, caller id, unlimited txt / pic, 500 minutes unlimited after 5pm and unlimited weekends

OP, if your contract is near its renewal date, maybe look into switching to fido. i have zero complaints with them whatsoever.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

No Rogers LTE coverage in the south of the city, no 3G coverage AT ALL in my neighborhood, and no GSM anywhere near my block.

Not happening. Switching to Bell next week. No issues with Rogers other than a lack of coverage in my area

Edit; Checking out FIDO based on above posters recommendation
    Last edited by btimbit; 07-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Originally posted by nj2Type-S
    OP, if your contract is near its renewal date, maybe look into switching to fido. i have zero complaints with them whatsoever.
    Thanks, I think the renewal date may be coming up in a couple months, definitely something to look into!

How are you guys getting all these amazing Fido plans? I've been a Fido customer since day 1 and I have very average plan:

$67/mo
    200 anytime mins
    500 MB data (lame)
    unlimited incoming calls (love this, as it's 90 % of my usage)
    unlimited text
    evenings from 5pm, and free weekends
    vm, call id, etc.

I thought it was a sweet plan but apparently it sucks with all you guys getting that plus 6 GB for less money haha.

Originally posted by btimbit
    Edit; Checking out FIDO based on above posters recommendation
    Fido uses Rogers' network so if Rogers service sucks somewhere for you, Fido's probably will too.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Fido uses Rogers' network so if Rogers service sucks somewhere for you, Fido's probably will too.
    Hm, I knew that too, guess it just slipped my mind. Thanks!

Bell it is then I guess. Fido didn't have the phone I wanted anyway

i signed up with fido on a 3 year contract. there was a huge thread about it on this forum, actually. i forgot who i was messaging on here but i owe him a huge thanks. here's my plan:

- 6gb data
    - unlimited evenings starting at 5pm
    - unlimited weekends
    - 200 daytime minutes
    - 2000 texts
    - 1000 fido to fido
    - voicemail
    - caller id

$50 + tax

i don't think i'll ever leave fido. not to mention i've accumulated enough fido dollars for a (future) iphone 5. i would highly recommend fido.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast