Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Cool Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Hey everyone. As I mentioned elsewhere, MSTR is owned by my cousin in law, and they've given me several watches to give away to beyonders to help promote their brand in Canada. MSTR is already popular in the US, Europe, and Japan, and have now started working its way into the Canadian market.

The brand is started by a bunch of car guys like us, so you'll notice some car themes in some of their models. They're a good alternative to Nixon and Vestal watches, and are priced very competitively against them. If you want to see some of these in person, they're available for purchase at The Bay. Alternatively, you can check out the Meister Watches website.

So, here's the deal. I'll be giving away a couple of these watches to beyonders that frequent the Fashion and Luxury forum. In return, the winners will have to take pictures of the watch that was won, and write up an honest review of the watch, with comparisons to other similar watches that you own.

Also, you can not sell the watch. It's yours to keep, but not to sell. Obviously, I can not really enforce that, but hopefully the winners will respect this rule.

So how can you win one? Simple. Post a reply to this thread stating why you feel you should win one, and I'll be choosing the winners myself. There are a few ways that your chances of winning will increase:

- Sample pictures of watches you've taken pics of
    - List of watches in your collection
    - Number of posts on watches in this forum
    - Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts

You should also post which watch you want to win (along with a #2 and #3 choice) from the watches above, to help me make the decision a little easier.

Good luck!

Disclaimer: Rules of this contest are subject to change at any time. Anyone can enter, including beyond.ca and Beyond Media Inc. staff and family.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Entry ...

Reserved Spot .. Drunk ATM ... So I am at grade 3 learning , and nearly blind.. Stay tuned tomorrow..

Also I have no pictures of watches , but I do post pictures of hot girls ? Can that be a substitute LOL
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My entry is, although I have never had a super nice watch. It was never because I didn't want one, but because the finances didn't allow for it. If I got one of those watches I would wear it everywhere and all the time lol. Most likely Instagram the shit out of it, I like the middle one the best (looks the cleanest I think) and the reason I deserve it is because I want it lol. No sob story, I've never had a super nice watch, but I've always wanted one and it would definitely be appreciated. Oh ya my picture lol, me imaging wearing said watch haha:

PS: I'm sick of looking at Soraths and redlineJr's pictures of their ballin' watches and having nothing on my own arm to take a picture of haha.

Last edited by epp01; 07-26-2012 at 12:30 AM.

My Ride
    i-VTEC

Default Re: Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

Originally posted by rage2
    If you want to see some of these in person, they're available for purchase at The Bay.
    I didn't know they sell these at The Bay? I've never seen them at Sunridge or Market Mall. Maybe Chinook? These watches look great! I've seen these watches on Revolveclothing.com but it'd be nice to try them on in person before purchasing.

It's probably the closest to a Hublot I'd ever get lol. I hope to see them grow in popularity in Canada. Great brand for sure.
    Last edited by EG6boi; 07-26-2012 at 12:37 AM.
    Built On Self Success

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Watches have always been something that has interested me. Aside from their beauty, there's something innately fascinating about the intricacy of their inner workings. I remember watching a "How It's Made" episode on watches a couple of years ago and it blew my mind.

Unfortunately, watches are also one of those things where you have to "pay to play". Reading many posts on Beyond showcasing some really amazing timepieces, I decided several months ago to start saving to purchase a watch to start my "collection".

I do have a few watches, and each has a story to them, but they certainly aren't collectible in the traditional sense.

Here are my watches:

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

I'll start with the Gucci. The Gucci watch, which I'm actually pretty sure is a ladies watch, was given to my by my mother when she and my step-father divorced. In all honesty, I'm not really sure what compelled her to purchase me a Gucci watch given that we were broke at the time. She gave it to me several months after they divorced (I was 16), and I never paid it much mind as I was a typical "angsty" teenager. However, the watch went with me when I moved to Ontario and somehow made its way back unscathed three years later. It carries some sentimental value, and for that reason I think I'll always have it.

The Bulova was something that I bought because I really loved the simplicity of it. I bought it when I was 18, just before I moved to Ontario. It was $456, and at the time it was the single most expensive item I'd ever purchased that I wore regularly. This is still my "go to" watch for when I go out and need something tasteful to wear.

The Fossil was a gift to myself right after I had made my first $5,000 with a business I had started back in 2007. Though the business has since transformed, the Fossil watch (which cost me $429) has remained. It's simple, and it reminds me of all of the hard work I have put in to making something of myself.

The watch on the right is really something special to me. It's a Bulova "Caravel", though it's value is something I've never cared to explore. It was a gift from my biological father, whom I have never really had a truly close relationship with since he moved to Toronto when I was 3. I suppose it's the lack of relationship that causes me to put a little more value into the things from him that I do have. I've never worn it, mostly because it was my fathers watch and I'd hate to ruin or tarnish it. I've always had it, and I don't think I'll ever part with it. It doesn't suit my tastes, but it's one of the few things I possess that was given to me by my Dad. One day, if I ever have a son, I'd like to pass it along to him. Maybe he'd find the same sentimental value in it as I do.

The Meister on the far left is a beautiful watch. It's bold and monotone, but has just enough contrast to catch your eye. The middle watch is also quite nice, and the white "Meiser" around the bezel is a nice touch. The watch immediately to the right seems to have a carbon fibre face, though it's hard to tell from the picture. All three look great and I'd be happy to own any of them. Maybe then I could start posting some wrist shots.

My Ride
    BMW

I think #1, 2 and 4 are pretty nice, no particular order

Doesnt matter if i win or not, just wanted to share my thoughts on this brand and their design. First of all, I admire people who are creative, open to new ideas, and are able to do something they truly enjoy and share it with everyone else. Their brand Meister is also quite interesting to me, "master" in german, shows their ambition to become a leader in sports watches in the future. Their design and material are influenced by their past experience in carbon fiber manufacturing and interest in automotive designs. It would be cool if they can incorporate parts of a vehicle into their design as well.

My wife and i have 2 rolexes, 1 cartier, 1 IWC, and a few other normal brands like Gshock, ESQ, Burberry etc. I have always enjoy looking at watches (cant really afford to buy too many).

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Hmm guess I don't really post much in the forums in regards to watches, but I've always looked at some of the designs that people post up that I assume are a little too much for me to afford to throw on my wrist...that said I've gone through a few watches myself over the last couple years. Photos are all from today with a macro lens, probably have taken photos in the past but can't be bothered to find em all.

Reason I would want one of those Meister watches would be to get away from the majority of rectangular watches I already have. Also really like the touch of CF added to some of them.

#1: Fossil Speedway (2004)

My first "real" watch that I ever wore on a consistent basis. Got it as a graduation gift after finishing high school. Thing has withstood the test of time and shows a bunch of scratches and marks that I just tell myself adds character to my first real timepiece.

#2: Fossil Arkitect (2007)

Purchased this as a gift to myself after getting into professional school after 3 years of undergrad. This one probably stayed on my wrist the longest and has the most wear out of all my watches. Instantly grew attached to the rectangle face and edgy lines of the watch. I went through my first serious relationship with it, lost it midway through in Vancouver at my sister's place. Thought it was lost forever and I went back to wearing my first watch. It only recently showed up after my sister sold the place and it randomly made its way back at the bottom of a box of kitchen items.

#3: Starck Veiled Black (2010)

Got this watch after wanting something different from everything else I had and to get something other than Fossil (turns out Fossil still manufactures the Starck line of watches). Saw this guy and instantly wanted it. I think it looks slick and always draws attention because of its stealthy look. I ended up overusing this watch and in an attempt to stop using it before wrecking up its glossy appearance...I purchased the next watch...

#4: Fossil Franklin (2011)

Purchased this to replace the Arkitekt watch above that I thought I had lost for good and to give me an alternative to the Starck watch. Didn't move too far off from what I had before, same rectangular face but little more modern with more curved lines.

#5: Nixon Rotolog Black (2011)

Another watch I don't wear too often in an attempt to preserve its glossy finish. Got this as a gift from my current girlfriend's parents after graduating from professional school. To me it's on par with the Starck Veil watch in terms of appearance. Definitely like the alternative look to both of them.

Out of those Meister MSTR watches, I like 'em in this order: 4 1 3 2 5
    Last edited by soupey; 07-26-2012 at 01:57 AM.

My Ride
    Acura TL, 2016 Yamaha FZ-07

I would love the 1st one, the 4th one or 3rd one from the left in that order. I haven't worn my watch for almost 2-3 years now after I broke the links on it and haven't been able to find a replacement link for it. The last watch that I bought was a Seiko Kinetic titanium watch that I got from Hong Kong in 2008.

It'd be nice to have a classy watch again, I would definitely wear it everyday and brag about it.

I don't have an actual picture of the watch that I currently have, but it looks like this one.

My Ride
    08 Civc LX, 03 Durango, 11 Duramax

I will just put this out there - the only watch I have ever owned was a walmart timex. I wore that watch to oblivion, replaced the strap twice, and the battery once.

I have never been a watch guy, I am pretty hard on them and quite honestly, the budget has also never really allowed for it.

I now fly a desk and would like to increase my office "swag", a watch might just do this for me.

I dont expect to win, but what the hell - typing this up cant hurt my chances at all.

I like #'s 4,3 and 1.

edit* Thats pretty damn cool your inlaw's give away watches to promote the brand - thats way better than a t-shirt or travel mug.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Why should I win one?

Cause I've never had enough money to afford getting myself a watch from my childhood all the way up my adulthood. It will also give me the confidence to walk into the club/bar/restaurant and flash my new MSTR bling and mack on chicks. It will make me feel like I have added an extra 4"s to my manhood and I can strut my stuff. All chicks look for bling on a guy so this will be the chance to seize the moment for me if I win.

**Now I know this ain't no balling Hublot watch like rage2's that will add an instant 10" but it will feel and act like a Hublot to me****

I like Watch #2, #1, #5, #3, #4. I would be happy and feel like I won the lottery with any of the watches if I won actually. And if I indeed won one, BEYOND.ca is the best automotive enthusiast forum ever and has greatly increased my chances with the opposite sex.

***If I win, every chick that I interact with, I will get pictures of her and the watch together. If there are no pictures, it means I had no luck with the new bling on my wrist***
    Last edited by dj_rice; 07-26-2012 at 11:48 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

These look like pretty awesome watches. Why should I win one? Because I love watches but can't bring myself to buying any new ones because of recent larger purchases. I would rock the shit out of one of these watches making guys downtown want to buy them and ladies want to buy them for their man. Really it would be good free advertising since my job requires me to be out meeting people constantly

My watches (nothing big ticket as of yet):

1. Movado Meseum Model: 0606504

2. Emporio Armani Super Slim Ceramic AR1440

3. Hamilton QNE H76515523

4. Bulova Marine Star 98B106

I like these Meister watches in order (starting from the left); #1, #3, #4, #5, #2 but any of them would be awesome.

I Dont post much in the watch forum. I do like watches that are unique...can never bring myself to buy a "baller" one like most of the ones I've seen in the Nice Watches and the Wrist Shot Friday Threads.

Why I should win:
    1. I've actually been looking at Meister watch since they did the one for Anderson Silva that was limited to 200 pieces. Hard to find these watches when I'm in the states and up till now they werent available in Canada
    2. These models are nice enough that they can be used for a casual day or a more dressed up kind of day
    3. I'm asian and who doesnt like the chance to win something for free.

The models I'm interested in are: 1, 4, 2

Watches I have on rotation:

The Hundreds x G Shock

Tsovet

G Shock
    Last edited by logi; 07-27-2012 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    ////M

First off, please forgive my photography (it is not something I have tried to get better at).

My watch history:

The Bulova was my first “nice” watch. A girlfriend bought it for me as a Christmas present, and I learned the hard way that one should never engrave a watch. She engraved the back, but we later broke up so I felt a little silly keeping the watch. I sold this one for an upgrade down the road.

The JC was my first ebay watch purchase. It was a nice looking watch, but was a fairly simple quartz watch. I ended up selling it on Beyond after wearing it a handful of times.

I bought the Marathon TSAR as a heavy duty watch for day to day use. It is a quartz watch, but the high torque movement and screw down crown make it feel high quality. I rotate this with the Lum-Tec below for everyday use. I have had this one for a few years now and it still looks essentially brand new.

My first (and only) automatic watch is my Lum-Tec M18. I wear this most often, mainly to keep the watch running. It keeps time fairly accurate (have to adjust it about once per week), but this watch is definitely about attention. The bright colors (not to mention the luminescent) catch a lot of eyes so I get a lot of comments on this watch.

I have always been interested in watches mainly due to the intricacies of the movements, and the attention to detail every watch maker needs to match. The mechanics behind automatic watches still blow my mind, especially when you see them taken apart. I am still learning a lot about the industry and the technology, so I tend to read more than comment in the watch forum (the Real Estate/Finance, Fashion & Luxury and General forums are where I spend most of my time on Beyond).

As you can see, all of my watches are fairly casual. I would love to get one that I could wear to corporate functions without looking like a dweeb, which I think watch #4 would cover. My next two choices would be #5 and then #1.

Thanks for putting this on Rage and Meister!
    Last edited by Euro_Trash; 07-26-2012 at 06:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yo bro, are you from that goat Calgary car forum that get salty over lawn care, land rovers and circumcisions? That's straight fire.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Why should I win one? Plain and simple, I am currently not rocking a watch and all of my co-workers are watch snobs. I work with a bunch of guys and even a few gals that are always rocking the newest and hottest time pieces. The day I show up wearing a watch everyone in my office will want to know about it, think of the free advertising! Also not having a watch at the moment I will be constantly wearing this watch 24/7! Having a nice watch will complete my wardrobe and get both my girlfriend and mom off of my case about buying myself one. Apparently all real men have a nice watch or two (or three or more!)... and I have none. Help make me a real man!

Sample pictures of watches you've taken pictures of...

- None!

List of watches in your collection...

- Iphone4, that said I will compare any watch I win against my friends and colleagues watches.

Number of posts on watches in this forum...

Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts...

I am so SMRT!

Preference of watches shown…

- 3, 4, 1, 2, 5
    Last edited by KRyn; 07-26-2012 at 10:52 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Default Re: Meister MSTR Watch Giveaway!

Originally posted by rage2

So how can you win one? Simple. Post a reply to this thread stating why you feel you should win one, and I'll be choosing the winners myself. There are a few ways that your chances of winning will increase:

- Sample pictures of watches you've taken pics of
    - List of watches in your collection
    - Number of posts on watches in this forum
    - Higher than grade 4 spelling and grammar in your posts

You should also post which watch you want to win (along with a #2 and #3 choice) from the watches above, to help me make the decision a little easier.
    - I've never taken photos of watches
    - I own no watches
    - I believe I posted about a kids Transformers watch once

I feel I should win one because I haven't owned a watch in 15 years, starting to feel like I should, and a free watch would probably get me into another expensive hobby. Wait.. maybe that's not a good thing.

Watch preference order 1,3,2,3,5.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    2016 Golf R

Why should I win? Simple. I would love to win because I would love to add another nice watch to my collection, and I have heard many good things about Meister watches. I also would love to one day have a watch collection large enough that I can wear a diff watch every day of the week!

Here is the best pic I have taken of one of my watches:

Watches in my collection:
    Armani AR2425 Rose Gold
    Lum-Tec M48
    Hublot Big Bang Ice Bang

I post quite frequently in the Nice Watch thread, and in the Friday Wrist Shot thread.

The order I'd prefer of the MSTR watches are as follows: 1-3-5-2-4

Thanks!
    Last edited by AaronK; 07-26-2012 at 01:51 PM.

My Ride
    Left at 5pm

I'll quickly reserve a spot in this thread.
    I'm at work right now and won't make it home until late tonight, but I'll get this updated on the double.

Your pal,
    -D
    Originally posted by scat19
    I have a BMW so im not stupid.

My Ride
    14' 435i

First of all, all of the watches created by your in-laws are gorgeous!! i would love to own any/all of them!

Ive always had a thing for watches, as a kid growing up in dover/forest lawn area, my parents finances as well as my own didn't allow for anything overly nice. This meant i had to buy those $15-$20 watches from the cart in marlborough mall. I knew they were cheesy and fake but i just loved having a watch on my arm, whether it be shiny with fake bling or something a bit more low key...

As i grew up and finances allowed i started purchasing a bit more expensive watches but nothing overly nice.

I currently own 4 watches:

- Nixon Duke (Black Strap, Silver Bezel, Black Face) (Discontinued)
    - Nixon Quatro (Silver Band, white/silver checkered face)
    - Nixon 51-30 White Steel (Silver Band/Bezel, White Face)
    - and a watch i got from my step dad when i was younger, i just found it in a box while unpacking.. i need to figure out what it is, its nothing amazing, but it means alot to me and for that reason, ill get rid of it.

I have posted in the Friday Wrist shot thread with my 51-30 on. When i have that watch on i feel kind of like a baller, nothing in comparison to a couple guys on here, but i do get a lot of comments on it. As well as in some of the which watch should i get pages.

i will post pics of my watches tonight when i get home...

If i had to pick one of the watches posted, i would say #1 or #4.. as i tend to go for metal banded watches
    Last edited by GOnSHO; 07-26-2012 at 09:24 AM.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 10:43 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    rally pig

Unlike the others, let me tell you why I don't deserve one of these fine watches.

I can't stand owning more than 1-2 watches at a time, especially if they are automatic, the reason being is I don't like the idea of one sitting at home collecting dust.

I'm not a watch collector, for me watches are there to tell the time, they have to be accurate, reliable and can be worn at any condition hence why I don't like spending a huge amount of money on one.
    I would be paranoid wearing an expensive watch due to fear of scratching or damaging it, it would always stay at home which IMO beats the purpose of owning a watch.

That said, I admire a beautifully well crafted watch, the man-hours assigned to design and build one, the engineering behind it, materials used, etc.

My preference from the 5 Meister watches
    if I ever win the white strap watch, my fiance will probably be the one rocking it
    if I win either one of the watches, I promise a detailed review, pictures and ask the public for their opinion

Watches that I've owned

1939 Minerva w/ DH - assigned to a german WW2 soldier during the war

1939 Helios w/ DH - assigned to a german WW2 soldier during the war

Steinhart Nav-B Uhr 47mm

Watches that I currently own

Seiko Chronograph SNN103 - permanently retired as desk clock in front of my computer

Seiko SNZG07J1 - been my only watch for the past 2 years, love the simplistic look and fairly reliable.
    will never be sold as gift from the fiance

Steinhart Ocean 1 Vintage Red - bought on impulse, still on the fence whether on keeping it or selling it, great looking watch though!
    I took some macro shots of the Ocean 1 the other night, just haven't had the chance to edit them yet.
    Last edited by taemo; 07-27-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast