Quantcast
iPhone 5 thread - Page 27 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone 5 thread

Does anyone know how Fido's HUP works? I am wondering if it has changed.

For example when I got the 3GS

Iphone non-contract price ~$500 (sorry if I am way off, the example is whats relevant).

Iphone contract price ~$170

Fido dollars available $100

When I got it upgraded, I had to fucking pay 400 (500-100 fido dollars). Then they said I get a credit of $230 applied to my account (400-170 contract price).

That kind of pissed me off when other companies such as Telus, Bell, and Rogers offer an upgrade value of like 200-300 I believe.

So basically, has Fido's HUP changed to something similar to the Big 3 providers?

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Fido dollars is free money, correct?

Your math seems wierd, or you explained it poorly.

$500

Take off $100 due to fido dollars.

Paid 400 cash, got 230 credit.

So It looks like you paid 170 for the phone. What's the big deal?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Not sure what you mean by that. When I got my 3GS with contract renewal through Fido. I paid the contract price - my fido dollars. I didn't even pay there, they put it on my next bill. So the credit did offset the phone price. I don't think I had to pay the full price at any point unless they changed it.

Called and got a custom 6GB(Shared) Super Plan and got them to reduce my EUF by 50%. Now I'm ready to burn some data with LTE on both the iPhone and iPad.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by holden

Worldport (link), it's the wordwide central shipping hub for UPS.

How soon after launch did u order it? I ordered a 64GB 15 minutes after launch and it's still being prepared for shipment.
    Sweet, today I learned. Didn't know UPS had such a huge hub.

I ordered 5 min after it started. Email confirmation at 12:06am.

Originally posted by lilmira
    Not sure what you mean by that. When I got my 3GS with contract renewal through Fido. I paid the contract price - my fido dollars. I didn't even pay there, they put it on my next bill. So the credit did offset the phone price. I don't think I had to pay the full price at any point unless they changed it.

Hmm, thats lame that I had to pay full price. I basically had a huge credit and didn't have to pay my monthly bill for like half the year.

Thanks for the reply, I'll make sure I get that offer as well =)

Originally posted by Evo prec
    what is everyone's reservation number on rogers ? mine was at 1700 yesterday and now its at 550
    I was at 500 yesterday and today it says IN PROGRESS

Originally posted by cet

I was at 500 yesterday and today it says IN PROGRESS
    I am now at #285... I'm not a snowflake*?

Now that is good news:

If your status is "in progress", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.

*"You are not special. You are not a
    beautiful or unique snowflake. You are
    the same decaying organic matter as
    everything else."
    ~Tyler~
    Last edited by CanmoreOrLess; 09-18-2012 at 06:36 PM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by [Yu]

Hmm, thats lame that I had to pay full price. I basically had a huge credit and didn't have to pay my monthly bill for like half the year.

Thanks for the reply, I'll make sure I get that offer as well =)
    No problem, they did advertize the offer as contract price, not "pay full price and receive credit later".

Don't forget that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When I had an unrelated problem with them one time, the regular customer reps couldn't be more useful than a third nipple. At one point, they hanged up on me. I wrote them a nasty message. Within a few days, a supervisor phoned me, apologized and solved the problem. Next time I talked to a customer rep, he recognized my name real quick lol. Not trying to be a dick about it but I am a paying customer and I'm not here to make friends with them.

I'm not a huge techy guy anymore, so I'm sorry for the noob question.

I've got an iPhone 4. I'm quite happy with it. My 3 yr contract runs out in nov (with bell), but I already qualify for an upgrade. Is it worth it (and also possible), to upgrade to an iPhone 5, and then sell the iPhone 5 and go back to my iPhone 4? Or are there locking limitations etc.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by nodoubtt
    I'm not a huge techy guy anymore, so I'm sorry for the noob question.

I've got an iPhone 4. I'm quite happy with it. My 3 yr contract runs out in nov (with bell), but I already qualify for an upgrade. Is it worth it (and also possible), to upgrade to an iPhone 5, and then sell the iPhone 5 and go back to my iPhone 4? Or are there locking limitations etc.
    it will be locked to bell but u can sell it

Originally posted by gpomp
    it will be locked to bell but u can sell it
    cool thanks for the quick reply. How much can I expect to sell it for?

i looked at the rogers reservation system, says i have to pay 40, but its not refundable if i cancel?

My Ride
    996TT

Lots of iphone reviews in. And they are all REALLY positive.

http://www.imore.com/first-iphone-5-reviews

Originally posted by Boat
    Fido dollars is free money, correct?

Your math seems wierd, or you explained it poorly.

$500

Take off $100 due to fido dollars.

Paid 400 cash, got 230 credit.

So It looks like you paid 170 for the phone. What's the big deal?
    Hmm perhaps my wording is incorrect. I get the same result as you. It isn't the price I had to pay that was different, it is the fact that I have to front 400 to pay for a phone that is an "upgrade".

From what I understand, Roger's simply says you get a free upgrade, thus you ONLY pay the 170 and not pay 400 to receive the 230 credit.

This isn't a dispute of what is wrong with the pricing, more so me being a whiney cunt. Seems stupid to advertise the phone as 170, but you must pay 400 and we will just give you the difference. Why not just have me pay 170 from the get go =P

How would you feel if for example, Future Shop advertises a 90 inch TV for $100, but you had to pay $5000. Once you pay the the $5000, they give you a store credit of $4900. That is essentially how I view my situation.

As Lil Mira has said, the price he paid was 170 (if using my theoretical values).

This did not only happen to me, my brother also for his 3GS.
    Last edited by [Yu]; 09-18-2012 at 11:28 PM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Why not just have me pay 170 from the get go =P

How would you feel if for example, Future Shop advertises a 90 inch TV for $100, but you had to pay $5000. Once you pay the the $5000, they give you a store credit of $4900. That is essentially how I view my situation.
    Because then you would sell it for profit, and they don't like competition. It'd be more like Future Shop saying, "Hey! You shop at our store a lot! Tell you what, you buy this $5000 TV, and we'll give you a $4900 gift card."

Originally posted by Ek9Max
    Lots of iphone reviews in. And they are all REALLY positive.

http://www.imore.com/first-iphone-5-reviews
    I had to stop after reading the first "review" . Really want to know how the LTE thing turns out before I get one. It'd literally be the only reason I got the 5, and not 4s.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 09-18-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Because then you would sell it for profit, and they don't like competition.

I had to stop after reading the first "review" . Really want to know how the LTE thing turns out before I get one. It'd literally be the only reason I got the 5, and not 4s.

So the people are here simply to just give me reasons why Fido may possibly do this, yet we have Lil Mira here who did not have the same situation apply to him. Just this inconsistency is stupid =P

Once again you are right they it would make sense to prevent selling, but companies such as Rogers, Telus, and Bell don't seem to do this, I just find it odd Fido does.

EDIT: Now I am simply here to just argue your example The $5000 is the advertised price, and the $4900 is the "credit" in this situation, but you don't have this "special" price for the customer that shops here a lot.

So your example would be, "Hey you shop here a lot, the TV is for a small price of $100, but you have to pay $5000 and we will give you a $4900 gift card."

ANYWAYS, not to derail this thread anymore that I already have, has anyone reserved an Iphone through Fido lately? and could you post what position you are in at the moment?

Thanks!
    Last edited by [Yu]; 09-18-2012 at 11:36 PM.

My Ride
    996TT

Originally posted by Kramerica

put iOS6 on my 4, its definitely slower and most noticeable in the music app. Most annoying aspect of the Maps app is that if somebody has google maps on their site you can't open the address in the maps app, hopefully that gets fixed quickly. If I wasn't getting a 5 I'd probably stick with iOS5 for the foreseeable future.
    I put ios 6 on my 4s. I didn't notice a speed drop at all. I actually thought it may be faster in some areas.

impatiently waiting for my 64GB black and 64GB white to arrive on friday!

My Ride
    '10 Civic

Hmm perhaps my wording is incorrect. I get the same result as you. It isn't the price I had to pay that was different, it is the fact that I have to front 400 to pay for a phone that is an "upgrade".

From what I understand, Roger's simply says you get a free upgrade, thus you ONLY pay the 170 and not pay 400 to receive the 230 credit.

This isn't a dispute of what is wrong with the pricing, more so me being a whiney cunt. Seems stupid to advertise the phone as 170, but you must pay 400 and we will just give you the difference. Why not just have me pay 170 from the get go =P
    That makes sense, it's paying out of the pocket that is the issue. Working full time, it's not that big of a deal for me so I got caught up in the details.

Not knowing your/ your brother's situation its tough to give you any advice, hopefully it was just an isolated incident, or idiot employees.

That being said, to get this thread back on track, I actually ordered by phone through the "Business/Corporate" reservation system. I had to call in. As far as I know there is NO priority over other normal online orders.

16GB iphone White
    Order Date: 9/14/2012 2:50:17 PM
    Order Status: In progress(Pre Fulfillment)
    Reservation Spot: 215 out of 811 , the 811 number is slowly going up, my number isnt changing

No shipping eta's or anything on here. I hope I don't get screwed by the manual process rather then reserving online.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 17 26 27 28 37 ... LastLast