Quantcast
Alberta cliff fall kills 2 climbers - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alberta cliff fall kills 2 climbers

The other was a friend's sister. She was young but a very experienced climber. From what I heard it was more of a freak accident. RIP
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Small world, didn’t expect this on here but this news has made its way to the UK. My girlfriend’s aunt has family out in Calgary too and I have only just found out that it was her nephew who was involved in this tragic accident. As far as I know this was his passion and he was very experienced in it.
    Don’t know much more about it but its terrible news. RIP

My Ride
    Trucks

I heard from a climber friend of mine that they both worked for Mount Royal and were in the Climbing dept. (club?) It's all word of mouth, though.

Second victim in Canmore climbing tragedy remembered as 'incredibly adventurous and independent'

Jane Vuong, 25, was an experienced climber, say family members

BY MEGHAN POTKINS, CALGARY HERALD JULY 31, 2012 7:01 PM

STORYPHOTOS ( 3 )

Jane Vuong was killed in a climbing mishap near Canmore this week.
    Photograph by: Courtesy , Kent Vuong
    Family have identified Jane Vuong, 25, as one of two climbers who died Sunday in an accident near Canmore.

Vuong and Ranjit Sidhu, 31, were rappelling down a steep wall on the west side of Heart Mountain Creek when something caused the pair to tumble nearly 100 metres to the ground.

The climbing partners, who were also co-workers at Manulife Insurance, are believed to have suffered a sudden accident shortly before 1 p.m. as they made their way down the cliff face following a long day’s climb.

Vuong’s brother said Tuesday that his little sister was an experienced climber.

“She knew what she was doing,” said Kent Vuong. “Unfortunately none of us will ever know what actually happened on Sunday, but I’m sure it was more of a freak accident than negligence.”

He said his family is still coming to grips with the loss of the petite climber with a taste for adventure.

“She was incredibly adventurous and independent, but at the same time, she always made an effort to let people know she cares for them.”

Friends say Vuong and Sidhu had just begun working together at Manulife Insurance and that the pair had bonded over a mutual interest in extreme sports and the outdoors.

Family of the British-born Sidhu say they are preparing to honour his memory.

“It’s not something you can prepare for. You don’t think of losing a sibling,” said Sidhu’s older sister, Bal Sull.

She said she’s comforted by some of the last words she can remember her brother saying in a conversation about climbing.

“He said if he were to go this way, it would be the best way to go because he did love doing it.”

Read more: http://www.calgaryherald.com/Second+...#ixzz22FjmJyvC

nm
    Last edited by e36bmw///; 03-05-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2