Quantcast
Dragonfly's in the NE? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dragonfly's in the NE?

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Default Dragonfly's in the NE?

Was driving home near Panorama/ Coventry Hills and just as I passed the Tim Hortons / Burger King area it literally looked it it was raining dragonfly's.
    Fucking raining, I could for the entire drive as I turned at the lights, see at least 20-30 of them just soaring in the direction of the wind. Everywhere. Pulled into the garage and as I got out they were just whipping past through houses, yards, garages, alleys.

I've only ever seen 1 or 2 buzzing around in the garden slowly, but it's literally raining them still as I type this over here - fucking disgusting, I had to roll the windows up in fear of 5 or so just whipping in at once and splattering on my face.

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 10:44 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Default Re: Dragonfly's in the NE?

Originally posted by Kijho
    Was driving home near Panorama/ Coventry Hills and just as I passed the Tim Hortons / Burger King area it literally looked it it was raining dragonfly's.
    Fucking raining, I could for the entire drive as I turned at the lights, see at least 20-30 of them just soaring in the direction of the wind. Everywhere. Pulled into the garage and as I got out they were just whipping past through houses, yards, garages, alleys.

I've only ever seen 1 or 2 buzzing around in the garden slowly, but it's literally raining them still as I type this over here - fucking disgusting, I had to roll the windows up in fear of 5 or so just whipping in at once and splattering on my face.
    Last edited by codetrap; 07-31-2012 at 07:54 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

I've noticed they're much bigger this year too, been feasting well on the mosquitoes. Its like they're on steriods

My Ride
    G37X

Who in the hell hates Dragonflys?? Anything that kills mosquitoes is A OK in my books

My Ride
    Sentra

Was running along the reservoir last week Monday and there were thousands of them above us. It was nice to see because it means they were feasting like crazy on mosquitoes. Dragon Fly's are pretty awesome.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

For a second I thought I had developed schizophrenia and was seeing shit.. Wasn't paying any attention as I drove for that second and realized... shit, this is how people die.. seeing things flying around in the sky.

Glad to see your cat has proven me wrong haha!!

And I don't mind them eating the mosquito's at all! I just pictured them swarming and flying into me, I assume at the speed they were whipping by and the massive size they were - would not be fun

My Ride
    S14|TB1

My gfs cat must've ate 3 last night cause he was in the yard pouncing and grabbing the air, then he had triple D's diarrhea .

id like to know what all the other bugs have been eating. they're fucking super glued to my windshield. i need a snow scrapper to get them off.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    MDX

My yard is full of neon blue ones. In love them as my kid can run around in the yard now. I'd rather have dragon flies over mosquitos any day.

Originally posted by Hallowed_point
    Who in the hell hates Dragonflys?? Anything that kills mosquitoes is A OK in my books
    I agree, plus they are called DRAGOOOOOOOOOONflys. How can you hate a dragon!?

Dragonflies are awesome! Eat up boys! Fawking skeeters!

My Ride
    STi

lesser of two evil. Mosquito are terrible this year.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

We have tons of them in the SE as well and they are huge. Ive always been fascinated by them and as others have said, anything that chows on those bloodsucking bastards is all good.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Dragonflies are awesome! Mosquito control and they do nothing to cause humans issues other than guts on your windshield...

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I have no issues with Dragonflies. But I too have noticed there are a ton of them around.

My Ride
    z32 TT

a couple years ago Saskatoon released a ton of them "into the wild" to try to help combat some of the mosquito problems and it made a big difference, great tactic!
    JDM Powrrrr !

Originally posted by canadian booster
    a couple years ago Saskatoon released a ton of them "into the wild" to try to help combat some of the mosquito problems and it made a big difference, great tactic!
    Nice, I hate bugs but I love dragonflies. They even look cool!
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

I'm actually curious to know how dragonflys catch mosquitoes? I heard it had something to do with their tails?

Dragonflies tend to feed mostly on mosquuitoes and midges, although they will also eat other small insects such asfliees, bees and butterflies. They capture their prey while flying, by clasping them in their spike studded legs. The prey can not escape by the normal means of diving away, as the dragonfly always attacks from below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnfeLYdoZQQ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast