Quantcast
Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins. - Page 21 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

Originally posted by Unknown303

I know I'm tempted to go out and get an S3.

No wonder they want to include it in the lawsuit now.
    DO IT!! You won't regret it, unless you get confused easily. lol

Originally posted by schocker
    Genius
    http://gizmodo.com/5940253/chinese-c...phone-5-design
    Brilliant!

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

I haven't clicked the link, but I'm thinking there might be some bias there.

EDIT: Just clicked the link and LOLed. At Zedge.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Ok then.

They are quoting his interview from Gizmodo, but whatever. Like they said, who knows if any of this can be used in the appeal, but it seems apparent the outcome was severely flawed.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 09-05-2012 at 08:50 PM.

He's poorly interpreting answers from the Gizmodo interview. He has no idea what he's talking about, yet he's spewing crap.

That's how you lose credibility in an argument.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I like how they took the replies with the most autocorrect issues (thanks to Android btw) haha. Read the whole Gizmodo link. You'll see all his replies, and it paints a much better picture than 2 responses that seems to make no sense.

Link for the lazy: http://gizmodo.com/apple-vs-samsung/

Coles notes for the lazy:
    - He's never used an Apple or Samsung product. He uses Android.
    - None of the Jurors owned Apple products either.
    - Judge told them not to worry about patent law, so patent is issued, it's valid, period.
    - Never got paid by Apple, nor for any interview he's done
    - Asked about patent law, it is what it is. If you want change, talk to congressman. Doesn't seem to agree with patent laws (my interpretation)
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Cos; 01-02-2017 at 11:27 AM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

It still appears he used his "patent holder" status to lead the jury.

And from here.

http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?s...20904190933195

The law is that the jurors are supposed to decide whether or not a patent is infringed, which *includes* whether or not the patent is valid, because if it is not valid, it can't be infringed.

Jury Instructions, starting on page 42, are talking about how the jury needs to determine if a patent is invalid. I didn't pay close enough attention to the specifics so I don't know which patents Samsung was trying to prove were invalid, but obviously they didn't do a very good job, hahaha.

However, this kinda conflicts with what PJ is saying. She makes it sound like it's the jury's responsibility to determine patent validity for any and all patent cases, and I don't think that's true. In this case Samsung was specifically attacking certain patents saying they were illegitimate.

All that said, none of this contradicts what the juror said, so I don't see what the fuss is about.

My Ride
    8P 3.2

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

+1, Myself nor anyone in my family has had a PC virus for as long as we've been using PC's, which is more than 15 years.

Also, MS Security Essentials, AVG, Avast, etc. are hardly "crippling", and use almost zero system resource. Oh, and they're free.

I honestly don't even know how people manage to get a virus on a PC unless that is your goal.

I have heard people state the sole reason they purchased a Mac though is so they "don't get viruses", and it's pretty sad people actually believe that.

I'm not saying Mac's are any more likely to get a virus than a PC, only that it is EXTREMELY easy to prevent viruses on any computer, and should not in any way be part of one's purchasing criteria.
    Only reason Mac's "Don't get viruses" is that their market share is not high enough to make it worth it. Why spend time programing a virus for something that only has 14% of the market? The iPhones on the other hand...now that hackers have released 12.3 million UDIDs...look out

My Ride
    DA6, R59

lol, this can't be true...

Samsung's payment to Apple

PaperBlog – This morning more than 30 trucks filled with 5-cent coins arrived at Apple’s headquarters in California. Initially, the security company that protects the facility said the trucks were in the wrong place, but minutes later, Tim Cook (Apple CEO) received a call from Samsung CEO explaining that they will pay $1 billion dollars for the fine recently ruled against the South Korean company in this way. The funny part is that the signed document does not specify a single payment method, so Samsung is entitled to send the creators of the iPhone their billion dollars in the way they deem best. This dirty but genius geek troll play is a new headache to Apple executives as they will need to put in long hours counting all that money, to check if it is all there and to try to deposit it crossing fingers to hope a bank will accept all the coins. Lee Kun-hee, Chairman of Samsung Electronics, told the media that his company is not going to be intimidated by a group of “geeks with style” and that if they want to play dirty, they also know how to do it. You can use your coins to buy refreshments at the little machine for life or melt the coins to make computers, that’s not my problem, I already paid them and fulfilled the law. A total of 20 billion coins, delivery hope to finish this week. Let’s see how Apple will respond to this.

Originally posted by jdmXSI
    lol, this can't be true...

Samsung's payment to Apple

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/samsung.asp

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There was only 1 test for patent validity that the jurors had to test for based on the instructions, and that was prior art. They weren't there to challenge patent law. At least, that's what buddy is saying in the responses on the gizmodo interview.

Remember, jurors are regular people like you and me, not lawyers. They learn patent law through the judge and lawyer's explainations during the trial.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by rage2
    There was only 1 test for patent validity that the jurors had to test for based on the instructions, and that was prior art. They weren't there to challenge patent law. At least, that's what buddy is saying in the responses on the gizmodo interview.

Remember, jurors are regular people like you and me, not lawyers. They learn patent law through the judge and lawyer's explainations during the trial.
    The Foreman was a patent holder himself. Pretty sure he knew alot more than the rest of them and used this to sway their decision. One way or the other.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

Don't know if this was posted or not, but here it is anyways and proves why Apple is full of shit

I don't think anybody is denying that Apple is hypocritical and greedy. Welcome to business.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by eblend
    Don't know if this was posted or not, but here it is anyways and proves why Apple is full of shit
    Oh yes that just proves it! Thanks for that image, I dunno what I would've done without it!

You should read up on the patents that's infringing, and you'll see it's not as simple as slide to unlock, or a simple icon homescreen. You know what, I'm not even gonna bother. Scroll up, and read the thread.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Patents are different than inventions.

New rule: anyone wishing to comment should read that over and over until they get it, and then they can post.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    ED-7

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/technolo...43.html?_esi=1

coles notes:
    Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak went on record today with Bloomberg saying, "I don't think the decision of California will hold," adding that he doesn't believe Samsung deserved to lose its case.
    Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I swear he was thrown into the ditch by the VTEC sonic boom.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 ... LastLast