Quantcast
Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins. - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins.

Just wondering, are the Apple fans the least bit upset that all their peripherals will be useless with the 5 launches since the port has changed from the previous Apple products to the new one and the only reason they were given is to: "to make room for the earphone moving to the bottom" ?

(edit: I will state I do have an iPhone 4 and a Samsung galaxy tablet and I prefer the Galaxy's interface, so I'll be getting an android as my next phone... glad I personally didn't spend any money investing in docking stations and stuff that a lot of Apple users have).
    Last edited by 403Gemini; 08-02-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by HyperZell

I dunno, we're still driving Porches that look the same from 20 years ago.

Remember that There have only been 5 iPhones, and two unique designs. That's not bad considering they mainly got it right, at least to their philosophy and standards. Why fix it if it ain't broke?
    The porsche example you used makes absolutely no sense. First you say apple doesn't change the design cause it works. Then You bring up vintage cars how people still drive them even tho Porsche designs now are greatly different (evolution and innovation of the product).

This is the circle talk that feeds the android fanboys and gives them ammo
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by 403Gemini
    Just wondering, are the Apple fans the least bit upset that all their peripherals will be useless with the 5 launches since the port has changed from the previous Apple products to the new one and the only reason they were given is to: "to make room for the earphone moving to the bottom" ?

(edit: I will state I do have an iPhone 4 and a Samsung galaxy tablet and I prefer the Galaxy's interface, so I'll be getting an android as my next phone... glad I personally didn't spend any money investing in docking stations and stuff that a lot of Apple users have).
    If that pin is different, I'm going to be upset as I have like a million chargers around my house, office and car. Also because my pioneer headunit still uses the current style.

Originally posted by Zephyr

If that pin is different, I'm going to be upset as I have like a million chargers around my house, office and car. Also because my pioneer headunit still uses the current style.
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...86M07320120723

The bottom:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

The top:
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Yeah, I'd say the old connector is gone.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

I don't understand Android fanboy logic. Do you guys use some new standard that if it fits in your jean pocket it is all good so bring on the larger screens? Is this the way you guys justify supporting manufacturers issuing larger and larger screen sizes?

A Playbook can fit in a jean pocket, so will all of you switch to a 7" smartphone form factor if they made it?

And why do you guys feel the need to bash the looks? What visual changes are you guys expecting to see? Plastic? You guys speak as if there are limitless possibilities for a 4.5" form factor, so why not share some of your ideas/expectations?

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Originally posted by ZEDGE
    99% of people who buy Android phones are quite happy with the way it is out of the box. They have no idea what version of Android they are on nor do they care. The people who go to XDA, use custom roms etc are a very small minority.
    Agreed, however I had an Android phone for awhile and I'm the person that DL's updates the second they're released which lead to huge frustration with my old phone. Now I see iOS 5.1 release announcement in the morning and update that evening, no issue.
    Originally posted by Kavy
    The iPhone 4 was was not top rated. Remember the antenna issue? It was actually rated extremely poor by most independent reviewers.
    In the firm's defence, he cited figures from its Apple Care service arm which showed that only 0.55% of all iPhone 4 users have complained to the company about the issue.

"Historically for us, this is not a large number. This doesn't jibe with what you read about this problem."

The number of phones returned to Apple was 1.7%, less than the 6% of 3GS models taken back to the shop by their owners.

Mr Jobs also shared data about the number of calls the iPhone4 dropped compared to the 3GS.

This revealed that the iPhone 4 drops only one call more per hundred than its predecessor.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-10665424

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_4#Reviews
    Reviews of the iPhone 4 have been generally favorable. Walt Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal called the device "the best device in its class". Engadget named it the "best smartphone on the market" in June 2010. CNET gave the iPhone 4 a rating of 8.6 out of 10, one of the highest ratings it has given any smartphone. TechRadar gave the device 4.5/5 stars. Consumer Reports said the signal problem was the reason they did not rate it a "recommended" model, although the other tests ranked it highest among smart phones.
    Joshua Topolsky of Engadget described the device's industrial design as being "more detailed and sophisticated" than its predecessor.
    Last edited by Eleanor; 08-02-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

Originally posted by Kg810
    I don't understand Android fanboy logic. Do you guys use some new standard that if it fits in your jean pocket it is all good so bring on the larger screens? Is this the way you guys justify supporting manufacturers issuing larger and larger screen sizes?

Why can't you understand that the market is demanding larger screens? Is it just some magical accident that explains why android is now leading the market?

In my opinion 4.3-4.7 is the ideal size. By your logic you must be using a 19 inch LCD screen as your main entertainment system. I have a 60" at home and I recall Rage has an 80, realistically no one NEEDs that much screen but we want it.

Yeah supe summed it up, the phone market went a complete shift from "who can make the smallest phone possible!" to "who can create the biggest screen on the sleekest platform??"

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

A Playbook can fit in a jean pocket, so will all of you switch to a 7" smartphone form factor if they made it?

And why do you guys feel the need to bash the looks? What visual changes are you guys expecting to see? Plastic? You guys speak as if there are limitless possibilities for a 4.5" form factor, so why not share some of your ideas/expectations?
    Obviously there is a certain point where a phone is too large for your pocket. But to say a 4.3 or even a 4.5 inch phone is so huge it cannot fit is really stretching it... Gnex is 4.65 and it fits just fine. Obviously a 7 inch tablet is much larger.. If people were not buying them do you think they would keep making them? The GS3 has sold 10 million in less than 2 months.. it has a 4.8 inch screen. 50 million Galaxy phones have been sold with 4 inch or bigger screens. People want and like big screens, get over it.
    Last edited by ZEDGE; 08-02-2012 at 05:49 PM.

My Ride

Originally posted by supe

Why can't you understand that the market is demanding larger screens? Is it just some magical accident that explains why android is now leading the market?

In my opinion 4.3-4.7 is the ideal size. By your logic you must be using a 19 inch LCD screen as your main entertainment system. I have a 60" at home and I recall Rage has an 80, realistically no one NEEDs that much screen but we want it.
    What I don't understand is what are you guys doing on your phones that makes it so essential to have larger screen sizes. I've never found myself in a situation where I was like "fml, if only my iPhone screen was 4.3"-5.3" "

How did you come to that conclusion? I'm actually the same way you are. My iPhone is a smartphone so its tasks are limited to just that, given everyday circumstances. That means light web surfing/YouTube (on the way to work, lunch, on the shitter), games (shitter), phone calls, text/chat, social media updates, and to take quick pictures.

If I need a larger screen I'll use my desktop or HDTV.

If I need portability and a larger screen I'll use my iPad or ultrabook.

If I want to play real games I use my desktop and/or PS3. Same goes for movies.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

What I don't understand is what are you guys doing on your phones that makes it so essential to have larger screen sizes. I've never found myself in a situation where I was like "fml, if only my iPhone screen was 4.3"-5.3" "

How did you come to that conclusion? I'm actually the same way you are. My iPhone is a smartphone so its tasks are limited to just that, given everyday circumstances. That means light web surfing/YouTube (on the way to work, lunch, on the shitter), games (shitter), phone calls, text/chat, social media updates, and to take quick pictures.

If I need a larger screen I'll use my desktop or HDTV.

If I want to play real games I use my desktop and/or PS3. Same goes for movies.

We are doing the same things you are doing but on a bigger screen.. why the fuck is that so hard to understand? Holy shit...

After you use a bigger screen for a while, surfing the web, watching videos etc is awesome. The iphone screen looks so tiny to me, it just sucks imo. If it works for you, great, I'm happy for you.

Why are you guys so hung up on this???

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You won't need an iPad if your phone has a larger screen.

My Ride

Originally posted by ZEDGE

We are doing the same things you are doing but on a bigger screen.. why the fuck is that so hard to understand? Holy shit...

After you use a bigger screen for a while, surfing the web, watching videos etc is awesome. The iphone screen looks so tiny to me, it just sucks imo. If it works for you, great, I'm happy for you.

Why are you guys so hung up on this???
    Lol I'm only trying to understand why all the Android fanboys out there keep chirping about larger screens. Every single article I read about smartphones has Android users hyping up their larger screens but never bother explaining why it is so important that they are willing to sacrifice a smaller form factor for. To be honest, you guys are doing a pretty shitty job too.

Again, I only started replying to this thread after people started commenting on Samsung being better because of a larger screen.

Originally posted by benyl

Not sure if serious....

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by benyl
    I can't imagine trying to use remote desktop or Citrix with anything smaller than the iPad screen.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Lol I'm only trying to understand why all the Android fanboys out there keep chirping about larger screens. Every single article I read about smartphones has Android users hyping up their larger screens but never bother explaining why it is so important that they are willing to sacrifice a smaller form factor for. To be honest, you guys are doing a pretty shitty job too.

Again, I only started replying to this thread after people started commenting on Samsung being better because of a larger screen.

Not sure if serious....
    Why do you need to understand it? You don't have to justify to me why a 3.5 inch screen is good enough for you. Its a matter of preference. End of story.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Not sure if serious....
    You are coming across like a 16 year old apple fanboy in your posts.

If you have something constructive to say out with it, otherwise im under the impression you are just here to troll.

When it comes to screen size use your brain. Some People use their phones for videos and reading, bigger screen = better experience......or do you watch tv at home on a 19" tube tv?
    Last edited by Kavy; 08-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I love the fact when I'm using whatsapp/text on my Android that I can actually see a LOT of the message/convo.

Where as with the iPhone, you've literally got about 2 lines of the message at view which is shit. And no option of hiding the keyboard.

Everyone has a purpose for a bigger screen, but for different reasons. At the end of the day it's a bit daft how Apple have some ridiculous patents and they clearly have too much money and don't know what to do it but go after everyone for re-inventing 'their' smartphone.

My Ride
    A big red Taco, '99 4Runner

Now today, Apple wants the court to rule in it's favor because of leaked evidence from Samsung that was barred from court.
    http://www.crn.com/news/mobility/240...-documents.htm
    Last edited by ZMan2k2; 08-03-2012 at 11:02 AM.

My Ride
    You Crazy

The evidence in question is a document released this week that suggests Apple's early iPhone designs borrowed concepts from Sony. Former Apple designer Shin Nishibori was allegedly instructed by Apple higher-ups to reference Sony's designs while creating its own smartphone prototypes, the document claims. Samsung's legal team hoped to use this evidence to prove that Apple is just as much as a copy-cat as it alleges Samsung to be.

The evidence was rejected by Judge Koh because it was introduced too late into the trial, but the documents were leaked into the media, a move that Apple dubbed "serious misconduct" on Samsung's part. As a result, Apple requested the court sanction Samsung.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast