Quantcast
Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins.

I can't see how this will benefit Apple in anyway. It appears the vast majority think Apple is retarded for even bothering. Even if they win the suit, the negative press is going to hurt them more then what they'll gain.

On top of all this, I think most of realize their "innovative ideas" are typically nothing more then a renamed idea of someone elses. Just because you give something existing a fancy new name doesn't mean you invented it...

I used to be a big fan of Apple but now there is not one product out there I care to have. Everything they have, someone else has with more features, better specs at a better price point.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by dr_jared88
    I can't see how this will benefit Apple in anyway. It appears the vast majority think Apple is retarded for even bothering. Even if they win the suit, the negative press is going to hurt them more then what they'll gain.

On top of all this, I think most of realize their "innovative ideas" are typically nothing more then a renamed idea of someone elses. Just because you give something existing a fancy new name doesn't mean you invented it...

I used to be a big fan of Apple but now there is not one product out there I care to have. Everything they have, someone else has with more features, better specs at a better price point.
    I haven't seen Apple say they invented something. The only thing they say is that they changed the way a certain existing item is done.

They changed the way tablets are seen now. They changed the way a smart phone operates. They changed our expectations on how a personal computer works. They have always been a company that strives on making products more accessible and friendlier to consumers.

What's wrong with them charging a premium. In any industry there is always a company charging more for something a competitor can sell for cheaper. If there is a market for it, then it will strive.

Originally posted by Kavy
    Apple really needs to start stepping up their products instead of spending all their time in the court room.
    This.

I will give Apple credit for pushing the smartphone industry to new heights. However what is really that much different between the original iPhone and the iPhone 4S?

At the end of the day the only improvements were simple upgrades to things like processor speed, camera megapixels and screen resolution. Not exactly any new innovation here.

Steve Jobs was butthurt from day one over Bill Gates and Microsoft, and he took that to the grave with him, and in the process built a company full of resentment towards every other company.

Apple is like the Israel of the tech world: full of geniuses who are too proud of themselves to realize they are making themselves look horrible in front of the rest of the world.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Originally posted by Zephyr

I haven't seen Apple say they invented something. The only thing they say is that they changed the way a certain existing item is done.

They changed the way tablets are seen now. They changed the way a smart phone operates. They changed our expectations on how a personal computer works. They have always been a company that strives on making products more accessible and friendlier to consumers.

What's wrong with them charging a premium. In any industry there is always a company charging more for something a competitor can sell for cheaper. If there is a market for it, then it will strive.
    I never said there is a problem charging a premium or that they won't survive. I just believe their days of dominating the mobile market is going to quickly diminish if they don't change something soon.

The mobile market isn't like say the automobile market. Selling high priced disposable electronic devices (which is pretty much what a mobile device is) is not going to survive the way a high end car will. At least after 5 years the high end car is still worth something.

On top of all this, newer devices are rapidly catching Apple and now there are numerous devices for about half the price of an Apple that do nearly everything equal or better then the Apple.

They are riding off their name and unless they change something they could very likely end up like RIM. The only thing that is holding RIM up is their corporate infrastructure that so many companies are invested in. I don't know if Apple has quite this same life line.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Originally posted by dr_jared88

2Billion dollars + destroying your competition VS some negative press.

I'll take "Show me the money" for 2Billion please Alex.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    You Crazy

Fuck apple.

The last apple product I owned, besides one gifted Ipod, was an apple IIc.

Always gotta try and muddy the water with their non standard, proprietary bullshit, and now they wanna sue Samsung for making rectangular thin phones? What? They didnt try and patent rectangular thin monitors, or keyboards? The whole fucking world is rectangles for fuck sakes.

Good grief.

If someone gave me an Iphone, I would sell it even before this fiasco.

It is mind boggling what a doped out of his skull hippy managed to create though. That is amazing.

Originally posted by codetrap
    2Billion dollars + destroying your competition VS some negative press.

I'll take "Show me the money" for 2Billion please Alex.
    If they end up with 2 billion plus Samsung no longer exists after this, then by all means it's worth it. However I see this as a very very unlikely result of the lawsuit.

My Ride
    '03 ep3

How is the jury formulated in this case? If it consists of our peers I wonder how many hipster brainwashed Apple users will be in it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SmAcKpOo
    How is the jury formulated in this case? If it consists of our peers I wonder how many hipster brainwashed Apple users will be in it.
    If you understand the court process, I'm sure that Samsung lawyers have dismissed jurors that are "hipster brainwashed Apple users".

Samsung won't go away after this. Apple is only going after specific products that look really close to the iPhone/iPad.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Originally posted by rage2
    Apple is only going after specific products that look really close to the iPhone/iPad.
    25 of them
    ---

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Base on Apple's theory, HP should sue Apple for huge amount of $ too.

I did a double take when I saw this, then nearly fell over when I found out it wasn't a joke.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by Seth1968

I did a double take when I saw this, then nearly fell over when I found out it wasn't a joke.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

no Joke. lol. My dad loved these things. I think he still has one or two lol

Originally posted by Toma

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPAQ

no Joke. lol. My dad loved these things. I think he still has one or two lol
    So Compaq iPAQ then Apple iPod...WTF?

Why didn't Compaq sue?

A joke?

One of the most popular pdas in the early-to-mid 2000s.

Great PDAs, but Windows mobile made the devices increasingly useless.

They were actually made by HTC, until HTC built up enough experience to break out on their own.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    Bicycle

So Compaq iPAQ then Apple iPod...WTF?

Why didn't Compaq sue?
    For one, original iPod has no touch screen and strictly a music device and is nothing like an iPAQ.

iPod touch is on the scene almost 7-8 years behind iPAQ in form and function.

The failure of iPAQ is caused by Microsoft's inability to adopt Windows for the touchscreen world. Window CE is not a bad OS but the GUI is just retarded.

Most iPAQ these days are limited to business use. Mostly for warehouse scanners or any type of business software that too costly to rewrite for other platforms like the iPod Touch/iPhone.

HP acquired Compaq but retired the brand years later. iPAQ is the only legacy reference to the old company.

Originally posted by HyperZell
    Only a tech retard will fall for that argument.

Every car has a windshield, steering wheel and 2 paddles.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 07-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Xtrema,

I was referring to the name.

BTW- Ditto on the car analogy.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Only a tech retard will fall for that argument.

You've just described the judge and jury.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Motorola a1000

Technology has allowed bigger screens, thinner phones, cleaner layouts, better touch screens, very thin Li Ion batteries etc. It's a natural progression.

Last edited by Toma; 07-31-2012 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast