Quantcast
Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins. - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins.

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by ZEDGE

The problem is the Apple fanboys cannot grasp the fact that some people like choice. ONOES he likes a HUGE SCREEN!@@ OMGWTFBBQ who would want that!? Ewww gross..etc etc.

I may not like Apple but I am not going to go crazy because people like their small phone with a small screen..Apple, Android or otherwise.
    Well this whole thread was about Samsung copying Apple. Samsung lovers can only argue that their screen is bigger.

This will never get anywhere, although I do find it amusing. I will use an Android phone, just nothing stands out to me still.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Zephyr
    If these phones get any bigger...I swear it's like we're going back in time.

Introducing the new Samsung Galaxy Vintage

Plays all your mp3s in true stereo!
    Introducing the iphone 5 & 5s & 6 & 6s & 7 & 7s

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Originally posted by Kavy

Introducing the iphone 5 & 5s & 6 & 6s & 7 & 7s

I don't get it. Apple released the 3G, updated the specs with the 3GS, redesigned and released the 4, updated the specs with the 4S, and is now redesigned and releasing the 5.

How does that minimal repetition garner a company a reputation for bot changing anything? I'd rather have them tweak a very good design than have them release 30 models in a year, scattershot.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Well this whole thread was about Samsung copying Apple. Samsung lovers can only argue that their screen is bigger.

This will never get anywhere, although I do find it amusing. I will use an Android phone, just nothing stands out to me still.
    And now Apple is releasing a new iphone with a larger screen... hmm

My Ride
    Grimace

But Nexus 7 is a tablet..... we were talking about phones.
    Oh I am just letting you know how big pockets are
    Note is a monster though. I would never go bigger than says an SGS2 or 3 though. That is near limit for being able to walk around properly. Since they are quite thin it is ok, I stopped using a case for this reason.

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

While we're on the topic of ripping off ideas, that notification pull down in iOS looks pretty damn familiar. It goes both ways.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by HyperZell

I don't get it. Apple released the 3G, updated the specs with the 3GS, redesigned and released the 4, updated the specs with the 4S, and is now redesigned and releasing the 5.

How does that minimal repetition garner a company a reputation for bot changing anything? I'd rather have them tweak a very good design than have them release 30 models in a year, scattershot.
    My picture did not show specs, nor did it show redesign because the front of the phone has looked the same for all models to date except for the addition of the front camera (which is barely visible).

If keeping the same design is innovation then why are we all not driving model T's with updated interiors and engines?
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by supe
    While we're on the topic of ripping off ideas, that notification pull down in iOS looks pretty damn familiar. It goes both ways.
    lol..indeed, its a complete ripoff of Android. I wonder if Google is trying to patent it.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by supe
    Good applied for the patent for that though

My Ride
    CBR600RR

Are you thick? I chose a phone with a big screen because I liked it. With Android phones you have a choice, small screen, large screen, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, whatever. Is there something wrong with that? With Apple you get one phone with one size screen, no choice.
    I'll give you that you get choices with Android, without a doubt, however Apple chose a different model that suits other people's needs better. I wanted to get a phone that I didn't need to go on to xda devs every two weeks to get a hack & slash firmware update for my 3 month old phone because Motorola/HTC/Samsung/Sony/Rogers/Telus/Bell can't get their shit together and get me the latest version of Android so that half the google play store becomes unavailable because I'm stuck on 2.3 while google's pushing out 4.1 to everyone
    Don't criticize people for liking different things that you may not.
    How many times did you get involved in PS3 vs. 360 debates?
    The problem is the Apple fanboys cannot grasp the fact that some people like choice.
    The problem with Android fanboys is that they assume that everyone with an iPhone only bought it because it's Apple and not because they're consistently one of the top rated phones and have some of the best customer support in the industry.

I don't care which phone you bought, so long as you can show that you did your homework and not blindly go one way or the other without a legitimate reason
    Last edited by Eleanor; 08-02-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Are you thick? I chose a phone with a big screen because I liked it. With Android phones you have a choice, small screen, large screen, HTC, Motorola, Samsung, whatever. Is there something wrong with that? With Apple you get one phone with one size screen, no choice. Don't criticize people for liking different things..that you may not. Just because you don't like big phones with larger screens means no one else should and they should not be made? My Gnex fits fine in my pocket.. what are you some 90lb emo with skin tight jeans?
    Right, you choose it because you like the phone, just like everyone else. The impression I got from you and your Apple hate is that iPhone users like be told what they want and don't choose what's best for them. You made the claim that you don't like anyone telling you what you want and I responded to that. Maybe you should have said you like having multiple options to choose from that meet your individual needs and wants.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with have different screen sizes. But you'd have to be pretty retarded to expect Apple to offer multiple screen size selections like the 4+ Android manufacturers.

I'm the one criticizing? I'm pretty sure I was just responding to a few people criticizing Apple for lagging behind in screen sizes, lulz. And when did -I- complain about larger phones not fitting in my pockets? .... Are you thick? I'm pretty sure with your hate for Apple you've criticized a fair share of iPhone users yourself.

I'm actually 45lbs and I can't afford jeans because I spend all my welfare cheques on Apple products

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by Eleanor

because it's Apple and not because they're consistently one of the top rated phones
    You sure about that bud?
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

This +100000

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

My samsung galaxy S2 was cheaper than a 4S at the time so that was a big decision maker. Do iPhones at least come with a wall charger now?
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

You sure about that bud?
    Yes. The 4 received top ratings when it came out, as did the 4S. When you start comparing them to recent phones when they are nearing the end of their cycle, of course they don't look as good. But what phone does?

My Ride
    CBR600RR

You sure about that bud?
    Yes, the iPhone 4S had the weakest reviews out of any of the iPhones and most everyone still puts it near the top on the ranking scale. Right now it's pretty much iPhone/SGSIII/Galaxy Nexus for the top rated phones out there.

Originally posted by msommers
    My samsung galaxy S2 was cheaper than a 4S at the time so that was a big decision maker. Do iPhones at least come with a wall charger now?
    Yes, they have for awhile..... My two year iPhone 4 came with one
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

The apple vs android fight took 5 pages. Normally it's in the first page so this was a nice change.

Bottom line.

Apple fan boys will defend everything apple does to the death and discredit every other manufacturer and android.

Android fan boys will call apple owners sheep and constantly remind apple owners that they overpay.

There is no winning in this discussion for either side but I do enjoy watching.
    Agree, watching the fan boys for both sides come out in droves is hilarious.

Curious about all the people "bitching" about the 4.8" screen size saying its "too big" ... are you all asian with tiny hands? I Have an iPhone 4 but I've used my friends Samsung galaxy S3 with the same comfort as my 4, it also fit in my pocket just fine

I suggest stop wearing skinny jeans if you do and stop griping about being biologically "smaller"

Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

My picture did not show specs, nor did it show redesign because the front of the phone has looked the same for all models to date except for the addition of the front camera (which is barely visible).

If keeping the same design is innovation then why are we all not driving model T's with updated interiors and engines?
    I dunno, we're still driving Porches that look the same from 20 years ago.

Remember that There have only been 5 iPhones, and two unique designs. That's not bad considering they mainly got it right, at least to their philosophy and standards. Why fix it if it ain't broke?

I agree, I'd like to see something newer and sharper for the new iPhone, but I definitely don't think that Apple has lagged in design because they aren't creative or whatever.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Eleanor
    I'll give you that you get choices with Android, without a doubt, however Apple chose a different model that suits other people's needs better. I wanted to get a phone that I didn't need to go on to xda devs every two weeks to get a hack & slash firmware update for my 3 month old phone because Motorola/HTC/Samsung/Sony/Rogers/Telus/Bell can't get their shit together and get me the latest version of Android so that half the google play store becomes unavailable because I'm stuck on 2.3 while google's pushing out 4.1 to everyone
    How many times did you get involved in PS3 vs. 360 debates?
    The problem with Android fanboys is that they assume that everyone with an iPhone only bought it because it's Apple and not because they're consistently one of the top rated phones and have some of the best customer support in the industry.

I don't care which phone you bought, so long as you can show that you did your homework and not blindly go one way or the other without a legitimate reason
    99% of people who buy Android phones are quite happy with the way it is out of the box. They have no idea what version of Android they are on nor do they care. The people who go to XDA, use custom roms etc are a very small minority.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Originally posted by HyperZell

Yes. The 4 received top ratings when it came out, as did the 4S. When you start comparing them to recent phones when they are nearing the end of their cycle, of course they don't look as good. But what phone does?
    The iPhone 4 was was not top rated. Remember the antenna issue? It was actually rated extremely poor by most independent reviewers.

I own a lot of apple products so I am not a hater I just think some of the stuff said in this thread about apple is so bloody fanboy it's rediculious and makes me embarrassed to be an apple supporter.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 20 ... LastLast