Quantcast
Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins. - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple v. Samsung, who copied who? The court battle begins.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's too bad the F700 debate won't happen in court, I'd be interested to see how the jury sides on that one.

IMO, the F700 is quite different. It's a slide out keyboard phone, and while the icons are arranged the same way in the menu (as were Palm and BB's of that era), the interface is quite different. But ya, in still shots on the menu screen, it does resemble an iPhone in the home screen.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    06 Civic DX-g

Originally posted by rage2
    It's too bad the F700 debate won't happen in court, I'd be interested to see how the jury sides on that one.

IMO, the F700 is quite different. It's a slide out keyboard phone, and while the icons are arranged the same way in the menu (as were Palm and BB's of that era), the interface is quite different. But ya, in still shots on the menu screen, it does resemble an iPhone in the home screen.
    I would have to say there is no doubt that Samsung would have eventually updated the looks of the icons to something similar to what they have now. In reality the looks of the first galaxy s is very similar to this phone moreso than the Iphone.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Originally posted by johnboy27

I would have to say there is no doubt that Samsung would have eventually updated the looks of the icons to something similar to what they have now. In reality the looks of the first galaxy s is very similar to this phone moreso than the Iphone.
    Good thing the law doesn't operate on "what-ifs"...

I feel like Toma and his old heart will give out every time he argues on here. He gets so riled up!

Curious to measure pressure of his key strokes and volume of sweat, spit and blood he spews every time he types the word Apple.

Be well and easy, Toma. We are scared for you!!!

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by ZorroAMG
    I feel like Toma and his old heart will give out every time he argues on here. He gets so riled up!

Curious to measure pressure of his key strokes and volume of sweat, spit and blood he spews every time he types the word Apple.

Be well and easy, Toma. We are scared for you!!!
    lol....

take it easy, I don't get excited, I'm just expressive.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/13/32...-samsung-trial

Amongst other issues, Samsung argued that Apple hadn't provided a reason why the international Galaxy S, S II, or Ace should be included in the list of accused devices. All three products weren't offered for direct sale in the United States by Samsung or any of Samsung's subsidiaries — carriers received their own variants — and with the trial only covering devices sold in the US, the burden of proof was on Apple to argue why they should have been included in the first place. Koh agreed that Apple hadn't sufficiently proven why the international devices should be part of the case, and granted Samsung's motion to exclude them.
    This is pretty funny when all Apples comparisons are based on the international version..which has never been for sale in the US.. lol.

My Ride
    Bicycle

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/14/apple-...diamond-touch/

Samsung say Apple stole from Mitsubishi and should never be granted a patent on pinch-to-zoom.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Xtrema
    http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/14/apple-...diamond-touch/

Samsung say Apple stole from Mitsubishi and should never be granted a patent on pinch-to-zoom.
    I saw a pinch to resize in that video, so that might be a "stretch" of an argument for Samsung.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I saw a pinch to resize in that video, so that might be a "stretch" of an argument for Samsung.
    From an implementation standpoint, zooming is resizing. Whether or not it exceeds the boundaries of the window is irrelevant.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by whiskas
    From an implementation standpoint, zooming is resizing. Whether or not it exceeds the boundaries of the window is irrelevant.
    If pinch-to-zoom is the same as drag-to-resize, then Samsung might as well claim prior art on my asshole everytime I take a shit and pinch a loaf. It's pretty much the same thing. Now where are my royalties???

My Ride
    You Crazy

If pinch-to-zoom is the same as drag-to-resize, then Samsung might as well claim prior art on my asshole everytime I take a shit and pinch a loaf. It's pretty much the same thing. Now where are my royalties???
    Why, did you patent your assholes ability, and are trying to prevent samsung from using that technology?

LOL.... your getting a bit thin with your apple support lol

Its a good decent phone with a stable operating system. That is one thing it really does have going for it.

My Ride
    You Crazy

The infringement just won't stop.

Doing a custom tune on a whipple 2.9 2012 Mustang 5.0...

Using a Diablo InTune....

and fuck me,

Another Samsung Clone!

My Ride
    Bicycle

^ looks like someone got a hold of surplus 3GS casings from China

My Ride
    Tesla Model 3 AWD

http://www.bgr.com/2012/08/15/apple-...al-settlement/

Judge Lucy Koh on Wednesday gave Apple (AAPL) and Samsung (005930) one more chance to settle their differences before something happens that they might regret. According to AllThingsD, Koh told the two companies that a jury verdict would mean “risks for both sides” and prodded them to take yet another crack at negotiating some sort of agreement while declaring that “it’s time for peace.” AllThingsD says that both companies agreed to at least call one another on the phone in response to Koh’s pleas.
    I really hope they don't settle and they both get burned so this shit can just be settled once and for all. Fight in the consumer market not in the courtroom.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Verdict scorecard:
    * Jury finds Samsung infringement of Apple utility, design patents for some (though not all) products
    * Jury upholds Apple utility, design patents
    * Jury upholds Apple trade dress '983
    * Jury finds Samsung "diluted" Apple's registered iPhone, iPhone 3 and "Combination iPhone" trade dress on some products, not on others
    * No Apple infringement of Samsung utility patents
    * Jury found Samsung violated antitrust law by monopolizing markets related to the UMTS standard

Damages:
    * $1.05 billion in TOTAL damages assessed to Samsung
    * No damages against Apple from Samsung's countersuit
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Hatred

Wow that is a load of bullshit. But really what's 1 billion to Samsung anyways. they turn it around on Apple and appeal I bet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/app...ry?id=17076455
    -U

Next GM will sue Ford for building a car shaped car.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Kavy

* Jury found Samsung violated antitrust law by monopolizing markets related to the UMTS standard
    You sure about that? The liveblog I was following indicated the opposite. No violation of Section 2 of the Sherman Antitrust Act or breach of obligations when developing the UMTS standard.

At any rate, the jury deliberations were incredibly fast. 700 items about complex patent, design, and antitrust law and the jury polished them all off and awarded damages in just 21 hours - that's an average of 1.8 minutes per item. Also interesting to note is that in at least two cases, the jury found that Samsung did not infringe on a particular Apple patent - and then awarded damages to Apple anyway. That'll be fixed shortly, but it really underscores how incredibly rushed the verdicts were. Expect a lengthy appeal from Samsung.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

That was way too quick. Appeal coming shortly.

This just in; Atari suing Nintendo for making game consoles. Maybe Rickenbacker will sue Gibson for making electric guitars too.

What a goddamn waste of time. Of course if you make a great innovation it's going to be incorporated into other designs. That's called moving forward.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Pretty much this.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/app...5#.UDhLFdZlQ3g

Samsung, stung by the verdict, called it "a loss for the American consumer."

"It will lead to fewer choices, less innovation, and potentially higher prices," said Samsung in a statement. "It is unfortunate that patent law can be manipulated to give one company a monopoly over rectangles with rounded corners, or technology that is being improved every day by Samsung and other companies."

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 ... LastLast