Quantcast
salvage inspection - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: salvage inspection

Default salvage inspection

hey i have a 2007 honda cbr600rr and it needs a salvage done on it, the only thing is the signal light flash at double speed and my mirrors are not DOT approved, does anyone know someone that will pass it as it is? i dont feel like spending the money to get stock parts for a two hour inspection

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

My Ride
    12' Civic, 88' Prelude, 02' F350

Good luck. Salvage inspections are the most stringent of them all. No one wants to risk their inspection facility license anymore either. Why don't you just get those two things fixed properly? It shouldn't cost you much money.

My Ride
    V8s

Although not a salvage, I've always had good luck at Walt Healy for OOPs. I took a heavily modified 636 in there and they gave me some quick pointers after the failed inspection on what the minimum was for making it pass. Mirrors might be an issue, I can't forsee the signal light blink rate mattering though. If it does cause a problem, just buy a little resistor for each light and throw it in the lighting wiring - that should fix it.

YYC & a huge farm in the (deep) south, central Sask
    My Ride
    12 cars trucks & bikes. From 1938 till new.

^ Either that or if it has LED "bulbs", switch to conventional non-led bulbs to slow down the blink rate. If you were to take apart the actual blinker "relay" you can replace the capacitor inside to whatever you want to adjust the blink rate to whatever you want it to be. Its not hard, I've done that tons of times as a teenager.

a 2200mF capacitor is pretty much standard, the smaller the cap, the faster the blink rate. So a 1000mF cap will be very fast, but a 3300mF will slow it way the hell down. (etc etc). You can pick up whatever size of capacitor you need at Active Electronics on 32nd ave & 19th st NE.
    All you have to do is unsolder the old one out, then solder the new one in.
    You can also put three 1000mF caps together in parallel to create (essentially) a 3000mF cap if you want to fine tune it and so on from there.
    Just make sure the capacitor voltage is 12volts or higher. Most are 5.5 volts which is standard electronic circuitry voltage. The cap will last all of 20seconds if you put 12 volts into one of those. Or just PM me, I can do it for you.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side"

well i was thinking of putting the stock signal lights on and stock mirrors just for the salvage cause after that i really dont give a fuck, and ill switch everything back

My Ride
    Bang Bus

Take it to tj cycle on Blackfoot for the salvage inspection. Great guys to deal with