Quantcast
Calgary Auto Quest & Calgary Auto Connection - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calgary Auto Quest & Calgary Auto Connection

My Ride
    2018 Audi Q5 2.0T - Stage 2 Tuned

Default Calgary Auto Quest & Calgary Auto Connection

Hi everyone,

I am looking at buying my mother in law a Merc from here, potentially (assuming a call with the VIN to NB Canada and an inspection @ Lone Star work out).

Has anyone had any dealings or heard anything about these lots/ Generally I stay far away from these types of non-manufacturer-aligned curb siders, but they have a unit she wants in the colour I can't find...

Appreciate any comments, beyonders.

My Ride
    2012 TOYOTA TACOMA TRD SPORT

Please keep in mind that these people are not "curb siders", these are legitimate licensed car dealers that take thier business seriously.

I don't know these guys personally, but try not to judge people just because they don't have a $10 million dollar building and 80 staff members. Remember, small business it what drives our economy.

Don't be fooled by BIG Box Franchise car dealers, they can often be unscrupulous. Just like anything else there are good ones and bad ones.

Remember that Independant small business car lots tend to work hard for your business, often offer much more personalized service and tend to know the product much better than some sales guy at a big car dealership that has skipped from job to job (car salesperson staff turn over is very high). Often you are talking directly to the owner of the small car lot.

Also if they offer financing through the large banks you have to realize that these large banks don't let just anyone loan out thier money. These dealers essentially become mini branches of the bank handling car loans only. There is a tonne of responsibility involved in that and they are heavily scrutinized by the banks.

So keep an open mind. It's very likely you will find the best deal with the small guy because his/her overhead is low and they truly do appreciate your business.

Cheers

Tuner1 is offline Tunerworks Guru (E36S50B32)
    My Ride
    ///MPower, 4x4, Bianchi & Trek

I have purchased two vehicles from Calgary Auto Connection on Horton Rd. Both transactions were positive.

My Ride
    Treg/B7

I have purchased two cars from Calgary Auto Quest. They were easy to deal with, honest and followed through on our agreements.

Financing was easy through them and they used TD bank. On one of the cars the spare tire was punctured and no one noticed till after we drove off. I called them two days later and they got a new tire mounted with no hesitation.

So it was nice to see they didnt just say too bad. This played a large role in me going back again for a second vehicle. It also helps that their pricing is very competitive.

My Ride
    '08 Audi A6 4.2L S-line

Originally posted by Rarasaurus
    I have purchased two cars from Calgary Auto Quest. They were easy to deal with, honest and followed through on our agreements.

Financing was easy through them and they used TD bank. On one of the cars the spare tire was punctured and no one noticed till after we drove off. I called them two days later and they got a new tire mounted with no hesitation.

So it was nice to see they didnt just say too bad. This played a large role in me going back again for a second vehicle. It also helps that their pricing is very competitive.

I purchased my Audi A6 from there in Feb, worth every penny.

Very friendly, even gave me a deal I should not have been offered on my Murano. I would go to them again in a heartbeat. Also - The owner and I used to work together at Totem, so that helped. haha

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Parents bought a Ford Edge from Calgary Auto Quest last summer. The guy they dealt with was very friendly.

After going to big name dealerships their whole lives they said this was a much better experience overall.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

BUMP

Beyond pulls through again.

Was sketchy about a car I want at Auto Quest. Now I'll actually go see the car instead of straight-up thinking it's a lemon hence the awesome price.

Anyone have any updated reviews on Auto Quest?

Purchased a vehicle from auto quest, overall not bad experience. Just remember they are salesmen so go in with your bottom line for both pricing and repairs prior to possession.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Make sure you see the carproof on whatever vehicle you're interested in purchasing.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by gqmw
    Anyone have any updated reviews on Auto Quest?
    Spent some time looking at a car there a month or two ago, guys seemed decent and were upfront about the history on the car. All the vehicles that I saw there seemed to be in good shape as well.

My Ride
    335i

Zain the owner of Calgary Auto Quest is a very stand up guy.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

Bumping an old thread up! +1 on this, did a quick Google on Calgary Auto Quest as they have two STI's in their lot right now. Seeing this thread - I might go take a look at them (if still available)

A few friends of mine used to work with the owner of Auto Quest. He's a pretty good guy. Met him a few times myself.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

How easy is negotiating pricing with these "smaller" used dealers? The two STI's I'm seeing:
    One has 19K km's - $36,000
    One has 33K km's - $36,000 same price nearly double km's!

(Both the same model etc.) What would be the best way to approach? (This would be my first big car purchase. I plan on financing some thru my own bank and bringing cash into the dealer.)

My Ride
    Silverado

Looks like they have a pretty good selection of cars. When oil gets back to $100/bbl I will totally be there.

Make sure you ask about accident's before becoming too attached. A lot of cars there do have a few under them. I believe the M3 they have has like a 40k claim on it haha...

Wasn't there a thread on here about a really nice "non accident" white BMW 135i msport that showed a lot of accident damage on the carproof?

If they get them from dealer auction, you have to be weary why a dealer didn't pick it up first if it's a 3 year old lease return.

My bro bought a car from there before, did the due diligence on the car, was a local one owner, no accident on carproof. Everything turned out and the guy was nice.

My Ride
    2020 Tacoma DCSB

I'm looking at this (and another 2013 model identical) http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/certi...2ededc28f6.htm

Says car-proof + 3rd party inspection comes with all vehicles. "Certified" haha, whatever that means... 4.9% APR. Thoughts on that rate? I was actually expecting a higher rate from such a dealer, like 7 or 8.

Not much more details though. I can see headlight mods (painted black inside), brake rotors, tinted windows, the red tape on the steering wheel, and the 'objects in mirror are losing' decal on the side mirror. Thoughts??
    Last edited by Kijho; 01-16-2015 at 08:18 AM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Kijho
    I'm looking at this (and another 2013 model identical) http://www.calgaryautoquest.ca/certi...2ededc28f6.htm

Says car-proof + 3rd party inspection comes with all vehicles. "Certified" haha, whatever that means... 4.9% APR. Thoughts on that rate? I was actually expecting a higher rate from such a dealer, like 7 or 8.

Not much more details though. I can see brake rotors, tinted windows, the red tape on the steering wheel, and the 'objects in mirror are losing' decal on the side mirror. Thoughts??
    A brand new 2015 would only be a coupe grand more from Subaru. If they had any 2014s left over (I doubt it), it would be the same price with allowances from Subaru.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast