Quantcast
Distracted Driving Ticket... For Scratching - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Distracted Driving Ticket... For Scratching

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

lol. when i asked the cop if he measured the noise level of my exhaust he said no. So I asked him how he determined it was too loud. He said " a normal car is 1 out of 10 and your car is 10 out of 10."

i did fight the fact that i hadn't widened the exhaust but in the court that didn't seem to matter at all since the officer didn't measure the outlet, didn't know the stock size, didn't know the inlet size etc. i basically tried to fight the size issue but even the judge turned it around and convicted me based on noise. I wish i had the transcript for all you internet litigators

btw cos I only brought up the fact that I was a p.eng since YYC was intent on calling me an idiot and saying that I obviously didn't present my case in a professional manner.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

littledan, did you present your own case? or did you only ask questions to try to counter and poke holes into the crown's case?
    ---

My Ride
    LEXUS LX470

the case that I presented was that I had not "widened" the exhaust outlet. I had replaced the factory exhaust with an aftermarket version that had not been modified in any way. I also showed that while the tip was large, the inlet and outlet were much smaller. I had the greddy evo2 on my 95 SRV prelude at the time. This was back in ~2004. While I can agree with everyone that fart can exhausts are fricken annoying, i had a nice tuned system with 3 resonators and a muffler.

this particular cop just had it out for me. he had pulled me over about 2 weeks prior and given me an exhaust ticket. saw me driving 2 weeks after that, followed me for over 40 blocks on my way to uni, and then pulled me over in the parking lot of a tim hortons obviously he was being a dick and told me that the only reason people had big mufflers were if they were drug dealers and needed to signal the junkies that they had arrived lol.
    Tap, Rack, BANG!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Definitely fight this, it'll be no problem to be dropped.

The thing that pisses me off is that you have to take time off to go down and deal with this. Makes me feel like if the ticket gets dropped you should be compensated for your time dealing with that shit because otherwise, you'd be at work.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by msommers
    Definitely fight this, it'll be no problem to be dropped.

The thing that pisses me off is that you have to take time off to go down and deal with this. Makes me feel like if the ticket gets dropped you should be compensated for your time dealing with that shit because otherwise, you'd be at work.
    Thats what I always said. If the cop gets overtime, so should the victim.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Toma

Agreed on that.

I hate tickets like this because there's no way to actually prove you were on your phone, it's simply his word against yours. You didn't admit fault at the time, so if you fight it I'm positive it'll get dropped. Hopefully you don't have to take time off work, that's always the biggest kicker.

I got pulled over for distracted driving for looking down. Cop said that he couldn't quite tell because of the tint. That was during the warning period though, and at least he didn't give me a tint ticket. I'm usually one to say 'blah blah, man up and pay blah blah' but I have no doubt in my mind that this is BS. Fight it.

First time I've agreed with Toma in one of these threads.

My Ride
    something green

I really don't care for this law at all...I think it was poorly conceived, written and applied. It was kneejerk and it probably put more people into danger via downward looking under dash texting than it remove from danger.
    Especially the navigation rule, I mean really, turning a knob one click to zoom into 1 km view is worthy of a 172$ ticket. C'mon..
    Whats next, ticketing people for drunk driving because they bought booze and own a car..
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Sentra spec5-T

Does it even matter, aren't you filing for bankruptcy?

My Ride
    01 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4

This is some good Beyondertainment!

I hope you exercise your rights and keep us up with the process. I generally defend the Police, but fair is fair.

If anything, stand up for what is right because you live in a Country that allows you to. If you are 100% truthful in your tale, then fight the good fight.

As far as your phone details go, that is crap that they don't have the records. If you murdered someone, that is easily one of the top pieces of evidence against you that the Po-leese go for.

Maybe I watch too much TV. Seems legit though.
    Originally posted by rage2
    I can't believe I'm driving Ferraris in those vids. I'd never be caught dead in one now.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

I know a British officer, he was really nice.

Originally posted by Kona9
    As far as your phone details go, that is crap that they don't have the records. If you murdered someone, that is easily one of the top pieces of evidence against you that the Po-leese go for.
    I think solving a murder is a bit more of an important reason to go through the system then a guy fighting a ticket. From my TV watching, I was under the impression getting those records isn't easy and can take some time.

tv = truth obv
    Last edited by Maybelater; 08-03-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Originally posted by littledan

btw cos I only brought up the fact that I was a p.eng since YYC was intent on calling me an idiot and saying that I obviously didn't present my case in a professional manner.
    FYI. Worst thing to do. I would say most engineers are retarded. The people I want to have dinner with and chat about my industry are not the engineers. The engineers drive Saturns to work, drink tea, and explain shit to me I never wanted to know.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

Originally posted by Cos

FYI. Worst thing to do. I would say most engineers are retarded. The people I want to have dinner with and chat about my industry are not the engineers. The engineers drive Saturns to work, drink tea, and explain shit to me I never wanted to know.
    Hahahaha good one.

I would say you are an idiot, but that would be presumptuous of me.

But since you took the lead. You are an idiot.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

Originally posted by Toma

We only get overtime if it falls on a day off. I've never written a ticket just to go to court for it. Because I'd rather have the day off.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

Oh man, i have a sweet pic and back story to add to this!

Cop was texting(or mustache scratching) and drove into the back of my buddies truck lol!

I'll add the pic when I get to my PC.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    a really big tow vehicle

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

there she is in all her glory lol.
    1999 NBS Silverado 4x4 awaiting an extensive build.
    6" BDS Lift is in. 37" mud grapplers. Built trans(by me) 4.10's, shaved ls6 heads, comp cam. More to come.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by se7en

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

there she is in all her glory lol.
    lol.... I got tboned by a cop downtown at low speed, he was runnign a red.

I had like 6 people run over offering business cards in case I needed a witness.
    lmao

So did he try and ticket the truck for being lifted?

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Cos

HAHAHA, your not a fan of the ghey pinky ring & the prestige??? proudly stating "I'm an engineer" (no one cares!)

My Ride
    4 doors, 4 cylinders

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

We only get overtime if it falls on a day off. I've never written a ticket just to go to court for it. Because I'd rather have the day off.
    ^^^This... I HATE having to go to court on my days off... I would much rather be golfing, or accomplishing something around the house.

"Oh but all cops love writing tickets and getting cash money to go to court!!".... uhhh, no. I like days off like everyone else. I don't want to put on a suit and drive downtown right in the middle of my morning. Some say time is money, but time is far more valuable.
    Just because it happened to you, doesn't make it interesting.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

I think the only thing worse than that would be losing money and your time to deal with an obviously bogus ticket. It's a lose or lose-more situation for the ticket holder.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

You should have handled it differently ..

Cop: What were you really doing?

You: Scratching my face.

Cop: So why'd you look down?

You: My balls are itchy too.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast