Quantcast
Exterior home painter recommendation - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exterior home painter recommendation

My Ride
    '18 Murano

Default Exterior home painter recommendation

I need some trim painted on a 2 storey home. Most of the ground-level work is done, just need the high stuff done.

Can anyone recommend a company?

Thanks.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Friend of mine works for 1-800-WOW-1DAY

Try them.

My Ride
    Nothing exciting

Let me know if the above mention is good and reasonably priced. Looking to get mine done as well!

I'm in the same boat. Still have the paint too. What do they charge for just the very top part if you also supply the paint?

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Why not rent a cherry picker for a day and finish it yourself. Probably will be cheaper than hiring someone else.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Same here. Also looking for interior painters.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

never seen so many fucking cheapo's... so let me get this straight... you guys paint the bottom half of your houses (LOL), leave the upper half unpainted (LOL again), cause your either too lazy, or too cheap to buy a decent ladder, and expect a good and reputable company to come out to FIRST give you an estimate, have you think it over, AND plz make sure you get a few more, just incase someone costs 100 bucks more then the guy before, and then come back and spray the rest of your home? you guys are seriously pathetic! If any of you called me, I'd laugh at you, i'd make sure to get a really good laugh at your expense too, make you feel like a fucking idiot on the phone, and then hang up cause your wasting my time. buncha beyond clowns...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

For the first time I can recall, I'm going to agree with InRich.
    If you want your house painted by a professional, get your whole house painted by a professional with the paint proveded by the professional.
    No reputable professional I can think of would be intrested in painted half a house with paint that they can't trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Originally posted by InRich
    never seen so many fucking cheapo's... so let me get this straight... you guys paint the bottom half of your houses (LOL), leave the upper half unpainted (LOL again), cause your either too lazy, or too cheap to buy a decent ladder, and expect a good and reputable company to come out to FIRST give you an estimate, have you think it over, AND plz make sure you get a few more, just incase someone costs 100 bucks more then the guy before, and then come back and spray the rest of your home? you guys are seriously pathetic! If any of you called me, I'd laugh at you, i'd make sure to get a really good laugh at your expense too, make you feel like a fucking idiot on the phone, and then hang up cause your wasting my time. buncha beyond clowns...
    Sorry. I was working on painting the top level of my house but the ladder failed and I fell. Unfortunately I broke my hip so I'm in a wheelchair now until I can heal enough for the hip replacement surgery. The wife is absolutely terrified of heights, so she's unable to do it. I would really like to get the house finished before winter.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride

InRich: This is where you delete your post, and put a comment saying "Sorry, I'm a fucking tool for spouting stupid shit when I have idea of the circumstances of the posters."

Oh, and I'm fine. I just wanted to make a point.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

^ u sound upset... simmer down, at the end of the day I'm still gonna laugh at you.

My Ride

Originally posted by InRich
    ^ u sound upset... simmer down, at the end of the day I'm still gonna laugh at disabled people.
    I'm not upset, I'm disappointed. I figured that you had more class than that. Sorry, my mistake.

I don't mind, when someone points it out that way, it does seem a bit silly.

To put it into perspective, I was quoted $1300 to do my house. I bought the paint for <$200 and completed 93.333% of it. The section I couldn't do isn't safe to get a ladder to, and now that codetrap mentions it, a cherry picker is probably the only way. So if saving over $1100 is considered cheap, then yes, I'm cheap.

So thanks codetrap, I will take your advice and get a cherry picker to finish the job.
    Last edited by phreezee; 08-28-2012 at 07:43 PM.

My Ride

No worries m8. Always glad to help.

My Ride
    Volvo S60 & Jeep GC

Originally posted by phreezee
    I don't mind, when someone points it out that way, it does seem a bit silly.

To put it into perspective, I was quoted $1300 to do my house. I bought the paint for &lt;$200 and completed 93.333% of it. The section I couldn't do isn't safe to get a ladder to, and now that codetrap mentions it, a cherry picker is probably the only way. So if saving over $1100 is considered cheap, then yes, I'm cheap.

So thanks codetrap, I will take your advice and get a cherry picker to finish the job.
    What part of the job do you think constitutes most of the $1300....

You must not have a lot of trim, I average $2500 for trim alone on an average 2 storey with hardy plank walls.

Im with Inrich on this one...

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yeah, I still don't think codetrap has really made any point.

Still sticking with InRich here. Reputable companies don't normally work with customer supplied material or accept jobs when the homeowner has done the first half himself.
    That also goes for electricians, framers, drywallers and roofers.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Don't you need to have an operator's ticket to use a boom lift/cherry picker? Just curious.

My Ride
    Super Car(s)

One time this guy called me to paint the trim on his house... This was my 2nd year in business, so I did want the job, but this house looked like shit. the stucco was blue, trim was moldy, flaking and peeling everywhere... So I told him straight up on the drive way.

"ya know I'd love to paint the trim on your house, but it all honesty, your wasting your money, cause the rest of your house looks like shit"

haha swear, I said that exact line... Guy looks at me and awe, I can tell hes never been talked to like that before. looks at me, looks at his house, and asks me how much. We signed the contract right there. haha.

Today when people call me to paint the window trim on their houses I tell em, its not worth my time, and politely tell them to find another company.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

InRich is right, his delivery just leaves something to be desired. Call College Pro paingint because that's about the only outfit you're going to get other than some drunk who works out of his van.....
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast